• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

Hi brit
do u think whats the reason for nepal cut off?!
Is it related to earthquake?!

Yes - I believe so.

Here is something I posted elsewhere

"Except Nepal" - I am getting a lot of questions about that and Asia impact.

There are two reasons to limit a country like this.
1. Because the country has reached an upper limit of 7% of all the visas available. IN this case the limit does not change - it means no more cases above that number. I DO NOT believe this is what has just happened in Nepal.
2. The second reason is to limit the interviews for a country whilst allowing the region to continue. This can be for vari...ous reasons and in this case the country number can be increased in subsequent VBs. THis is what I think KCC did.

Why? OK - well we know about the earthquake. The earthquake caused some lost interviews and will be impacting the people of Nepal and the embassy staff. THey may have asked KCC to slow down the Nepal number to limit the number of interviews in KDU for this month.

By doing so, they have (sensibly) allowed slightly faster progression for the rest of Asia to 6850 - meaning cases in other countries can be interviewed.

So - I expect the Nepal number to increase again next month. Nepal WILL hit the 7% limit - but not yet. Not at 6475!

Hi Simon,

I'm very disappointed I had all my documents apart from my copy of passport :(
I got the letter 221g and it mentioned to have the copy of my passport :(
Consular told me that my application is ok and to check for my case to be announced on the website:(
any ideas how long this might take?
I had a look on the website and already till 30th July seems to be booked for other people with AP :(
I'm Frustrated.

Last edited:
Hi Simon,

I'm very disappointed I had all my documents apart from my copy of passport :(
I got the letter 221g and it mentioned to have the copy of my passport :(
Consular told me that my application is ok and to check for my case to be announced on the website:(
any ideas how long this might take?
I'm Frustrated.

In a case like this, most embassies would clear the AP within a week or so after getting the document.

I have my flight booked tomorrow to back home, is there any chance that I can put my passport copy in their dropbox before my departure ?does that help?
or shall I wait till get notified on their website?

Many thanks for your help.

I have my flight booked tomorrow to back home, is there any chance that I can put my passport copy in their dropbox before my departure ?does that help?
or shall I wait till get notified on their website?

Many thanks for your help.

I don't understand - you surely are not waiting for notification before sending them the copy? You must do that as soon as you can - I presume the website is to tell you when the case is cleared?

Then I need to leave my passport copy in their dropbox tomorrow?

I don't know how your specific consulate works (I don't think mine had a dropbox?), but usually what happens with AP for missing documents is that you get the documents to them as soon as you can. I presume yours also wants the documents asap.
Just be sure that your case number and details are with the documents you leave so that they can be assigned to your case.

I don't know how your specific consulate works (I don't think mine had a dropbox?), but usually what happens with AP for missing documents is that you get the documents to them as soon as you can. I presume yours also wants the documents asap.
Just be sure that your case number and details are with the documents you leave so that they can be assigned to your case.

Thanks for your reply.
Well it mention that when your case no announced on the websiteto bring missing docs and leave ur passport with them in the Dropbox and your visa will be issued within 5 days?
I need to go back home and again come for giving my passport copy.
Not sure what to do now.
Leave my passport copy in the dropbox?
Or wait :(

One quick question. Can they put someone on AP if he/she has all the documents during the interview? Is there any other reason to be on AP?

Thanks for your reply.
Well it mention that when your case no announced on the websiteto bring missing docs and leave ur passport with them in the Dropbox and your visa will be issued within 5 days?
Not sure what to do now.
Ok well if you are sure that's what they said... Like I said all different. Just sounds odd c

Thanks for your reply.
Not sure what to do now.
I think wait, dropping your passport somewhere isn't safe, better hand in person.

One quick question. Can they put someone on AP if he/she has all the documents during the interview? Is there any other reason to be on AP?

Yes - there are reasons such as validating the documents presented if there is some doubt, further background checks and so on.

In a case like this, most embassies would clear the AP within a week or so after getting the document.
I just forgot to mention they told me application looks OK and to check their website on weekly basis and its going to be ready by July and by then bring my passport copy!

I just forgot to mention they told me application looks OK and to check their website on weekly basis and its going to be ready by July and by then bring my passport copy!
unfortunately, you are on AAP, and it will take several months, at least 2! Am on the damn AP for more than 5 months, really don't understand why?! Except being a national of a certain country! this is absolutely unfair.

Last edited:
unfortunately, you are on AAP, and it will take several months, at least 2! Am on the damn AP for more than 5 months, really don't understand why?! Except being a national of a certain country! this is absolutely unfair.

I'm sorry you have been on AP for so long, but you can't just extrapolate your situation to everyone else on AP. Particularly, AP for missing documents can be resolved much faster than for someone with security concerns. I personally was on AP for the latter and it was only a couple of weeks. I hope yours gets resolved soon.

I'm sorry you have been on AP for so long, but you can't just extrapolate your situation to everyone else on AP. Particularly, AP for missing documents can be resolved much faster than for someone with security concerns. I personally was on AP for the latter and it was only a couple of weeks. I hope yours gets resolved soon.
I didn't Susie. I replied to his second post, not the first one, read it again

I know that missing documents doesn't take time and most likely resolved in one week or a little more as Britsimon said.

Last edited: