• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I'll be honest, when I first joined, I found Susie's posts occasionally challenging and abrasive.

But I really could not have gotten through this process without her, Simon and Mom. They've been kind when it's needed and they have KICKED MY A** when it's also needed. And that was often.
Good to know:)

Just thought I would let everyone know, picked up our medicals from Brisbane and they are valid for 6 months from the date on the medical, I had read somewhere in a post 12 months so putting it out there Qld is 6, flying to Sydney on Monday night for the big day.....fingers crossed :))

Good luck CC1, but you wont need it.
Exciting times ahead :)

Reactions: CC1
Good luck CC1, but you wont need it.
Exciting times ahead :)
Thanks tonis , Exciting yes but also nerve wracking, cant tell you how many times I've checked all my paperwork, ridiculous I know but have all my t's crossed and I's dotted so I hope all goes well, our appointment is at 8.00am which is 7.00am Qld time, just hope i'm awake enough to answer there questions haha :)

Thanks tonis , Exciting yes but also nerve wracking, cant tell you how many times I've checked all my paperwork, ridiculous I know but have all my t's crossed and I's dotted so I hope all goes well, our appointment is at 8.00am which is 7.00am Qld time, just hope i'm awake enough to answer there questions haha :)

I know exactly where you're coming from, I was the same, but you will be fine and after the interview will wonder why you were worried. The interview is not really an interview it's more of a chat. The only question they asked us was " When do you plan to enter the US?" :)

Reactions: CC1
Hi everyone! I seemed to have caused some stress amongst our dear administrators I am sorry!! Of course we appreciate their given time and yes there will be some repetition and a little patience is required. It was a super simple question so I though I'd just post (won't do that again haha). I have been spending all my time reading up on the work experience requirements and required documentation as we have had our own business for over 12 years and my husband has a limited UAI (with some university study) and not an hsc. Also my husbands chest X-ray at the visa medical showed granulomas on his lungs (we had no idea). So he has had a lung biopsy etc etc and we are waiting on results (hopefully available before our interview nov 25). So it's been super stressful in this household!

Gosh, AimLK, my best wishes to you and your husband. I hope all works out ok and that you are winging your way to the US in no time.
Thanks Emily, we will get there one way or another! We can go down the L1 visa path if needed- provided the medical is ok!!

Hi everyone! I seemed to have caused some stress amongst our dear administrators I am sorry!! Of course we appreciate their given time and yes there will be some repetition and a little patience is required. It was a super simple question so I though I'd just post (won't do that again haha). I have been spending all my time reading up on the work experience requirements and required documentation as we have had our own business for over 12 years and my husband has a limited UAI (with some university study) and not an hsc. Also my husbands chest X-ray at the visa medical showed granulomas on his lungs (we had no idea). So he has had a lung biopsy etc etc and we are waiting on results (hopefully available before our interview nov 25). So it's been super stressful in this household!

Wow, that's intense! All the best health- and visa-wise

Good luck!

Not that I am an administrator but, AimLK, I truly do not believe you have caused any stress, not for one iota! I dont think anything said in the past was directed to you. I also am applying with work experience so I get the challenge. I am so sorry the medical has presented additional challenges. May be in some way it is a blessing that this has been picked up now and not 2, 5 or 10 years down the track. My understanding is this condition is very treatable so hang in there. My very best wishes for you and your family and I hope to see you at the consulate. Your appointment is 15 minutes before mine. Many positive warm fuzzies coming your way. :)

Last edited:
Not that I am an administrator but, AimLK, I truly do not believe you have caused any stress, not for one iota! I dont think anything said in the past was directed to you. I also am applying with work experience so I get the challenge. I am so sorry the medical has presented additional challenges. May be in some way it is a blessing that this has been picked up now and not 2, 5 or 10 years down the track. My understanding is this condition is very treatable so hang in there. My very best wishes for you and your family and I hope to see you at the consulate. Your appointment is 15 minutes before mine. Many positive warm fuzzies come your way. :)

EMS - I think you are all set, but since you mention work experience I just want to pop this link in here....

http://britsimonsays.com/?p=102

EMS - I think you are all set, but since you mention work experience I just want to pop this link in here....

http://britsimonsays.com/?p=102

Thanks Simon! Well written!!
Yes I think I am going to be ok but as in everything in life nothing is guaranteed. However I am staying positive and actually quite excited about my interview.
In the mean time Im kicking back in Bali for a couple of weeks. Im calling it my interview preparation time ;)

For Tonis and those about to go into interviews, how did you take your documents in. We've got a stack to take in and I'm curious to know the best way to organise everything.

There isn't alot of guidance on the DVSelectee website for Sydney.

I echo Emily's question. I remember reading a blog that said you weren't allowed to bring papers in plastic sleeves but this was for a few dv's ago.

There are four of us so it's complicated. Four birth certificates. Four medicals. Four passports. Marriage certificate. Police checks from multiple countries. And don't get me started on the education documents from both high school and university!

I just want some clarity on how to present all of this in a way that does not result in us fumbling with paper at the interview!

I echo Emily's question. I remember reading a blog that said you weren't allowed to bring papers in plastic sleeves but this was for a few dv's ago.
Gosh, lucky you mentioned that I have our three individual plastic sleeve bags with each persons documents in them, I shall look into it this morning, 2 hours before I jump on the flight to Sydney haha

There are four of us so it's complicated. Four birth certificates. Four medicals. Four passports. Marriage certificate. Police checks from multiple countries. And don't get me started on the education documents from both high school and university!

I just want some clarity on how to present all of this in a way that does not result in us fumbling with paper at the interview!
I have the same issue, I had them in plastic sleeves but will take them out and maybe do a manilla folder per person???

I know exactly where you're coming from, I was the same, but you will be fine and after the interview will wonder why you were worried. The interview is not really an interview it's more of a chat. The only question they asked us was " When do you plan to enter the US?" :)
Thanks for that, I thought there would be a load of questions, my hubby tends to be a bit of a chatterbox so I have asked him to keep it to a minimum, but if its just a chat he will be right in his element. I am hoping all will go well then its just a matter of deciding what month we are looking at heading off for our activation trip :)