• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi usken. Am in the same dilema like you. But me am in the coorporate. Qat I secided is to leave my family since my wife is also working. Its not worth putting all eggs in one basket. I will hustle for the first period and then prepare for my family if they get a chance to come. Otherwise husling with your family might be a tight paper. Besides like they say its a lottery if things don't workout you can return home. (Ug for my case)

If I understand your post correctly, your family will not be processing with you as DV beneficiaries, correct? Or is it that you will all process together but you go ahead first to explore and plan for them to join you before their visas expire?

If I understand your post correctly, your family will not be processing with you as DV beneficiaries, correct? Or is it that you will all process together but you go ahead first to explore and plan for them to join you before their visas expire?
I applied as a single person. By then I was not yet even married but even then I would not have travelled with tgemon an adventure like that.

I applied as a single person. By then I was not yet even married but even then I would not have travelled with tgemon an adventure like that.

You applied as single, got married after that and you plan on processing as a single person without updating your information showing that you're no longer single, but you hope to be able to bring your family later on? Are you aware that is regarded as fraudulent misrepresentation and what the consequences of such as action is? Even you you updated your information and still process alone, are you aware of what's involved which the process of petitioning/sponsoring immediate family members?

You applied as single, got married after that and you plan on processing as a single person without updating your information showing that you're no longer single, but you hope to be able to bring your family later on? Are you aware that is regarded as fraudulent misrepresentation and what the consequences of such as action is? Even you you updated your information and still process alone, are you aware of what's involved which the process of petitioning/sponsoring immediate family members?
Sm from what I gathered I did not have to unlock my ds260 since I had already subm it. However one of the super moderators said I will update info at the CO. I hope am correct. I applied in oct last year. Filled forms and sumittwd in I think end of may by that time we were dating 1 year earlier. Got married in august got confirmation of interview in sept. I think there is no cause for alarm I cld not have said that I was married when qe were still dating. N I cld not rush my wedding day because we had already booked and reserved everything in advance.

Sm from what I gathered I did not have to unlock my ds260 since I had already subm it. However one of the super moderators said I will update info at the CO. I hope am correct. I applied in oct last year. Filled forms and sumittwd in I think end of may by that time we were dating 1 year earlier. Got married in august got confirmation of interview in sept. I think there is no cause for alarm I cld not have said that I was married when qe were still dating. N I cld not rush my wedding day because we had already booked and reserved everything in advance.

There are only two mods here, Mom and myself. I can't find a post where you asked about the unlocking and either she or I answered. There is a point at which you are too late to unlock a DS260 before interview, but it is when you are a couple of weeks from the interview and get married.

You would be very foolish to process as single if you are now married. That will cause problems....

I also read somewhere that there is a possibility of becoming a citizen after 3 years of which you can apply for the family members to join u. I think I saw it on the visa site. I will check.

There are only two mods here, Mom and myself. I can't find a post where you asked about the unlocking and either she or I answered. There is a point at which you are too late to unlock a DS260 before interview, but it is when you are a couple of weeks from the interview and get married.

You would be very foolish to process as single if you are now married. That will cause problems....
Simon I forgive yo french. Anyway. One of the guys had an error on the forms and was asking about unlocking. One of the guys on the forum adviced to unlock then the other said its okay. Such typos happen you can change that at the COs office. Anyway. We hot married on 16th aug. By then I had sent the forms my interviews were today. I dont think I can pull the forms now. I think it is possible to correct on the interview day.

Hi Guys,

I was part of DV 2014, I'm now in Houston starting life afresh and all. It has been an interesting journey so far. I haven't found a job yet but I'm in the process of applying for one. If you have any questions about the process in general. Don't hesitate to ask. You can also check out my blog from my experience of going through the same. All the best as the 2NL's start coming in, CID Good Conduct certificates, KNEC Results, Medicals, Interviews and finally relocation.

http://guriixusjourney.wordpress.com/
Success brother;keep updating us.Thanks..

I would like to get your advice.

OK.

