• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

If you don't do this and proceed as single...and then in due course try to process your wife they will need your marriage certficate.... Then they will see that the marriage date precededed your DV interview... By which stage you should have informed them so, it will be regarded as immigration fraud. Not only will your wife not get a visa, but you may very well find yourself stripped of your green card too. So, I suggest you inform KCC without delay of the change in your circumstances.
Thx suzie I will do that.

Nobody is saying you did the wrong thing by applying as single - that was correct. But if you go to your interview as single that will be wrong.

And have you ever come across the DOS site where it says:

If your family circumstances have changed after you entered the lottery, for example, if you have gotten married or had a child, you will need to add your new family members to your case. (“Family member” refers to a spouse and/or unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery.)
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
I don't think you understood that line. What they meant wa
Nobody is saying you did the wrong thing by applying as single - that was correct. But if you go to your interview as single that will be wrong.
Suzy I will update simon just made it seem like I was married before I applied I wanted to clarfiy no hot blood. Otherwise thank you so much.

OK.

It takes 5 years of living in the USA to become a citizen, but sponsoring family is expensive and time consuming. You will also be raising questions of why your DV lottery case was processed as single when you were actually married. So - it would be a very bad idea to do that plan.

So first of all. If you have got married after the original entry you should inform KCC as soon as possible. I would advise you do that by emailing a copy of the marriage certificate to KCC regardless of how late that is (i.e. how close to the interview date). It is important to be able to show that you have tried to inform them.

You will ideally need to fill out a DS260 for your spouse. If you do not do that then you will surely experience hassle getting your spouse into the interview and you might be put on AP while they do background checks on your wife. It is better to do that in advance therefore.

When you add a spouse after the DV win, you can expect some questioning to see if your marriage is "real" and not just an attempt to obtain an extra Green Card.

Do the process right, with 100% honesty. otherwise you will have problems....
Thx for this clarification in years. I need to get this right is it true to get the citizenship it will take 5 years but without a break in the stayin the us. Something like continous stay. Also. For my case say I go and I need to help my family in processing the documentation is it possible to go and before tge visa expires and then come back to help then with the processing amd how long does my next visa take me?
Thx otherwise.

Yeah. I think I get u mom. Si correct me if am wrong. My medicals are ebding tomorrow and my interview on nov 20th. So immediately after the medicals
  1. I attach the marriage certificate and send it to kcc inform them of my changes in status
  2. I open my ds260 form and I add derivative as shown by usamommy
  3. Do I then have to go ahead and change the interview date?
  4. Do I have to inform them that my wife does not plan to immigrate immediately with me
Will this clear the administrative processing thing if that time comes.

Ps: The fact is I sent the forms on 24th may my mariage was in august so am not applying as single yet am married I don't know if courtship is considered marriage where simon comes from.

No, courtship is not considered marriage in the UK, but since you are trying to emigrate to the USA it would help you if you could adopt the USA understanding of marriage. The US government does recognize the various forms of marriage in different countries, but others can probably comment better on what stage you are at and whether that will be recognized as married. It is critical you get this right and given your interview date you should have time to sort this out before your interview.

I don't think you understood that line. What they meant wa

Suzy I will update simon just made it seem like I was married before I applied I wanted to clarfiy no hot blood. Otherwise thank you so much.

You don't think I understand a directive I drew your attention to? Wow! OK, good luck with your interpretation and your plans.

You don't think I understand a directive I drew your attention to? Wow! OK, good luck with your interpretation and your plans.
Hi mom. That wasn't for u that was a typo. I didn't complete the sentence I didn't even see it there probably tapped the post on my phone accidentally. Don't be so sensitive. Good job so far.;)

Hi mom. That wasn't for u that was a typo. I didn't complete the sentence I didn't even see it there probably tapped the post on my phone accidentally. Don't be so sensitive. Good job so far.;)

You may interpret my reaction as being "sensitive", it doesn't bother me. My reaction is simply my way of saying there are other people in dire need of the help I'm willing to provide and I'm not going to waste my time on those with faulty or skewed understanding of the process and who insist they're right. I clearly don't know everything sorrounding the DV process myself, but I certainly don't have the time or patience for BS either. Now, that we've cleared the air, we can both move on.

