• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

are u guys forgetten me? Pls dnt forget me ,just remember in ur prayers my fouroum mates pls ,we are nt one mother brothers ,but through this fouroum we are all brothers nw ,i hope to see u guys all succeded their interviewed and received thir visa already in the usa ,by God grace!! Pls brothers help me to pray to come out 4rm dis nightmared...i love u guys all here for encouraging me more to have faith in God almighty , i beleive it will soon come to past by God grace!! God is in control...
Almighty God ,the CREATOR of HEAVEN and EARTH remember your Servant TYT,He needs your Intervention where there is no LIGHT,I speak this words as a prayer to you Almighty God,May TYT come to know that you LIVE and that nothing is impossible in JESUS name.TYT say with me a BIB,BIG AMEN and receive your VISA.

lol............ well thanks for the invite, although the OKC party is meant for you DV2015 set. But the truth is I don't even think it's something you guys will be able to do anytime soon. As new immigrants, most of you have no idea what you'll be getting into upon arrival. I mean, where are the original initiators who came up with the party idea? :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly!!!o_O
Could those who have settled in US enlighten us on how life is there. Guys stop communicating immediately they hit US ground:confused:

Could those who have settled in US enlighten us on how life is there. Guys stop communicating immediately they hit US ground:confused:
I guess the culture shock and the adjusting takes one off communication. This Monday heard about a lady in her fifties/sixties who had won green card even relocated..... Stayed there for about two years then decided to come back to Kenya.... On Sunday she committed suicide nobody knows why the only thing she kept repeating was how she sold her stuff to move... Guess depression checked in.....

I guess the culture shock and the adjusting takes one off family lay munication. This Monday heard about a lady in her fifties/sixties who had won green card even relocated..... Stayed there for about two years then decided to come back to Kenya.... On Sunday she committed suicide nobody knows why the only thing she kept repeating was how she sold her stuff to move... Guess depression checked in.....
Very sad indeed but forum mates the only way is for each and everyone of us especially from the christian family we must understand that depending on God and having a good relationship will be the only thing that saves us and we have hope through him who laid his life on the cross for us, the holy book says in psalms that young lions may go hungry but those who believe in God will always have
Pliz let's all depend on God because good things are for those who do exactly that
Read Psalms 91

If you read back through previous years forums there are a few Kenyans who have posted quite detailed posts. It does seem there is a lot of culture shock, with different attitudes to various things, apart from the expected differences in climate, food etc.

Is it cu
Why do they go mute ,they also won't share their contacts ............why..why...?

Some have excelled.Those who resign their well paying job to join the informal sector also undergo a SHOCK of some kind,before they get the bearing ,some would even commit suicide.I think its not a big deal.

@ sammie101,if its the visa fees you are sking about,its 330 USD per person regardless of each,which is roughly KSH. 29,700.I paid this figurex3,in dollars.

This od for experts...britsomon,susie and those from dV winners who have already migrated and somehow settled.WHERE DOES A NEW IMMIGRANT START?WHAT JOBS CAN ONE EASILY SECURE,REGARDLESS OF NATURE OF THAT JOB?WHAT KIND OF TAXES SHOULD ONE EMBRACE ONESELF FOR?HOW MUCH CAN ONE EARN PER MONTH,OR AFTER EVERY FORTNIGHT?

This od for experts...britsomon,susie and those from dV winners who have already migrated and somehow settled.WHERE DOES A NEW IMMIGRANT START?WHAT JOBS CAN ONE EASILY SECURE,REGARDLESS OF NATURE OF THAT JOB?WHAT KIND OF TAXES SHOULD ONE EMBRACE ONESELF FOR?HOW MUCH CAN ONE EARN PER MONTH,OR AFTER EVERY FORTNIGHT?
brilliant quiz PJ...answers pliz

Good Question Prince John,Am sure NO one ( former DV) will be willing to disclose to you but,I would simply request you to do some research on the Minimum wage per state against the cost of living.Some states pay well but life is also expensive.But on Average $8-12 per hour,working for 15 hours per day for 25 days per month.By estimates you can have a savings of kshs 100,000/= every month after deduction of all bills and expenses NB YOU MUST THEN BE AS BUSY AS A BEE AND A SQUEEZED BUDGET

Last edited:
PJ. Simon has given you a mathematical calculation above but that is not realistic. Most jobs are around 40 hours per week spread over 5 days. If you wanted to do 15 hours per day and 6 days per week, that would mean having two jobs.

The minimum wage across the USA is less than the 8 per hour mentioned, but many employers will pay more than that, which is a good thing because 8 bucks per hour in a 40 hour job will not be enough to live on - not near any big city and pretty much not anywhere. So a lot of immigrants might end up with working a second job to make enough money to get by.

It also varies greatly by area. Living in a rural community in a cheaper state, someone might live fine on 500 per week whereas that would be tough to live on in Northern California where I live. But of course, wages are based on costs in the area. I pay my house cleaner 20 bucks per hour, but that is not making her rich.