• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Thank you m
You may interpret my reaction as being "sensitive", it doesn't bother me. Mds260. ction is simply my way of saying there are other people in dire need of the help I'm willing to provide and I'm not going to waste my time on those with faulty or skewed understanding of the process and who insist they're right. I clearly don't know everything sorrounding the DV process myself, but I certainly don't have the time or patience for BS either. Now, that we've cleared the air, we can both move on.

Regarding your situation, I'm not sure if KCC can/or will be willing to unlock your form again since your interview date as already been scheduled. Also there's no point adding your wife as a derivative if the plan is to petition and sponsor her own GC application some other time.

However if the plan is for your wife to also attend the interview and benefit immediately from your selection, then you may need to contact KCC and request for them to unlock the form right away - (you can begin to fill out the add derivative portion like @usamommy2015 suggested while waiting for the form to be unlocked), email a copy of your marriage certificate to KCC, you may or may not need to contact the embassy to change the interview date depending on when KCC unlocks the form and when you're able to complete the medical exam for your spouse, attend the interview with your spouse with ample prove of the existence of your relationship prior to your DV selection. Following a successful interview, you will most likely be issued with a visa which is valid for 6 months, you travel immediately while your wife stays back and you can then decide if life in the US will be worth it or not and your wife can join you before her visa expires.
Thank you mom. However you mixed me abit. Should I go ahead and send the certificate to kcc if they might not unlovk the ds260. I get the part of going first and making the decision within the visa expiry periodif 6months. However won't the fact that I got married raise so many eye bows. Which evidence can I use to prove we were dating before. Do sms messages. Dated photos help in anyway. If thats too hard, advice on the GC application you talked of. Do u have any link I can read about how the process is done. Is it any easy one.

By the way your information has been very helpful. I wish I knew about the forum earlier I would be struggling right now.
Thank you so much for the help so far I really appreciate.

Now the details: Wanted to be extra
careful so I had to set double alarm
last night and then went to bed.
Before going to bed, I checked my
documents to make sure everything
was intact. Around 3:45am my eyes
opened (natural instinct I guess lol)
couldn't go back to sleep again so
had to watch Aljazeera news to
keep myself occupied. Exactly 5:30 I
bordered a taxi cab. Got to the
Embassy some few minutes after
6am. Meet a couple of people
waiting around the embassy. At
7am the gate was opened. We were
ordered to form 2 separate queues,
one for immigrants the other for
non-immigrants. I joined the
immigrants queue and then we
went through security checks. Our
bags were scanned and mobile
phones, laptops, usb were left at the
security. We finally went through
and into the main hall. Soon my
name was called and my documents
were taken at Window 1. I was then
ordered to go do my payment at the
cashier. I paid $330 and took the
receipt back to Window 1. Then the
waiting began. I waited for about 30
mins. While waiting I met a lovely
lady who was also on DV lottery (we
were too far apart to have any
meaningful convo. Soon my name
was mentioned and I walked over
to Window 5. A lovely American CO
greeted me with smiles. I smiled
back (keep a smile)
Now the Main interview:
CO: Good Morning
Me:Good Morning
CO:εti sεn (How are you)
Me: εγε οο na wonso εεh (I'm good
and You
CO: εγε (I'm good)
Me: Smiling...
CO: Pls raise your right hand and
swear to speak the truth and
nothing but the truth
Me: I did that
CO: Which year did you finished
High School
Me: Answered
CO: How many times did you sat for
SSCE/WASSCE
CO: And these are your results?
Me: Yea
CO: What did you do after school?
Me: Started explaining
CO: Go straight to the point
Me: Told him where I work now
At this point he was busily typing
on his computer
CO: Smiling.. Congratulations your
visa has been approved
Me: Smiling too, thank you
CO: It wasn't difficult was it ?
Me:.No it wasn't (matter of fact it
wasn't?
The main interview lasted less than
2 minutes. The CO told me he will
keep my documents and passport
and issued me with the super blue
paper with the collection date on.
He even apologized for the
interview delay.
I know It's a lengthy stuff I've
written pls pardon me. Just want
everyone to have the interview
experience from A - Z.. pls ignored
all my typos.

back (keep a smile)
Now the Main interview:
and You
nothing but the truth
High School
SSCE/WASSCE
on his computer
visa has been approved
wasn't?
interview delay.
all my typos.

Congratulations, that was an experience.!

Hi, i have a question here, if ones documents to be specific the KCSE certificate has an initial in his names eg, Omollo J. Adeka ., will it have issues at the embassy???

Just do an affidavit from a lawyer to state the person in the certificate and other documents is the same person. I did that but they never asked for it at the Embassy. It's good to have it though.

back (keep a smile)
Now the Main interview:
and You
nothing but the truth
High School
SSCE/WASSCE
on his computer
visa has been approved
wasn't?
all my typos.
congrats................!!!!!!!!!! citizen K

Thank you m

Thank you mom. However you mixed me abit. Should I go ahead and send the certificate to kcc if they might not unlovk the ds260. I get the part of going first and making the decision within the visa expiry periodif 6months. However won't the fact that I got married raise so many eye bows. Which evidence can I use to prove we were dating before. Do sms messages. Dated photos help in anyway. If thats too hard, advice on the GC application you talked of. Do u have any link I can read about how the process is done. Is it any easy one.

By the way your information has been very helpful. I wish I knew about the forum earlier I would be struggling right now.

