• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

Well, if it did have a proportionately high number of applicants then siliconslinger would have been above the imposed cutoff for country limit and therefore not selected...
Well yes, but then again you can always ask kcc politely to take it out on some other country instead.

And the three above it are two ineligible countries plus the US itself ( and the next four are all ineligible as well). Indeed, surprising therefore that it doesnt have the largest number of DV applicants...

Well, if it did have a proportionately high number of applicants then siliconslinger would have been above the imposed cutoff for country limit and therefore not selected...

Frankly i would rather not get selected than selected with a big cn like this

Frankly i would rather not get selected than selected with a big cn like this
Unfortunately, once you apply for the DV lottery, you don't have much choice in the matter. Your only option is to deal with a negative outcome when it becomes apparent and move on with your life.

Last edited:
Update:Most of Ankara interviewees prior of October, November and December received a letter that their administration process are complete and to bring their passport as soon as possible to get a visa.
So my last prediction is accurate and Iranian AP process duration is now 3 months.
If you compare the result with lottery 2013 it is pretty much the same for Iranians. First batch of APs closed in late January for October interviewees(AP duration about 4 month) and the second batch finished at late march for the November and December interviewees(3 month duration). If every thing goes as how it was in 2013 by the end of 2015 fiscal year process takes less than a month, and we are all agree that all Iranians will be current at the worst case scenario through August (since the last Iran case number is 8600) and all of them have enough time to process their form.
My estimation is that there are at least 3200 Iranian applicants who send their form by the end of November (If distribution of Iranian applicant before 4300 is same as after that) and we could cross off the one's who sent their forms late with the ones who will get rejected or stuck in AP and by the end if everything goes as plans we have around 3000-3200 visas for Iranians.
So I guess the final AS cutoff is way lower than 13500.

BTW: I received my notice to bring my passport a month ago. Guess that I'm an LPR now. Kudos to everyone.

That certainly would limit the CN progress in Asia. I will be able to start getting some exact AP duration numbers for cases that interviewed in January onwards - so I should be able to start confirming your theory soon.

It is interesting that Indonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world, but there 40 times less applicants than in Nepal. Sounds like a business opportunity.

Exactly right. There are agencies operating in Nepal and providing a fair service for a fair price - no ripping people off. Those companies are the reason that Nepal has so many entries...

I've asked this question a million times before but nobody has a clear answer to it other than the "deal with it" type

Why not separate Nepal cutoff from roa cutoff . of all the big 3 regions only Asia has this problem, special countries in AF and EU are all separated. With so many Nepalese entries but only one embassy it seems silly to hold back the roa progress just for waiting for one embassy. Separating Nepal cutoff would solve this

I think the reason is that it wouldn't be fair. It is supposed to be by chance and earlier numbers get the first dip at the pool of visas. If Nepal was treated differently, there is a chance that the visas would run out for Asia, before some of the eligible Nepal selectees got an interview. KCC has to follow the law, and there is no provision for making this kind of exceptions.

I think the reason is that it wouldn't be fair. It is supposed to be by chance and earlier numbers get the first dip at the pool of visas. If Nepal was treated differently, there is a chance that the visas would run out for Asia, before some of the eligible Nepal selectees got an interview. KCC has to follow the law, and there is no provision for making this kind of exceptions.

Well the same can be said to those of us from the rest of Asian countries, we're held back by kcc for them to interview selectess from one country one embassy whole Asian region risk not getting interviewed due to the vb process being held back to give time for kcc to process Nepalese cases

Besides they do the same to Egypt and Ethiopia, why is it fair for them to do it to Egypt and Ethiopia but not to Nepal? Both are limited counties anyways, so what makes Nepal different than Egypt and Ethiopia? I suppose if kcc treated Egypt and Ethiopia, AF cutoff would still be around 10k now

And about fairness, Nepal steals most of roa visas,so I don't see the point

Last edited:
You just don't seem to understand any of the principals involved here, and keep going on about it being unfair, while demanding unfair treatment of others. Countries hare limited due to number of issued visas as a percentage of population, not because they are slow to process. Forget that there are countries involved here, it is Asia as a whole, so early numbers get the early visas. The only restriction being that only so many visas can go to any one country based on their population. Otherwise there is no difference between a selectee from Nepal and one from anywhere else in Asia. You just lucked out and got a number that is too high and may not become current. Now you can either shake your fist at the gods and heaven and go on about how unfair the world is, or you can give up now, put all this behind you and get on with your life and if by some miracle you get your second letter, then that is a bonus.

See, nobody can clearly explain why Nepal is different than Egypt or Ethiopia, only give some "deal with it" kind of answer. Kcc has no reason to not separate Nepal like they do Ethiopia and Egypt

You just don't seem to understand any of the principals involved here, and keep going on about it being unfair, while demanding unfair treatment of others. Countries hare limited due to number of issued visas as a percentage of population, not because they are slow to process. Forget that there are countries involved here, it is Asia as a whole, so early numbers get the early visas. The only restriction being that only so many visas can go to any one country based on their population. Otherwise there is no difference between a selectee from Nepal and one from anywhere else in Asia. You just lucked out and got a number that is too high and may not become current. Now you can either shake your fist at the gods and heaven and go on about how unfair the world is, or you can give up now, put all this behind you and get on with your life and if by some miracle you get your second letter, then that is a bonus.

And you're hereby dubbed one of the "experts" who knows nothing except to say "deal with it"

And I don't demand for the unfair treatment of others, If Nepal was separated, what hurt would that do to Nepalese selectees? Roa progresses faster while Nepalese still get processed. Everyone benefits.

Well the same can be said to those of us from the rest of Asian countries, we're held back by kcc for them to interview selectess from one country one embassy whole Asian region risk not getting interviewed due to the vb process being held back to give time for kcc to process Nepalese cases

Besides they do the same to Egypt and Ethiopia, why is it fair for them to do it to Egypt and Ethiopia but not to Nepal? Both are limited counties anyways, so what makes Nepal different than Egypt and Ethiopia? I suppose if kcc treated Egypt and Ethiopia, AF cutoff would still be around 10k now

And about fairness, Nepal steals most of roa visas,so I don't see the point

Nepal doesn't "steal" visas. Martin's post was spot on.
What irritates me most about all this is that if you had a low number, you wouldn't be on here whining away. You wouldn't care. You don't care about principles, or how the system should work, etc only about where your own number fits in. That is the only "fairness" you care about...

And you're hereby dubbed one of the "experts" who knows nothing except to say "deal with it"
I know. He just doesn't get it. To get the concept, one needs a very basic understanding of statistical mathematics. You know and I know that even if they did what he suggested, he still wouldn't get the visa, since there are only 50K available and the density of the selectees means that his number would never come up. Speed has nothing to do with it, there are simply too many qualified entries ahead of him. All KCC could potentially do would be to open up all numbers up to range that would produce a maximum of visas for Asia (including derivatives) , which may be up to 9,000 and wait until they exhausted that range (since they don't know how many would fail) and then and only then if there is anything left let the next range of numbers in. But then you just causing havoc at the embassies with a lot of interviews. Still someone with high range would not get the visa whilst there are lower numbers who are in the queue. So he was never going to get the visa, regardless of the speed.
I do feel sorry for him, but there are millions who don't win and he just happens to be one of them. When the first notification comes out, it doesn't say you have won, it simply says "selected to progress", which means nothing if you have a high number, since you can't progress until its your turn.

hi everybody.........is it normal to be told that your visa is approved..........and yet u still on AP for 12 days????? i'm starting to freak out about it!!!!