• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

There is nothing you can do once your case is on AP.The good news is that you are 90% guaranteed since you secured the green letter.Prayers,patience and discussions on this site has proved to relieve pressure and frustration.Count on me,I am praying for you Bwana Kepha.Amen

Am single, but not married like PJ. Whn wil thy sent me a Visa?
@Simon, thx Bro for ur incouraging message.
Since only one month is remaining before they terminate VISA issuance for DV 2014,be assured that from now August-Sept 30th you will be given priority.But am NOT guaranteeing.Be hopeful anyway.

Am hopeful Bro, did any1 given a green letter & put on Administrative processing. Hw long did it take to get a reply & were thy issued a visa?

Am hopeful Bro, did any1 given a green letter & put on Administrative processing. Hw long did it take to get a reply & were thy issued a visa?
I have one in mind but his case was very complicated His CN was 8xxx,He attended Interview in Jan 28 2014,was issued the green paper and a congratulations messages,2 days later his X girlfriend(as he puts it) sent a letter to the embassy and they were put on AP.The case was resolved in July and were issued with a VISA.What you are not telling us is exactly what transpired...any idea of what could have triggered...Cases are different some AP get resolved within days and some take long ,while some are indefinite(never resolved).

I called the Embassy on monday they did not tell me ma case, thy said its an internal issue which thy should not share with me.

It varies widely depending on why people are on AP.
You said they are checking your qualifications for DV purposes, did you use education or work experience to qualify according to the requirements, and what did you show them?

I would assume.....if its the cut for KCSE he had not attained then AP would not apply,it should have been outright denial.But D- on the hand was too easy for kenyans so i would rule that one out.

I had attained more than they required & i did H. Diploma in IT & CISCO in Networking. Pls assist me b4 da end of DV2014. @pj rule out.

Ooh wonderful Ben,thank you!I am coming along with my family,wife and my 2 year old son.I got a good host id say,my uncle who happens to be like a father to me.but out of curiousity and anxiety,what kind of jobs are easily available?for example,is it possible to get a casual job thats paying well without necesarily going for training,or is it a must you gather some experience?I hear nursing pays well,how long does training take in this field?

Hi PJ, myself and my spouse will be heading to Texas after our interview goes well. I am currently in the healthcare field and have taken time to research how it works in the states. The first step (to enable you work as soon as in the health care sector ) is to take a course in CNA (certified nurse assistant). It's a short course of about 6 - 12 weeks, depending on the school, and fees vary from $600 - $1200 on average, again that will depend on school and location. This course could be done part time which enables you to work and study.
As for casual jobs, there are quite a lot out there. You could work in fast foods, restaurants, security, house keeping, etc
You can start being familiar with the kind of casual jobs offered by visiting some of these websites:

http://www.snagajob.com/job-search/w-rosedale,+md/q-full+time

http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobs/rosedale,md

http://www.indeed.com/l-Rosedale,-MD-jobs.html

These will help get you familiar with the kind of jobs available and what you can do. Hope it helps.

KNEC delivers confidential copies to the Embassy through a knec official and not through courier services. So There is this Ma'ma who has been in AP since May. She went to the interview without the Hussy's Gud cdct and Birth cert plus she hadn't requested KNEC to send that confidential copy. That landed her on AP since then. After few days the Embassy got Hussy's birth cert n Good cdct. What was remaining was that confidential copy.
After requesting knec to send, knec claimed to have sent it but they never wrote her case number on top so that caused some sort of delay. After waiting for 2month(She's slow I guess) she wrote an email to the Embassy to request status of her case...The Embassy replied and said they hadn't got her kcse copy. She called Knec again, went back and fourth with them and they finally decided to send that copy again. After a day or 2 she inquired about her case again(Embassy via an email). The Embassy replied and said they've received her kcse copy...they then added that they usually don't receive confidential copies via courier services but rather the KNEC officials deliver those copies in person but they said they'll look into her case and they'll advice on a way forward.
Apparently KNEC sent hers through courier service. She sort to inquire from KNEC side. On their defence, KNEC officials said that when they don't have someone going to the Embassy they usually use a courier. They then said that they'll call the Embassy and fix that problem which I don't know if they did or didn't do!
Later yesterday evening, the Ma'mas case changed from "AP" to "Refused".

What happened there ^^ exactly.
For those who keep on asking if going to KNEC is necessary. Here this from me YEAH IT'S NECESSARY.

Anyway back to the topic. What can she do? Write an e-mail, explain what happened!! clearly that wasn't her mistake. She had a C plus in KCSE, passed a Meds. Her, the hubby n her 2kids. No problem with anything else only that KCSE copy might have caused the sadden change of everything. Probably the Embassy thought she corrupted someone in KNEC offices or something of the sort. Which she didn't do...That's the only explanation I could come up with.
Long story I guess, bottom line guyz help that Ma'ma out with Ideas.

