• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Not really !
Because as soon as you go current you Case number has no influence on the interview date.
Some extreme low numbers gets an interview late in the month, and some high numbers get right at the beginning !
Sure,I totally agree.Once current "first come first served" basis applies(during that month).

Ok..Example Julie joles has his CN 2015AF000001xx ( slated for 8th Oct 2014) and Weldon 2015AF00003xxx(1st Oct 2014) What transpired here.

Cost for processing green card in Kenya
PARTICULARS PLACE AMOUNT (approx)
Medical (IOM ) kshs 20,000/=
6 acceptable passports Village Market Kshs 1,000/=
Immigrant VISA (NRB US Embs) Kshs 30,000/=
USCIS Online Kshs 15,000/=
TOTAL Kshs 66,000/=

E&O accepted Khs vs Dollar @ the rate of ksh Kshs 66,000/= 88/1 dollar = $750
Airline Not less than kshs 75,000/= lowest season (average Point of entry) = $ 855
Pocket money once in the USA =$ 1000
GRAND TOTAL $ 2,605.

Any opinion?

Ok..Example Julie joles has his CN 2015AF000001xx ( slated for 8th Oct 2014) and Weldon 2015AF00003xxx(1st Oct 2014) What transpired here.
To me its just that all the ones that called for an interview, have a visa slot allocated so it won't really matter whether you have it on the first or on the 30th.
But that might not apply at the very late stage of the fiscal year !

Cost for processing green card in Kenya
PARTICULARS PLACE AMOUNT (approx)
Medical (IOM ) kshs 20,000/=
6 acceptable passports Village Market Kshs 1,000/=
Immigrant VISA (NRB US Embs) Kshs 30,000/=
USCIS Online Kshs 15,000/=
TOTAL Kshs 66,000/=

E&O accepted Khs vs Dollar @ the rate of ksh Kshs 66,000/= 88/1 dollar = $750
Airline Not less than kshs 75,000/= lowest season (average Point of entry) = $ 855
Pocket money once in the USA =$ 1000
GRAND TOTAL $ 2,605.

Any opinion?

6 "acceptable passports" from the "village market" - what the heck is that????

Also, pocket money in the USA of $1000. Crikey - that won't last very long!

6 "acceptable passports" from the "village market" - what the heck is that????

Also, pocket money in the USA of $1000. Crikey - that won't last very long!
Village Market is the names for an upmarket mall commonly visited by expatriates near the NAIROBI EMBASSY/UNEP HQ where most DV selectees go for their passports(one of the accredited photo studio).My estimation was for an Individual with a very caring Host/Sponsor/relative and who is willing to foot most of the initial costs.In August the Airline were charging $1590, in October the charges went down to $ 852 ( New york)depend with the season.The bottom line is "This a poor man's budget working at the edge...There are many others MISCL.. coast like TAXI,FOOD,CLOTHING......
Am not a financial expert neither have I ever gone through the process.Kindly contribute to this and lets have an acceptable stand

Last edited:
Village is an upmarket(mall commonly visited by expatriates) near the NAIROBI EMBASSY/UNEP HQ where most DV go for their passports.My estimation was for an Individual with a very caring Host/Sponsor/relative and who is willing to foot most of the initial costs.In August the Airline were charging $1590 in October they say$ 852.Depend with the season.The bottom line is "This a poor man's budget working at the edge...There many others coast like TAXI,FOOD,CLOTHING......
Am not a financial expert neither have I ever gone through the process.Kindly contribute to this and lets have an acceptable stand

Well our background and experiences differ. I see the passport as something a government issues - not something "acceptable" you can buy - even if it is "upmarket". However, maybe that is just me.

Regarding costs of being here, yes a single person with a very generous host might be able to get by with that pocket money. However, I am a father and husband - and I had to pay my own way and provide a safe home for my family - so my pocket money was a bit higher than yours (well a lot really).

We have had other threads where settling costs were discussed.

Sure,I totally agree.Once current "first come first served" basis applies(during that month).
I contacted KCC regarding my case and informed me that: Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

I contacted KCC regarding my case and informed me that: Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
Well our background and experiences differ. I see the passport as something a government issues - not something "acceptable" you can buy - even if it is "upmarket". However, maybe that is just me.

Regarding costs of being here, yes a single person with a very generous host might be able to get by with that pocket money. However, I am a father and husband - and I had to pay my own way and provide a safe home for my family - so my pocket money was a bit higher than yours (well a lot really).

We have had other threads where settling costs were discussed.
In Kenya we call the 2x2 size portraits taken in studio as passports,the other one is the traveling document passport issued by Immigration ministry.

Yes Simon, we know that but people have answered you based on reality and experience rather than a generic email response.

During the birth, if am not wrong, only the name of the mother is captured in the the Birth notification that is given to the mother when leaving the hospital.This notification is purely to prove a birth has taken place in hospital x and by female y.Its this notification ones presented to the registrar, that captures the fathers names and other details which are not printed on the Real birth certificate e .g the fathers ID etc...Example is the Kenya National Certificate of Education (KNEC)once Exam are out ,you receive a notification of results( result slip)however after a year you get the real Certificate. So the Embassy requires the Final-Long Version as you call it of the KNEC certificate and not the Result slip.I have also witnessed a couple who were requested by the Nairobi Embassy to produce a Long version of Marriage certificate from the Attorneys general office and when they paid a fee and after producing the Notification of marriage(the ones we normally call marriage certificate) they were issued with a BIG A3 size copy)which I have never seen before.Are you satisfied?
thenks simon...its crystal clear now :)