• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I know of cases that got erroneously denied without an interview due to early filing. Had to do with cases current in October who took advantage of the early filing memo and filed by Aug/Sept. Because the new FY starts in Oct and those cases were filed prior to the beginning of the new FY, they got denied for filing in the wrong FY. This is why I encourage those current in Oct to not file prior to Oct 1st. Of course there are reports of others who filed prior to Oct 1st who still got approved, but that's a chance I personally wouldn't take.
I see it now, thank you.
a) Can it also be the case for those who apply after October 1? Like DV case number became current in June, applicant applied on April and they could denied it?
b) Is that NBC or FO makes the decision like that?

I don't have enough money in my account, the person who will make financial support form would like to know the name of the form, is it I-134 ?

As afamily one form inclodes all the family member or one form for each person in the family?

Can he send it by email after fill and sign it or it should original and signed form? he lives in another state.

Thanks a lot

1. If inquiry/question for INFOPASS has to do both with Principal applicant and derivative, do we need to make two separate INFOPASS one for Principal applicant and one for derivative?
2. And can both be scheduled on the same date and time?

Thank you.

Hello Mom,
Is it ok if I send my questions about DV lottery case to your inbox? if yes, how can I do that?

I typically don't encourage people to send questions via PM unless it involves divulging of personal detail/information in which case I don't mind discussing those via PM. So if your questions are of a personal nature, by all means send me a PM.

To start a PM, take a look at the top bar of your forum page, there should be a link to 'Inbox' beside your username. Click on it and you should see another link that says 'start conversation' click on it and follow the rest of the prompt. If you don't see the 'Inbox' option at the top of the page, click on your 'Username' at the top, then look to the right of the drop down menu that pops up, you should see something like 'conversations' or 'start conversation', click on it and follow the prompts that follows.

If you're still not able to start a PM with me, let me know and I can initiate it from my end.

1. If inquiry/question for INFOPASS has to do both with Principal applicant and derivative, do we need to make two separate INFOPASS one for Principal applicant and one for derivative?
2. And can both be scheduled on the same date and time?

Thank you.

You only need to make one, when you fill out the form you'll have the option of stating how many people will be attending the appointment with you. When you get there you ask all the questions you need to related to both the PA and the derivative(s).

I typically don't encourage people to send questions via PM unless it involves divulging of personal detail/information in which case I don't mind discussing those via PM. So if your questions are of a personal nature, by all means send me a PM.

To start a PM, take a look at the top bar of your forum page, there should be a link to 'Inbox' beside your username. Click on it and you should see another link that says 'start conversation' click on it and follow the rest of the prompt. If you don't see the 'Inbox' option at the top of the page, click on your 'Username' at the top, then look to the right of the drop down menu that pops up, you should see something like 'conversations' or 'start conversation', click on it and follow the prompts that follows.

If you're still not able to start a PM with me, let me know and I can initiate it from my end.
Sincerely,
Thank you.

Hi Mom and Britsimon I don't have enough money in my account, the person who will make financial support form would like to know the name of the form, is it I-134 ?

As afamily one form inclodes all the family member or one form for each person in the family?

Can he send it by email after fill and sign it or it should original and signed form? he lives in another state.

Thanks a lot

Hi Mom and Britsimon I don't have enough money in my account, the person who will make financial support form would like to know the name of the form, is it I-134 ?

Thanks a lot

Yes, it is I-134. Only one form is required for the family. It's better to have the signed original. If getting the signed original will delay the submission of your package, he can initially scan and email it to you so that you get to print and include it with your package. He will however still need to mail the original so you have it on hand when you go for your interview.

Many thanks , we appreciate your help. Is it should be written for the main applicant and the family or me as a husband in clouding the family members is ok?

I don't have a social security no, and not allow to work so I think I will not need form I-765 & I- 131 is it correct?
Thanks again

Many thanks , we appreciate your help. Is it should be written for the main applicant and the family or me as a husband in clouding the family members is ok?

I don't have a social security no, and not allow to work so I think I will not need form I-765 & I- 131 is it correct?
Thanks again

It has to be issued to the main applicant, which in this case is your wife. Your and your children will be listed on the form as her dependents.

Having or not having a social security has nothing to do with applying for an EAD/AP card. The purpose of the EAD is to enable an applicant apply for a SSN and legally take up an offer of employment should in case the AOS petition is delayed. The AP card is supposed to enable an applicant who needs to travel out of the U.S. while the AOS petition is pending to safely return to the U.S. without the petition being considered as abandoned by USCIS. So if you think there's a possibility of traveling out of the U.S. while your AOS petition is pending, apply for the AP card, if there's no possibility of that happening, don't bother.

Many thanks, I prefer to wait until get the approval of the GC then I think it will be easy to have the SSN and get job. Is it can be done after the GC issued to keep my student visa valid.

Many thanks, I prefer to wait until get the approval of the GC then I think it will be easy to have the SSN and get job. Is it can be done after the GC issued to keep my student visa valid.

I don't quite understand what your question is here

I am sorry I confess my English is not good enough.

What do you think to wait until I get the green card first to keep my m-2 student visa statues?

Of course you have to continue maintaining your M-2 student visa until after your AOS petition is approved. If you drop out of school now, it will be a create a problem when you go for your interview.

Of course you have to continue maintaining your M-2 student visa until after your AOS petition is approved. If you drop out of school now, it will be a create a problem when you go for your interview.

Ok to make it clear my wife who is changed to M-2 is not go school after exchange the statues and she is who dv selectee but I'm the husband who m-1 who allow to go to school and I finished the semester and now I'm in summer holidays

Last edited:
Ok to make it clear my wife who is changed to M-2 is not go school after exchange the statues and she is who dv selectee but I'm the husband who m-1 who allow to go to school and I finished the semester and now I'm in summer holidays

For as long as you're maintaining your M1 status, your wife is considered as maintaining her M2 status. It's okay to be on summer break for now, however when the time comes to register for the fall session and if you haven't attended your interview by then, you need to make sure you register. You will also need to take the registration evidence along to your interview.

For as long as you're maintaining your M1 status, your wife is considered as maintaining her M2 status. It's okay to be on summer break for now, however when the time comes to register for the fall session and if you haven't attended your interview by then, you need to make sure you register. You will also need to take the registration evidence along to your interview.

Thanks so much, I will send my file tomorrow or after while receive the AOS receipt , Is it need to submit Policy Memorandum as my number current for July interview or it it known to Chicago office we can apply 2 month early ?
Thanks

Thanks so much, I will send my file tomorrow or after while receive the AOS receipt , Is it need to submit Policy Memorandum as my number current for July interview or it it known to Chicago office we can apply 2 month early ?
Thanks

It's okay to include the memo, however it's not a guarantee USCIS wouldn't act otherwise. It's okay to file 2 months early just like the memo states, but also bear in mind the possibility of the package been rejected or denied due to early filing. A few FOs are still denying cases, unfortunately due to early filing, regardless of what the memo says. If this happens, don't panic, you'll just have to re-file the case.

Hello ,
I would like to apply for AOS. what does pay Stubs and W2 mean. I am in F1 visa for five year and never work. Do I have to submit pay stubs and W2. If so where can I get these. Thanks