• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

If we compare the last extract of CEAC data made by Britsimon with the first one--dated 1st of January -- we can see many cases who are still stuck on AP. I'm not sure how many of those cases are Iranians, and at the same time how many are there because of missing documents. I met ppl on other forums who are on AP for more than 6 months--one of them is a DV selectee-- this process should be more clear and transparent with min/max timelines.

If we compare the last extract of CEAC data made by Britsimon with the first one--dated 1st of January -- we can see many cases who are still stuck on AP. I'm not sure how many of those cases are Iranians, and at the same time how many are there because of missing documents. I met ppl on other forums who are on AP for more than 6 months--one of them is a DV selectee-- this process should be more clear and transparent with min/max timelines.
Unfortunately, in the case of DV, some applicants won't be able to have their AP process completed before DV end closing. This then may possibly be due to the specific reason for being stuck in AP, i.e. individual security clearance requirements. Having said this, AP clearance for Iranian applicants in general seems to go more smoothly/swifter this year, compared to recent years, no?

According to our friend in here, Behdadk, most of Iranian cases if not all were cleared, of course am speaking about the early cases from the first 3 months. However, not all ppl on AP are on internet to know for sure. I'm not Iranian and it's not true that only Iran's cases take that long. In fact, they are taking lesser time from others as it seems.

Last edited:

I am loading all my extracts since Jan1 into a database so that for each case I can see the history. I can then use that to figure out when a cases started AP and when it finished (except cases on AP prior to the Jan 1 file). The logic is there and the database is done - it is purely a matter of time I can spend on that task.

Hello guys,
I just want to share my story with you... My boyfriend has been selected last year and had his interview appointed in December. We were in a relationship for one year till that and didn't want to separate, that's why we got married before his interview (which is, as I heard, very common to happen to DV lottery winners cause being selected is not something that you can plan). As you guess, we attended the interview together and everything was going well, we were asked common questions about our relationship.. But we told that we don't live together which is truth and we didn't want to lie. The officer asked if we plan so and we answered that we will probably live together after New Year (but we've also known that this is not probably possible cause we had a plan to go to States a month or two after the interview). He also asked for a wedding and we told that we also plan to make it in spring or in autumn 2015. He was very polite all the time and in the end we were told that everything seems fine, it's just that my husband has to send a new birth certificate to the embassy. We got a white paper named as 221(g) and beside was written Birth.Cert. We sent it the same day.
A week after nothing happened and than one day my husband called me and told that the officer WAS AT his HOME! We were shocked, cause we haven't any idea that something like this can happen cause we were honest all the time and didn't expect that we will be checked. Also, I have never hear that living together is something that is needed... Like what?! Does it mean that their policy is: if a couple live together - they are truly married, if don't - they are not?! DV lottery winners can be students or young people in their 20s so how do they expect us to live together if we don't have our own money yet?! I am really disappointed in all this procedure because I thought that being honest is something they appreciate, but obviously you should lie and say things they want to hear... After couple minutes they also visited me and asked the same questions related about living together and our future plans.
It's been a second week now and nothing happened. In a meanwhile, my husband moved into my apartment where I live with my parents and siblings.

So, If somebody can tell me if something similar happened to you or somebody you know. And what should we do: contact embassy and inform about our case and mention that we live together now or just wait on their mail... We don't want to force them, but also we are very worried and don't know what is the best to do.
Which country is this? And did you provide evidence of marriage? ie pictures and all?

Which country is this? And did you provide evidence of marriage? ie pictures and all?

They are from Serbia. They got visas at the end, everything was fine at the end. They had some photos representing their relationship, I am in the similar situation, also from Serbia, so I have spoken with them earlier and I am waiting for the interview now...

In a case like this, most embassies would clear the AP within a week or so after getting the document.
Hi Simon,
I left my passport copy attached to the copy of g221 in the dropbox.
On the same day I noticed that my case update date was changes.
Do you guess it will be released from AP soon as I was just missing my passport copy?
But in the interview I was told that my visa might be ready by July.
How likely it would be to hit the limit for Asia by then?
Thanks

Hi Simon,
I left my passport copy attached to the copy of g221 in the dropbox.
On the same day I noticed that my case update date was changes.
Do you guess it will be released from AP soon as I was just missing my passport copy?
But in the interview I was told that my visa might be ready by July.
How likely it would be to hit the limit for Asia by then?
Thanks

No limit will be hit in July.

AP "normally" closes quickly upon production of a missing document so I would be surprised if you don't get cleared by June let alone July.

No limit will be hit in July.

AP "normally" closes quickly upon production of a missing document so I would be surprised if you don't get cleared by June let alone July.
Thanks for your reply.
Well I have left my missing document in their dropbox.
I worked in Bank for 30 years not sure if that takes longer for AP to get cleared as I remember you mentioned people who were working in government related job will probably get AP .
I just checked my status and can see they updated it today again.
Hoping it gets cleared soon

Last edited:
I have been interviewed in Cairo successfully today, It was an easy process, I really thanks this great site with useful information, I have just a question when do the case change from ready to AP until issued as it still ready? and how much days it will take to issue the visa approximately.

I have been interviewed in Cairo successfully today, It was an easy process, I really thanks this great site with useful information, I have just a question when do the case change from ready to AP until issued as it still ready? and how much days it will take to issue the visa approximately.

You might see AP briefly as a status, but hopefully you will see issued within a working day or two. Normally people get the printed visa within a week or so.

You might see AP briefly as a status, but hopefully you will see issued within a working day or two. Normally people get the printed visa within a week or so.
Mine is still on AP status since 14th May. Have left the copy of passport in their dropbox still haven't heard nothing.

Sorry I don't want to seem worried but I want to understand, My case was shown ready until interview on 31-5
and today I see it ready but the status updated date was changed to 1-6 why they update it like that if the interview was finished?

Last edited:
hello guys...good news for me, the embassy just called me..they said their almost done with my administrative processing but i should go and get a new medical exams done since the old one expired in march to complete my case

hello guys...good news for me, the embassy just called me..they said their almost done with my administrative processing but i should go and get a new medical exams done since the old one expired in march to complete my case

That's such a long waiting time!

Congratulations! hoping mine to be cleared soon. It's been 6 months on the damn AP!

Hey how can i get the contacts of Ap of US Embassy Nairobi Kenya? I really need to contact them?

Not sure what you plan to do with it as it doesn't apply in your case. Anyway, it's the same email address for contacting the embassy.

"We are waiting for visa numbers to issue your visas"
I got that response from the Embassy, Does it mean they are getting out in Visa numbers?