It takes 5 years of living in the USA to become a citizen, but sponsoring family is expensive and time consuming. You will also be raising questions of why your DV lottery case was processed as single when you were actually married. So - it would be a very bad idea to do that plan.

So first of all. If you have got married after the original entry you should inform KCC as soon as possible. I would advise you do that by emailing a copy of the marriage certificate to KCC regardless of how late that is (i.e. how close to the interview date). It is important to be able to show that you have tried to inform them.

You will ideally need to fill out a DS260 for your spouse. If you do not do that then you will surely experience hassle getting your spouse into the interview and you might be put on AP while they do background checks on your wife. It is better to do that in advance therefore.

When you add a spouse after the DV win, you can expect some questioning to see if your marriage is "real" and not just an attempt to obtain an extra Green Card.

Do the process right, with 100% honesty. otherwise you will have problems....

Not sure which moderator told you it was okay to proceed as you've done. I clearly didn't and BritSimon who is the other moderator would certainly not have suggested such.

Nobody is suggesting you should have listed a girlfriend as a wife or that you should have rushed your already planned marriage. However, if you had asked you could have been given other suggestions such as getting married first as planned (since it seems like you have a low CN) and adding your spouse - you would have been taught how to move your interview forward. And even if you didn't want your wife to process as a derivative, we would have told you the importance of still updating your marital status by unlocking your form and providing that information, and we could have helped you better weigh the pros and cons of your decision to process alone.

I also read somewhere that there is a possibility of becoming a citizen after 3 years of which you can apply for the family members to join u. I think I saw it on the visa site. I will check.

What you read about applying for citizenship after 3 years as a LPR is not applicable in your case. It's only for those who acquire LPR status through marriage. And even if that is applicable, are you saying you're okay with your new wife staying back in Kenya for 3 years before she's able to join you in the U.S.?

Untitled_zpsbb6c4308.png
[/URL][/IMG] You don't need to unlock your application to add a derivative. You can add as you wait for them to unlock so that you can edit the details.

instructions for the 2015 diversity immigrant visa program
you can also check that pdf failed to upload it. It clear on the issue of spouces.

And have you ever come across the DOS site where it says:

If your family circumstances have changed after you entered the lottery, for example, if you have gotten married or had a child, you will need to add your new family members to your case. (“Family member” refers to a spouse and/or unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery.)
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html

And have you ever come across the DOS site where it says:

If your family circumstances have changed after you entered the lottery, for example, if you have gotten married or had a child, you will need to add your new family members to your case. (“Family member” refers to a spouse and/or unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery.)
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html

If you don't do this and proceed as single...and then in due course try to process your wife they will need your marriage certficate.... Then they will see that the marriage date precededed your DV interview... By which stage you should have informed them so, it will be regarded as immigration fraud. Not only will your wife not get a visa, but you may very well find yourself stripped of your green card too. So, I suggest you inform KCC without delay of the change in your circumstances.

Not sure which moderator told you it was okay to proceed as you've done. I clearly didn't and BritSimon who is the other moderator would certainly not have suggested such.

Nobody is suggesting you should have listed a girlfriend as a wife or that you should have rushed your already planned marriage. However, if you had asked you could have been given other suggestions such as getting married first as planned (since it seems like you have a low CN) and adding your spouse - you would have been taught how to move your interview forward. And even if you didn't want your wife to process as a derivative, we would have told you the importance of still updating your marital status by unlocking your form and providing that information, and we could have helped you better weigh the pros and cons of your decision to process alone.
Yeah. I think I get u mom. Si correct me if am wrong. My medicals are ebding tomorrow and my interview on nov 20th. So immediately after the medicals
  1. I attach the marriage certificate and send it to kcc inform them of my changes in status
  2. I open my ds260 form and I add derivative as shown by usamommy
  3. Do I then have to go ahead and change the interview date?
  4. Do I have to inform them that my wife does not plan to immigrate immediately with me
Will this clear the administrative processing thing if that time comes.

Ps: The fact is I sent the forms on 24th may my mariage was in august so am not applying as single yet am married I don't know if courtship is considered marriage where simon comes from.