Yeah. I think I get u mom. Si correct me if am wrong. My medicals are ebding tomorrow and my interview on nov 20th. So immediately after the medicals
  1. I attach the marriage certificate and send it to kcc inform them of my changes in status
  2. I open my ds260 form and I add derivative as shown by usamommy
  3. Do I then have to go ahead and change the interview date?
  4. Do I have to inform them that my wife does not plan to immigrate immediately with me
Will this clear the administrative processing thing if that time comes.

Ps: The fact is I sent the forms on 24th may my mariage was in august so am not applying as single yet am married I don't know if courtship is considered marriage where simon comes from.

Regarding your situation, I'm not sure if KCC can/or will be willing to unlock your form again since your interview date as already been scheduled. Also there's no point adding your wife as a derivative if the plan is to petition and sponsor her own GC application some other time.

However if the plan is for your wife to also attend the interview and benefit immediately from your selection, then you may need to contact KCC and request for them to unlock the form right away - (you can begin to fill out the add derivative portion like @usamommy2015 suggested while waiting for the form to be unlocked), email a copy of your marriage certificate to KCC, you may or may not need to contact the embassy to change the interview date depending on when KCC unlocks the form and when you're able to complete the medical exam for your spouse, attend the interview with your spouse with ample prove of the existence of your relationship prior to your DV selection. Following a successful interview, you will most likely be issued with a visa which is valid for 6 months, you travel immediately while your wife stays back and you can then decide if life in the US will be worth it or not and your wife can join you before her visa expires.

Hi Guriix.Ive been closely following ur progress after learning that;Houston is the same city my host stays.Please share more on houston survival tactics.Thanks

The biggest survival for me would have to be a great host. It takes time for all the paperwork to get here and in the meantime you need to be with someone who will guide you and help you out. Save all the cash you can and make sure to assist around the house whenever you can. The rest I'm still learning.

hi guys , so i think we are to ask knec to send the results could some1 give in details the process of doing so ...since i hea payments are made in the bank and thea is a form or something.....kindly assist.......

Go to any Coop, Equity or National Bank, ask for KNEC bank details. Pay the Ksh. 2300 or thereabout then take the receipts and a copy of your results slip to the KNEC offices next to Central Bank on Haile Selassie.

Thats the thing, it says one original and one copy, but people here kept complaining about KNEC delaying their Certificate being sent to the Embassy.

Once you've paid the fee you can easily follow up with KNEC over the phone 0720 741004/ 0732 333566. Please guys pay early enough to avoid disappointments. I paid 2 months early and still had to followup with them 2 weeks before the interview.

Seems life on the fast lane cant get more thrilling. keep them coming, i mean the posts about America. You have not been to the E. coast -n/york, MD,NJ ?

I have been to that part of the world before. Other than New York and DC the rest are not as crazy to live in. The weather can be very high or very low during summer (very humid) and very cold (Winter) but MD and NJ has very many Kenyans.

Glad to hear from you, i have gone through your blog sound promising. But can i ask, what duration since you landed upto when you got the job? Secondly, for pocket money, an average of how much should one has to facilitate before he gets to earning. By faith my point of entry is Houston, next year.

Hi, I've been been here for 3 months now. I still haven't gotten a job. Transport logistics really but Houston has many entry level jobs. Where I live with a friend there are no bus lines closeby so that has been hard. All my paperwork got here a month ago. Now though I'm applying for jobs and hopefully soon I'll be out of the house and working. Save as much as you can. It'll all depend with your host really. 3000-5000USD if you can is not a bad sum to start with.

Hi, i have a question here, if ones documents to be specific the KCSE certificate has an initial in his names eg, Omollo J. Adeka ., will it have issues at the embassy???

Hi, i have a question here, if ones documents to be specific the KCSE certificate has an initial in his names eg, Omollo J. Adeka ., will it have issues at the embassy???
nop its no issue just make sure he requests knec to send the results to the embassy.