• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

When the first notification comes out, it doesn't say you have won, it simply says "selected to progress", which means nothing if you have a high number, since you can't progress until its your turn.

Yeah and if I recall the wording correctly, it specifically says that selection is no guarantee of a visa because more selectees are drawn than visas are available.

I know. He just doesn't get it. To get the concept, one needs a very basic understanding of statistical mathematics. You know and I know that even if they did what he suggested, he still wouldn't get the visa, since there are only 50K available and the density of the selectees means that his number would never come up. Speed has nothing to do with it, there are simply too many qualified entries ahead of him. All KCC could potentially do would be to open up all numbers up to range that would produce a maximum of visas for Asia (including derivatives) , which may be up to 9,000 and wait until they exhausted that range (since they don't know how many would fail) and then and only then if there is anything left let the next range of numbers in. But then you just causing havoc at the embassies with a lot of interviews. Still someone with high range would not get the visa whilst there are lower numbers who are in the queue. So he was never going to get the visa, regardless of the speed.
I do feel sorry for him, but there are millions who don't win and he just happens to be one of them. When the first notification comes out, it doesn't say you have won, it simply says "selected to progress", which means nothing if you have a high number, since you can't progress until its your turn.

Yup!

Should have gone back to choosing 100k selectees so no one would end up like me, all regions current like they're supposed to for the past decade

Should have gone back to choosing 100k selectees so no one would end up like me, all regions current like they're supposed to for the past decade

Will you stop whining already... Nowhere is it written that all regions are "supposed" to go current, except in your own head. All that is "supposed" to happen is that KCC is supposed to issue 50k visas to people from under-represented regions. Which is exactly what they are doing.

@siliconeslinger,

Please be warned, this forum does not encourage discussions revolving fraudulently immigrating to the U.S. I've deleted your post and subsequent postings that talk about illegally immigrating to the U.S. will result in a ban.

Will you stop whining already... Nowhere is it written that all regions are "supposed" to go current, except in your own head. All that is "supposed" to happen is that KCC is supposed to issue 50k visas to people from under-represented regions. Which is exactly what they are doing.

You've never been in my shoes so you don't know how it feels, if you were to be moved back to your home country and got selected with a high cn but one country stands in your way you'd know it and you wouldn't have said everything you have said, just be grateful you didn't so now you can say something terrible like this to an unfortunate person with a high cn like me, you sir are cruel.

You've never been in my shoes so you don't know how it feels, if you were to be moved back to your home country and got selected with a high cn but one country stands in your way you'd know it, just be grateful you didn't so now you can say something terrible like this to an unfortunate person like me, you sir are cruel.

Okay, so which one of you is actually posting of late? The son who has actually aged out of the process or the father who supposedly is the main selectee?

Okay, so which one of you is actually posting of late? The son who has actually aged out of the process or the father who supposedly is the main selectee?

I am the father, my son already literary cried all day last month when i told him he won't join me and now it's me who's about to follow his footsteps ,First my son then now it's me. I haven't told him that me too won't be able to fly, I don't have the guts to break it down to him he's probably gonna think I'm the worst dad ever for lying and giving him a false hope. Winning this lottery thing turns out to bring more sadness and emotional burden than what's supposed to be happiness joy opportunity and new life. All because of one small country getting in your way.

Of course you can only say I'm whining, walk a mile in my shoes, see what i see, hear what i hear, feel what i feel, then maybe you'll understand why i said what you're calling a "whining"

Still have a glimmer of hope, dv16 result, if i get selected with a cn below 10k I'll donate to a charity and upload the proof here. Above 10k I'm not gonna even bother filling out the ds form

Last edited:
I am the father, my son already literary cried all day last month for not being able to fly with me and now it's me who's about to cry, ironic eh? First my son then now it's me. I haven't told him that me too won't be able to fly, I don't have the guts to break it down to him he's probably gonna think I'm the worst dad ever for lying and giving him a false hope. Winning this lottery thing turns out to bring more sadness and emotional burden than what's supposed to be happiness joy opportunity and new life. All because of one small country getting in your way.

GOTCHA! That was a trap question I posted above, and you literarily fell head long into it!! Isn't your 'son' supposed to be 15? Wasn't it your "daughter" who was supposed to be aging out of the process? Below are 2 posts you made talking about your family situation a couple of months ago:

On October 1st, 2013. I registered on the E-DV website for me, my wife, my son (15) and my daughter (20). Then on May 1st, 2014 i was informed that i had been selected for further processing for the fiscal year 2015, by that time she was already 21 years old, which would've mean that she had lost her beneficiary status, but then i read something called CSPA, i did the math and it should give my daughter some time until March 2015 before getting aged out.

But....Because my CN is AS13,6XX. it is not possible to get an interview in March or early, most probably August or September, which means she'll already have aged out by then

Now, I can sponsor her under the F2b Visa, But then the waiting time is 6-7 Years, I don't want to be separated from my daughter that long, SHe is not fully independent yet, She'll have no place to live (my sister's house is her best bet)

what should i do in this situation ?

During the waiting time, Can she come to the US and still be legal? ? i suppose once i get my green card, the co will flat-out reject her tourist visa under the suspicion that she has an immigrant intent and will overstay her visa to join me ?

what choices do i have ?

I am thinking to make her a tourist visa BEFORE my INTERVIEW DATE so that she won't get rejected, But will this affect the CO's decision on my DV application?