It doesn't matter how many eyebrows you raise, you either are married or you are not. If you are married, you must tell them that. What will get you disqualified is you trying to be cunning and getting by with less than 100% honesty.

It doesn't matter how many eyebrows you raise, you either are married or you are not. If you are married, you must tell them that. What will get you disqualified is you trying to be cunning and getting by with less than 100% honesty.
got that....

Just wanted to know where to send the info, the embassy or kcc, sounded like if i send to kcc, i might have to reschedule my interview depending on the time they unlock my ds260, however, if i send the info to the embassy i might not get the chance for my family to apply now, i will have to do it the hard way. thats my dilemma, just clarify for me,
is it necessary to ask kcc to unlcok my DS form or should i send the info directly to the embassy

got that....

Just wanted to know where to send the info, the embassy or kcc, sounded like if i send to kcc, i might have to reschedule my interview depending on the time they unlock my ds260, however, if i send the info to the embassy i might not get the chance for my family to apply now, i will have to do it the hard way. thats my dilemma, just clarify for me,
is it necessary to ask kcc to unlcok my DS form or should i send the info directly to the embassy

KCC deal with your application until an interview is scheduled. Once an interview is scheduled, the file goes to the embassy. So who you deal with at any point in time depends on that.

KCC deal with your application until an interview is scheduled. Once an interview is scheduled, the file goes to the embassy. So who you deal with at any point in time depends on that.
Suzy, please be clear, are you certain i should only contact the us embassy in kenya, @mom yo kind input would be very helpful too.

back (keep a smile)
Now the Main interview:
and You
nothing but the truth
High School
SSCE/WASSCE
on his computer
visa has been approved
wasn't?
interview delay.
all my typos.
congratulation Citizen.k...one observation from your interview. you mean the Co dint ask about relationship with your host?

Thank you m

Usually once KCC schedules an interview they generally have nothing to do with the applicant again. However considering this is the first time applicants are submitting DS forms online, I/we really can't say for certain if they will still go ahead and unlock a form that has already been scheduled for an interview. Notwithstanding, you should still go ahead and email a copy of your marriage certificate to KCC, also use that same email to request for them to unlock your form and once they do update your wife's information.

In addition, contact the embassy and let them know you wish to add your wife as a derivative and request for them to send you an updated interview letter with her name or some authorization letter to enable her do her medical exam (I don't know if IOM will carry out a medical exam if her name isn't on the interview letter which I believe they often request to see). Contacting the KCC and the embassy should be done simultaneously since your interview is already scheduled for next month. Meanwhile if you already have your own medical exam scheduled, I suggest you go ahead and attend it while still waiting to solve the issues surrounding your wife's case.

People have gotten married after DV selection and have succeeded in listing their spouses as derivatives in the past. You wouldn't be the first person to do so. What matters is being able to show you marriage wasn't fraudulently entered into for the purpose of getting a GC. Yes sms messages and dated photos will help, of course they will like to see photos of the marriage ceremony itself with family members from both sides present. They will most likely ask you both questions about each other, and they will be observing how you interact with each other even while waiting to be called.

Suzy, please be clear, are you certain i should only contact the us embassy in kenya, @mom yo kind input would be very helpful too.

If your interview has already been scheduled, yes. By all means contact KCC too if it makes you feel better, but I exoect they will simply reply telling you to contact the embassy because your case has been handed over to them.
By contrast if your case has not been scheduled, the embassy will have no idea who you are and tell you to contact KCC.

Usually once KCC schedules an interview they generally have nothing to do with the applicant again. However considering this is the first time applicants are submitting DS forms online, I/we really can't say for certain if they will still go ahead and unlock a form that has already been scheduled for an interview. Notwithstanding, you should still go ahead and email a copy of your marriage certificate to KCC, also use that same email to request for them to unlock your form and once they do update your wife's information.

In addition, contact the embassy and let them know you wish to add your wife as a derivative and request for them to send you an updated interview letter with her name or some authorization letter to enable her do her medical exam (I don't know if IOM will carry out a medical exam if her name isn't on the interview letter which I believe they often request to see). Contacting the KCC and the embassy should be done simultaneously since your interview is already scheduled for next month. Meanwhile if you already have your own medical exam scheduled, I suggest you go ahead and attend it while still waiting to solve the issues surrounding your wife's case.

People have gotten married after DV selection and have succeeded in listing their spouses as derivatives in the past. You wouldn't be the first person to do so. What matters is being able to show you marriage wasn't fraudulently entered into for the purpose of getting a GC. Yes sms messages and dated photos will help, of course they will like to see photos of the marriage ceremony itself with family members from both sides present. They will most likely ask you both questions about each other, and they will be observing how you interact with each other even while waiting to be called.
Thank you so so much mom, this is relieving, my medicals were today and they were okay, got the shots and cd,
thank you again, i hope if all goes well we will grab a cup of coffee, i thin i know what to do now when i get back. this was very helpful

On Another note, sorry to consume too much of your time, we had planned our honeymoon in NY, we applied for the visas in uganda, the interview is sheduled for 21st oct, and planning to travel in june, i did not want to keep waiting for the dv results to have our honeymoon, should i go ahead and cancel the interview, do i attend and tell them am already processing dv visa, should i ask them to post pond until am done with the dv visa that is after 20th nov to ask for maybe dec or jan?
The B1/B2 visa i applied for was done in uganda, the dv visa is to be done in kenya. kindly see if you can help with this too.