• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi Guys,

I was part of DV 2014, I'm now in Houston starting life afresh and all. It has been an interesting journey so far. I haven't found a job yet but I'm in the process of applying for one. If you have any questions about the process in general. Don't hesitate to ask. You can also check out my blog from my experience of going through the same. All the best as the 2NL's start coming in, CID Good Conduct certificates, KNEC Results, Medicals, Interviews and finally relocation.

http://guriixusjourney.wordpress.com/

Hi Guys,

I was part of DV 2014, I'm now in Houston starting life afresh and all. It has been an interesting journey so far. I haven't found a job yet but I'm in the process of applying for one. If you have any questions about the process in general. Don't hesitate to ask. You can also check out my blog from my experience of going through the same. All the best as the 2NL's start coming in, CID Good Conduct certificates, KNEC Results, Medicals, Interviews and finally relocation.

http://guriixusjourney.wordpress .com/
Hi Guriix.Ive been closely following ur progress after learning that;Houston is the same city my host stays.Please share more on houston survival tactics.Thanks

hi guys , so i think we are to ask knec to send the results could some1 give in details the process of doing so ...since i hea payments are made in the bank and thea is a form or something.....kindly assist.......

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear from you, i have gone through your blog sound promising. But can i ask, what duration since you landed upto when you got the job? Secondly, for pocket money, an average of how much should one has to facilitate before he gets to earning. By faith my point of entry is Houston, next year.

Hi Guriix.Ive been closely following ur progress after learning that;Houston is the same city my host stays.Please share more on houston survival tactics.Thanks
Eager to get a response on this from our friend Guriix and Ingwe.

@Nayfara and all in need of this info. Its really simple:
1. arm yourself with a photocopy of your kcse certificate. remember the embassy needs the kcse CERTIFICATE,( i am not sure about a result slip)
2. go to www.knec.ac.ke, read and download instructions on how to have a certified copy, repeat, download an print the instructions too.This will make your life easier when the actual walking in step 3 below comes. Download the requisite cerification form too.
3.Fill the certification form, and attach a copy( explicit in the instructions)
4. Go to CO-OP HOUSE branch of co-op bank Nairobi with kshs 2320, the knec- specific banking slips are available there. pay, probably with little guidance from a teller but the slips are self explanatory
4. go to extelcoms house in Nairobi, 3rd floor. It's a typical govt service but it works and you will queue . Drop your form there and be sure to tell them that it is for us visa application. It is wise to include your cn
5.Wait for two weeks then write to the embassy to confirm receipt.
Best wishes.

Hi Guys,

Seems life on the fast lane cant get more thrilling. keep them coming, i mean the posts about America. You have not been to the E. coast -n/york, MD,NJ ?

Okay here is an interesting Query, I am a big "saver" and have my original KCSE Certificate AND result slip (I also have my Grade 8 certificate, and every result after that, and all my notes, gosh, I even kept my success cards up until a few years ago, but I digress.) Do I still need to get it from KNEC?

Okay here is an interesting Query, I am a big "saver" and have my original KCSE Certificate AND result slip (I also have my Grade 8 certificate, and every result after that, and all my notes, gosh, I even kept my success cards up until a few years ago, but I digress.) Do I still need to get it from KNEC?

Rules are rules. absolutely yes and no two ways about it. Its your knec kcse cerificate with a d- minus mean grade and above, OR NOTHING!!,
please go to http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas2.html

Hey jonge am drom ug. Am wondering where did you get the certificate is it strictly CPS or the village police posts were u lived
Police Records
Police certificates may be obtained by writing to the Director of CID, P.O. Box 2973, Kampala. Requests must contain correspondence explaining the need for the certificate, fingerprints taken at a police station, and photocopies of pages 1-5 and 61 of the passport. It takes approximately two weeks to obtain the certificate. Fee: Ush 50,000.

This is very difficult. It may be harder for you and your wife to find jobs (it may not be - I don't know- but you may have to change focus for example). One thing that I have very little doubt on though is that even if your children say...have to have smaller bedrooms than in Kenya or whatever so maybe doesn't "look" as well off - that their longer term opportunities and quality of life in the US will probably be much better than they could get in Kenya. And same for their children, etc. So I guess it depends how long term you want to look ahead.
Police Records
Police certificates may be obtained by writing to the Director of CID, P.O. Box 2973, Kampala. Requests must contain correspondence explaining the need for the certificate, fingerprints taken at a police station, and photocopies of pages 1-5 and 61 of the passport. It takes approximately two weeks to obtain the certificate. Fee: Ush 50,000.
Thx my dear that was helpful.

Thats the thing, it says one original and one copy, but people here kept complaining about KNEC delaying their Certificate being sent to the Embassy.
I quote the website i referred youto:
* For applicants who attended school in Kenya: Please note that in order to prove that you meet
the minimum DV education requirement (high school education or local equivalent), in many
cases we require a confidential copy of your Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
(KCSE) results. You must have a minimum of a D- (minus) to qualify for DV2014. Please go
to the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) and request that they send the U.S.
Embassy in Nairobi a confidential copy of your results at least two weeks before your interview
appointment. You may have to pay a fee directly to KNEC for this service.”

Try patience if you must in order for you to comply. Why take a chance?

Accepted.Excellently advanced argument.
Hi usken. Am in the same dilema like you. But me am in the coorporate. Qat I secided is to leave my family since my wife is also working. Its not worth putting all eggs in one basket. I will hustle for the first period and then prepare for my family if they get a chance to come. Otherwise husling with your family might be a tight paper. Besides like they say its a lottery if things don't workout you can return home. (Ug for my case)

Hi usken. Am in the same dilema like you. But me am in the coorporate. Qat I secided is to leave my family since my wife is also working. Its not worth putting all eggs in one basket. I will hustle for the first period and then prepare for my family if they get a chance to come. Otherwise husling with your family might be a tight paper. Besides like they say its a lottery if things don't workout you can return home. (Ug for my case)
Good idea. I am too used to coming home to my family every day though.
Let's try.