Thanks in advance

That was my son using my account, we both share the same account, there's no rule saying we can't is there?

I never believed you back then and I still don't believe you're whom you're claiming to be. That's why I twisted the question a bit and asked about the son aging out, when you had actually written about a daughter. You're so caught up in your web of lies, you can't get your stories right anymore! Also, your son supposedly could log in using your account, but I guess you've banned him, that's why he hasn't found out you might not be current too, right?

I use the term "son" loosely, fyi I 'm not a native English speaker and my english isn't that good either, in my native language children aren't separated into two words for males and females. All that aside though it's up to you to trust me or not, I'm just typing what i feel. That's all, whether you trust it is entirely your choice. I'm not asking for your approval besides Why would i lie in an immigration website anyways? What monetary benefits would that bring to me? Go figure..

About my account, i changed my password as i don't wanna cause further disappointment for him.

Last edited:
GOTCHA! That was a trap question I posted above, and you literarily fell head long into it!! Isn't your 'son' supposed to be 15? Wasn't it your "daughter" who was supposed to be aging out of the process? Below are 2 posts you made talking about your family situation a couple of months ago:

No matter who he is, his grasp on reality , common sense and logic is very poor.

I use the term "son" loosely, fyiI 'm not a native English speaker and my english isn't that good either. Regardless it's up to you to trust me or not, I'm just typing what i feel. That's all, whether you trust it is entirely your choice. Why would i lie in an immigration website anyways? What benefits would that bring to me? Go figure..

Yeah, not being a native English speaker equates to not knowing the difference between 'son' and 'daughter', even though you know precisely the right pronoun to use for each gender, ehy? A none native speaker who knows how to use a term 'loosely':rolleyes:. Give it up dude, your gig is up, stop wasting people's time here!

No matter who he is, his grasp on reality , common sense and logic is very poor.

It is both a fact and common sense that KCC separates two special countries in the African region, Egypt and Ethiopia. In my humble opinion... KCC has no reason to not do the same to Nepal because nepal too is a special country that requires special treatment as the two aforementioned African countries, why don't you get it?

Some people have sent me a pm to stop debating with you two as "they have their own understandings of the matter, i agree with you, kcc should do the same to nepal, political reason notwithstanding"

About the logic thing, yes yes yes i get it i do get it, Nepalese selectees have much lower chance of winning due to the number of entries and being limited to 5000, yes yes yes they're concentrated on the first 8000 cases, the same can be said for Egypt and Ethiopia except their concentration is different but still limited regardless, but wait, Egypt and Ethiopia are separated while nepal isn't, say what??

But apparently I'm always wrong because I'm not an expert, you guys are always right because you are the "experts", so no matter what i say I'm always and will always be wrong regardless. Such experts even went to scrutinize my personal details just to prove that I'm wrong

Last edited:
You've never been in my shoes so you don't know how it feels, if you were to be moved back to your home country and got selected with a high cn but one country stands in your way you'd know it and you wouldn't have said everything you have said, just be grateful you didn't so now you can say something terrible like this to an unfortunate person with a high cn like me, you sir are cruel.

You read the instructions before filling in the form, right? Go back to look at FAQ no 26, page 12.

I use the term "son" loosely, fyi I 'm not a native English speaker and my english isn't that good either, in my native language children aren't separated into two words for males and females. All that aside though it's up to you to trust me or not, I'm just typing what i feel. That's all, whether you trust it is entirely your choice. I'm not asking for your approval besides Why would i lie in an immigration website anyways? What monetary benefits would that bring to me? Go figure..

About my account, i changed my password as i don't wanna cause further disappointment for him.

Like he can't read the forum just because you changed the password.

Troll.

Not the forum, but replying to a thread, anyways I'm gonna end the debate here, there's no point in debating with a stubborn person like you who always feels right no matter how wrong you are you can never see it. You just can't, because you're the expert and I'm not.

Siliconslinger,

Why don't you just write to KCC and put them right, rather than trying to convince anybody else of the correctness of your statements? I'm sure they will listen to someone of your in depth understanding and huge following. No point trying to convince anyone here since no one has the power or authority to change anything.

I'm just sick and tired of the "i am the expert, so I'm always right" mentality, no matter how right you are, they can never see that they're wrong. And them scrutinizing my personal details (which is completely off topic has nothing to do with this debate) just disgusts me.

I'm just sick and tired of the "i am the expert, so I'm always right" mentality, no matter how right you are, they can never see that they're wrong. And them scrutinizing my personal details (which is completely off topic) just disgusts me.

Please quote a single post from anyone here that claims to be always right.
And no, your details are NOT off topic, because they are what you are using as justification for filling the forum with your posts. Anyway, you've been clearly unmasked as a troll now, and we all know the best way to deal with trolls is not to feed them. Bye!

Please quote a single post from anyone here that claims to be always right.
And no, your details are NOT off topic, because they are what you are using as justification for filling the forum with your posts. Anyway, you've been clearly unmasked as a troll now, and we all know the best way to deal with trolls is not to feed them. Bye!

What is that even supposed to mean? So you're implying that I've been lying all along and I'm actually not even a dv15 selectee?hell do i need to send you a screenshoot of my ds 260 page? What in the actual f*ck..and besides if i wanted to troll an immigration website would be the last place I'd choose..

Definition of troll from google
Make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of eliciting angry response from people

Have i said anything that's offensive or provocative? Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me a troll.