• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello All,

I'm getting super stressed out at this point. My CN number is AS75** and I'm from Nepal. I'm wondering if it is logical to switch to CP at this point (given the cut-off situation of Nepal). I've talked to @Britsimon and he seems to think it might not be a good idea. Wanted to see what the general consensus on this is(not to discount Simon's opinion, but just trying to talk to a few more people).

How long does it take to switch to CP? The CP process itself seems pretty straightforward and I've always had an straightforward and positive experience at Kathmandu's US embassy. So that's the positive. The negative is that if somehow, something goes wrong, I'm worried that I can't come back to the US since I'm on F1 visa.

As for AoS - I've checked the AoS timeline of this year and previous years. Some FOs seem really efficient and there seems to be as little as 8 days between biometrics and the interview letter. However, in the worst case its taken months, which makes me nervous. However I do believe that filing my AoS documents on time, not making mistakes and being proactive about the whole process (infopass, etc) should give me some chance even if I'm current in September. Like its been mentioned several times here, I also noticed people who were current on Septemeber make it through successfully.

Nerve-wrecking but still hopeful.

best regards!
As you are looking for additional opinions: in view of the end May/beginning June time frame of any switch and the subsequent US Consulate backlog in Nepal you would presumably be facing with CP, I personally would stay the course and see AOS through, as originally planned. Of course there is a risk either way - what is Britsimon's latest forecast for Nepal CN's?

Hello Mom, I wanted to some question.. I apologize if I am being paranoid.. I have sent the AoS package and received the NOA from the NBC. I went through the timeline in the spreadsheet and I guess my interview will be somewhere in the mid of July or later..Now I am scared that Nepal might hit the limit by then because so far around 2300 visas have been issued. Can they deny my visa in this situation?
Also what all documents will be needed for the biometrics?
Thank you

As you are looking for additional opinions: in view of the end May/beginning June time frame of any switch and the subsequent US Consulate backlog in Nepal you would presumably be facing with CP, I personally would stay the course and see AOS through, as originally planned. Of course there is a risk either way - what is Britsimon's latest forecast for Nepal CN's?

Thanks @EURO2014. Britsimon's foecast is that the CN's for Nepal will go up but will hit the limit from 7300-7800, possibly around 7500. My CN is just over 7500. You can see how this is a cause for concern for me :(

Hello Mom, I wanted to some question.. I apologize if I am being paranoid.. I have sent the AoS package and received the NOA from the NBC. I went through the timeline in the spreadsheet and I guess my interview will be somewhere in the mid of July or later..Now I am scared that Nepal might hit the limit by then because so far around 2300 visas have been issued. Can they deny my visa in this situation?
Thank you

What is your CN number?

Thank you

I doubt Nepal will reach visa limit by the time of your interview. Having said that, there's really nothing else you can do at this point anyways except keeping your fingers crossed.

For the bio, one would need the bio notice itself and a government issued ID.

That's quite funny, because as someone who used to have to get visas for both the US and the EU, I can tell you without doubt that for a foreigner the EU bureaucracy is way, way worse than anything the US can throw at you...

I hear that, and I assure you I take no joy in that knowledge. If I could do collective penance for European bureaucracy, I would :-(

Hi mom, so I got my interview notice (before the bio appointment, somehow, is that common?) for June 25th. The problem I'm facing right now (cause of course there is a problem!) is that my passport expires June 10th. I have already gone through the procedures to renew it back in the middle of February, but because Romania sends all the passports back to get created, I haven't gotten it back yet. I am hoping they'll have them by the end of this month or at least in time for June 25th, but if they don't, should I panic? Is the fact that my passport is expired something to worry about at my interview, or would my birth certificate / US driver's license / Country ID be enough?

Thank you so much for your help so far!

Hi Mom @Sm1smom !

We went for biometric on April 9th and have not heard anything yet. I kalled KCC on May 4th and they said that FO has requested the case "a few days ago". I called them again today and they said it has not been sent yet. Is that normal? Or is it taking them longer than it should to send the file out to FO?

