• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

My CN is 2015AF000004XX,I Submitted my(principal) ds 260 on 19/05/2014 and for the derivatives on 11/07/2014( since their passports had not been processed)Am yet to receive the 2N.Could the derivatives ds 260's have affected the scheduling for October Interview and when should I then expect to receive the 2NL?

My CN is 2015AF000004XX,I Submitted my(principal) ds 260 on 19/05/2014 and for the derivatives on 11/07/2014( since their passports had not been processed)Am yet to receive the 2N.Could the derivatives ds 260's have affected the scheduling for October Interview and when should I then expect to receive the 2NL?
When did you submit the ds 260?

what is the 'long version' birth certificate in kenya?
I think what he meant is The ordinary Birth certificate issued after presentation of the Notification of Birth.Some people confuse the Notification of birth as the Birth certificate.
Notification-Given by the Hospital
Long Version-Given by the Ministry of Immigration

I think what he meant is The ordinary Birth certificate issued after presentation of the Notification of Birth.Some people confuse the Notification of birth as the Birth certificate.
Thanks Simon,I was troubled to an extend of visiting the registrar of person at kajiado;he also did explain as you have noted

Welocme,we are
Thanks Simon,I was troubled to an extend of visiting the registrar of person at kajiado;he also did explain as you have noted
Welcome,we are here to educate one another.I will post my number ndio tumbonge zaidi

Are you aware that you will be receiving you 2NL in November-December 2014.Man, be prepared.

simon, kindly differentiate the two..notification and long version, its imperative i get this very clearly

At the embassy they require the full birth certificate (long form).
Its the one that shows all the birth details as well as the parents names + parents details ....
During the birth, if am not wrong, only the name of the mother is captured in the the Birth notification that is given to the mother when leaving the hospital.This notification is purely to prove a birth has taken place in hospital x and by female y.Its this notification ones presented to the registrar, that captures the fathers names and other details which are not printed on the Real birth certificate e .g the fathers ID etc...Example is the Kenya National Certificate of Education (KNEC)once Exam are out ,you receive a notification of results( result slip)however after a year you get the real Certificate. So the Embassy requires the Final-Long Version as you call it of the KNEC certificate and not the Result slip.I have also witnessed a couple who were requested by the Nairobi Embassy to produce a Long version of Marriage certificate from the Attorneys general office and when they paid a fee and after producing the Notification of marriage(the ones we normally call marriage certificate) they were issued with a BIG A3 size copy)which I have never seen before.Are you satisfied?

During the birth, if am not wrong, only the name of the mother is captured in the the Birth notification that is given to the mother when leaving the hospital.This notification is purely to prove a birth has taken place in hospital x and by female y.Its this notification ones presented to the registrar, that captures the fathers names and other details which are not printed on the Real birth certificate e .g the fathers ID etc...Example is the Kenya National Certificate of Education (KNEC)once Exam are out ,you receive a notification of results( result slip)however after a year you get the real Certificate. So the Embassy requires the Final-Long Version as you call it of the KNEC certificate and not the Result slip.I have also witnessed a couple who were requested by the Nairobi Embassy to produce a Long version of Marriage certificate from the Attorneys general office and when they paid a fee and after producing the Notification of marriage(the ones we normally call marriage certificate) they were issued with a BIG A3 size copy)which I have never seen before.Are you satisfied?

Simon, I agree with your explanation and examples. Well stated.

@Britsimon and @vladek15425, given that 2015AF3xxx has an interview on the first day of the 2015 fiscal year, does that give an indication towards the density of lower CNs?

100% satisfied

My Initial question was:For all those who are current,when was the deadline for submission for the ds 260 to be considered for October Interview- Kindly read this post made by susie:"It is very possible that submitting the derivatives DS late has delayed the process. Only KCC can tell you for sure.
Nobody knows exactly, but I would say 4 months in advance to be guaranteed - maybe ok with 3 months at certain times- the timelines, as I have figured them out, are generally like this:
- to be safe allow 2 months for KCC to processIt is very possible that submitting the derivatives DS late has delayed the process. Only KCC can tell you for sure. applications. At quieter times it may be shorter but this is safer. I would not allow less than one month for processing.
- KCC generally schedules interviews almost two months in advance. The interview schedule seems to be finalised once a month, just before the visa bulletin comes out. So in early August for the October interviews.
So anyone who submitted later than early June may have missed out on a slot for October interviews. But as long as they submitted by early July they should be assured of a November interview."

Last edited:
Simon, I agree with your explanation and examples. Well stated.

@Britsimon and @vladek15425, given that 2015AF3xxx has an interview on the first day of the 2015 fiscal year, does that give an indication towards the density of lower CNs?
Not really !
Because as soon as you go current you Case number has no influence on the interview date.
Some extreme low numbers gets an interview late in the month, and some high numbers get right at the beginning !