• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Thanks Gem, sadly the Aussies Ive encountered appear to be loud, drunk and rude:( its seems like Bali is a green light for shitty behavior although Im sure they arent all that way. Its a lovely culture here and the Balinese seem very gentle and accommodating.
Cant wait to get out and explore. Today i spent 5 hours in a dentist chair. Tomorrow the same then a reprieve for a couple of days. Traveling by myself so it is interesting. The traffic is hilarious. No rules........ no speed limit. I saw mum, dad and a baby on a scooter tonight........no helmets!
Traffic is total organized caos if there is such a thing.o_O To cross a road its head down,arse up, a quick prayer and hope like hell you make it across.

What a shame Aussies forget how to behave in places like Bali, it sounds like an interesting place! Hope your dentist work goes well.

We are going through our Hep A & B course now, wasn't sure if we needed it but it definitely won't hurt. We have had the blood test done to check immunity and have had the vaccines needed apart from the flu shot.

I meant to ask (and maybe I did) - did you question the CO whether hubby would have "passed" on his win?

Hi Simon, I didn't question the CO, but I did ask the lady at the Consulate who took our paperwork and they told us "probably not". Guess we are really lucky I won this year :)

Without sounding really dumb.....But is there some kind of Australian Medical database,
whereby a GP or Medical Worker can look up to see what Vaccinations someone has had
in there life? I have moved constantly in my 35 years on Earth (different States & Countries)
and have never had a solid ongoing GP / Doctor etc...etc...Much Obliged.

Without sounding really dumb.....But is there some kind of Australian Medical database,
whereby a GP or Medical Worker can look up to see what Vaccinations someone has had
in there life? I have moved constantly in my 35 years on Earth (different States & Countries)
and have never had a solid ongoing GP / Doctor etc...etc...Much Obliged.

Ask your GP to do a blood test for your immunity to the vaccinations that are required for the medical.

Hi Simon, I didn't question the CO, but I did ask the lady at the Consulate who took our paperwork and they told us "probably not". Guess we are really lucky I won this year :)

Yep, having the second win must have been a relief. I was 99.9999% sure the other win wouldn't have worked but it is a test of nerve to tell someone that bad news...

Nev
Thanks. Sincere apologies for the repetition (search function on here is not super user friendly). Pretty sure all our questions on here are repeated again and again in one place or another - I thought that was the point of having a new group each year. Thanks again.
never apologise for asking questions that's what this forum is all about, this suzie chick has a real attitude I've struck it before, quite harsh with her replies, I seem to remember a certain quote" if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" she could do with listening to that advise, always feel free to ask ? Even if they have been answered before. Good luck with ur DV visa journey :)

Anyone else quietly freaking out about picking ur whole life up and moving to a differenT country. Also has anyone done the nclex exam for ur nursing license in Texas or North carolina, my hubby is unsure re timelines of how long after you sit and pass the exam that you can actually start applying for work?

Nev
never apologise for asking questions that's what this forum is all about, this suzie chick has a real attitude I've struck it before, quite harsh with her replies, I seem to remember a certain quote" if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" she could do with listening to that advise, always feel free to ask ? Even if they have been answered before. Good luck with ur DV visa journey :)

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion about each and everyone here, however, I must say this post is uncalled for as the OP and the person that responded have both moved beyond it. Yes we would love for everyone to feel at home in this forum and ask whatever DV related question they may have. Please do not open the doors to some unnecessary rancor.

Here's a question that's pretty much the reversal of Emily's one. I studied in Taiwan for 2 years post-grad and have received my police cert from there but it has my new passport number on it. When I was in Taiwan I was on my old passport. Should I go ahead and apply for another with my old number to be safe?

Here's a question that's pretty much the reversal of Emily's one. I studied in Taiwan for 2 years post-grad and have received my police cert from there but it has my new passport number on it. When I was in Taiwan I was on my old passport. Should I go ahead and apply for another with my old number to be safe?

You are always better off having a more recent police report if possible - but they will accept an old one as long as they are convinced you didn't re-enter the country in the meantime. As for the police cert you already have, that is still useful especially if you can take the old passport to the interview.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion about each and everyone here, however, I must say this post is uncalled for as the OP and the person that responded have both moved beyond it. Yes we would love for everyone to feel at home in this forum and ask whatever DV related question they may have. Please do not open the doors to some unnecessary rancor.

Oh lol I totally missed that snarky response. Thanks mom.

Yes I must admit sometimes I do get a bit impatient when people ask things that have been asked countless times before. The equivalent of the "read the spreadsheet" responses on the AOS thread! It seems one can't expect everyone to spend a little time reading previous threads/responses before posting questions, ah well, I guess people approach things differently, just the way some people think I have a bad attitude but others spend a lot of time pressing like on my posts :D.

I'll be honest, when I first joined, I found Susie's posts occasionally challenging and abrasive.

But I really could not have gotten through this process without her, Simon and Mom. They've been kind when it's needed and they have KICKED MY A** when it's also needed. And that was often.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, when I first joined, I found Susie's posts occasionally challenging and abrasive.

But I really could not have gotten through this process without her, Simon and Mom. They've been kind when it's needed and they have KICKED MY A** when it's also needed. And that was often.

:eek: What? KICKED YOUR A** when needed? :eek: lol :D:D

You should wait at least until you receive your 2NL before processing the London PCCC, that should be close enough and valid for the interview.

Thanks Sm1smom, I also found this on an US embassy website:
"A certificate issued by the police authorities in your current place of residence must be of recent date when presented to the consular officer. " So I assume you should just get it once you know you have an interview date as Sm1smom stated.

Another quick question - I lived in Japan for 9 months when I was 19 and originally thought I wouldn't need a police check for this.
But after reading other posts about someone who did need one after living there for 11months I'm not too sure. Perhaps because 11 months is almost a year it was required?

If it was an easy process I would just get one to be safe but it seems complicated/expensive so wondered if any one had any thoughts?

You are always better off having a more recent police report if possible - but they will accept an old one as long as they are convinced you didn't re-enter the country in the meantime. As for the police cert you already have, that is still useful especially if you can take the old passport to the interview.

Sorry, should've made my initial question clearer. I don't have an issue with the recency of the police cert, but the passport number shown on it. The passport number shown on my police cert is my current passport number but when I was living in Taiwan I was on my old, now expired passport. Should I re-apply for the police cert and ask for my old passport number to be shown?