Thanks for the time you take to help us :)

Hi Mom @Sm1smom !

We went for biometric on April 9th and have not heard anything yet. I kalled KCC on May 4th and they said that FO has requested the case "a few days ago". I called them again today and they said it has not been sent yet. Is that normal? Or is it taking them longer than it should to send the file out to FO?

When did you become current?

Hello Mon and Britdimon
What is best mail we use for our big file and what is the right address ? Thanks for your help.

I have more than sponsor I-134 form , if they asked for more evidence., May I offer both which from 2 diffrent friends?
Many thanks

Hi mom, so I got my interview notice (before the bio appointment, somehow, is that common?) for June 25th. The problem I'm facing right now (cause of course there is a problem!) is that my passport expires June 10th. I have already gone through the procedures to renew it back in the middle of February, but because Romania sends all the passports back to get created, I haven't gotten it back yet. I am hoping they'll have them by the end of this month or at least in time for June 25th, but if they don't, should I panic? Is the fact that my passport is expired something to worry about at my interview, or would my birth certificate / US driver's license / Country ID be enough?

Thank you so much for your help so far!

It's not quite unusual to receive the IL before the bio letter, although it should be the other way round. When the I-485 package is received at the Chicago lockbox, it is checked for completeness and current status, following which it gets forwarded to NBC. NBC checks to see if the package contains applications for EAD/AP, those will be removed from the package while the rest of the file gets sent to the applicable FO. NBC issues the bio not it while the FO issues interview letter. What your situation tells me is that you're fortunate to have a FO that seems to be on top of things or isn't too busy, they sent IL as soon as your file was received hence its arrival before the bio notice.

Regarding your passport, if you had mentioned the expiration issue back in February before sending it off for renewal, I would have suggested to hold off until after your IL. While it's a good idea to always attend the interview with a valid passport, I'm not aware of an IO making an issue of a currently expired passport. Yes, the IOs typically ask to see one's passport for ID confirmation, not much thought is given to the date, especially since they don't often practice stamping the passport on the spot for approved cases again.

No need to start panicking at this stage, it's not going to solve the problem anyway. No doubt you will be admitted into the FO with just your US drivers license. However, when you meet with the IO, he may ask to see your passport. Just calmly explain what's going on with it, show your drivers license and country ID at this stage. Present copies of the passport (which I assume you have, and which he may not be interested in). The worst that can happen will be for him to ask you to come back with your passport when you receive it before he can approve your case. Fingers crossed though, you will receive it before your interview.

Hi Mom @Sm1smom !

Your main concern at this stage really shouldn't be about whether your case file has been sent by KCC or not. Schedule an INFOPASS to nudge your FO into issuing your IL.

Hello Mon and Britdimon
What is best mail we use for our big file and what is the right address ? Thanks for your help.

I have more than sponsor I-134 form , if they asked for more evidence., May I offer both which from 2 diffrent friends?
Many thanks

The I-485 should be sent to the Chicago Mailbox, the exact address you send it to depend on the mailing service you opt to use. You can send it by courier service or through USPS - is using USPS, make sure it's sent with a tracking number:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

You only need an I-134 from one sponsor, provided that single sponsor's income is above the poverty guideline. Trying to present 2 isn't going to do anything one can't do for you.

hello my case number is eu332×××
I am going process AOS , when do I need to send my file to Kentucky and also can u guess until September will they call me for an interview, thats give me a lot stress, when I read the forms somebody says it may take 3 or 4 month??all my documents is ready I didn't pay any fee also what I need to do exactly
Thank u very much

hello my case number is eu332×××
I am going process AOS , when do I need to send my file to Kentucky and also can u guess until September will they call me for an interview, thats give me a lot stress, when I read the forms somebody says it may take 3 or 4 month??all my documents is ready I didn't pay any fee also what I need to do exactly
Thank u very much

Go through the following link for an understanding of the AOS process:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5