KNEC delivers confidential copies to the Embassy through a knec official and not through courier services. So There is this Ma'ma who has been in AP since May. She went to the interview without the Hussy's Gud cdct and Birth cert plus she hadn't requested KNEC to send that confidential copy. That landed her on AP since then. After few days the Embassy got Hussy's birth cert n Good cdct. What was remaining was that confidential copy.
After requesting knec to send, knec claimed to have sent it but they never wrote her case number on top so that caused some sort of delay. After waiting for 2month(She's slow I guess) she wrote an email to the Embassy to request status of her case...The Embassy replied and said they hadn't got her kcse copy. She called Knec again, went back and fourth with them and they finally decided to send that copy again. After a day or 2 she inquired about her case again(Embassy via an email). The Embassy replied and said they've received her kcse copy...they then added that they usually don't receive confidential copies via courier services but rather the KNEC officials deliver those copies in person but they said they'll look into her case and they'll advice on a way forward.
Apparently KNEC sent hers through courier service. She sort to inquire from KNEC side. On their defence, KNEC officials said that when they don't have someone going to the Embassy they usually use a courier. They then said that they'll call the Embassy and fix that problem which I don't know if they did or didn't do!
Later yesterday evening, the Ma'mas case changed from "AP" to "Refused".

What happened there ^^ exactly.
For those who keep on asking if going to KNEC is necessary. Here this from me YEAH IT'S NECESSARY.

Anyway back to the topic. What can she do? Write an e-mail, explain what happened!! clearly that wasn't her mistake. She had a C plus in KCSE, passed a Meds. Her, the hubby n her 2kids. No problem with anything else only that KCSE copy might have caused the sadden change of everything. Probably the Embassy thought she corrupted someone in KNEC offices or something of the sort. Which she didn't do...That's the only explanation I could come up with.
Long story I guess, bottom line guyz help that Ma'ma out with Ideas.
Jorj, I agree with you assumption, that they suspected a bribe, because I also don't see any other reason in her denial!
Unfortunately, there is No appeal in DV cases out of the US soil.
I'm really sorry for the out-come of her case. :(

Ooh wonderful Ben,thank you!I am coming along with my family,wife and my 2 year old son.I got a good host id say,my uncle who happens to be like a father to me.but out of curiousity and anxiety,what kind of jobs are easily available?for example,is it possible to get a casual job thats paying well without necesarily going for training,or is it a must you gather some experience?I hear nursing pays well,how long does training take in this field?
Hi Prince John, Wonderful to hear you are bringing your family along upfront. As some forum mates have said, manual jobs are easily found so are sales associates - gas station attendants, store cashiers, sales, and healthcare jobs. Keep your mind open to doing any work available while you look for jobs that interest you. As for healthcare, you can easily complete a CNA (certified nursing assistant) which here in Baltimore are mostly called GNA's. It is a two week or so course and once you get certified, you can land a job the very next day. Nursing is two parts - LPN (licenced practical nurse) or RN (registered nurse). LPN can be done in 18 months school including all pre-requisites while RN is MOSTLY two years full time excluding pre-requisites which take about a year depending on whether you will transfer any courses over from Kenya. Most Kenyans have started out as GNA's then LPN then RN and others have gone further to attain BSN (Bachelor;s) and MSN (masters). The sky is the limit as to what you can become so as I said earlier, keep your mind open to the opportunities and do not be picky especially in the beginning. Best of luck~~

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement. My case still says "Ready" and I had emailed the Embassy and they replied that they are still waiting for a visa number for me and my family - wife and 2 kids. They said they will keep our passports incase a visa number becomes available but they cannot guarantee it. My interview was on 7th July and all documents requested on the 221g were delivered on 31st July. I guess they reviewed them in August so our visa numbers were reassigned. I am keeping hope up that between now and Sep 30 a miracle will happen. Please keep me and my family in prayer as this is very stressful. I am in the same position with #tyt and I can testify that it is the worst state you can be in. We in the forum who are in this situation need your prayers. PUSH- Pray until something happens~~

Thanks Ben,thats very resourceful!@ kim,i was @ the same position like you, went for interview on 6th Aug without wife,'s COGC,was told it must reach them before end of Aug as my visa number was sloted for Aug.I was able to beat that deadline,though il always take it as a miracle.Eventualy God intervened.Have faith,i will be praying with you.

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement. My case still says "Ready" and I had emailed the Embassy and they replied that they are still waiting for a visa number for me and my family - wife and 2 kids. They said they will keep our passports incase a visa number becomes available but they cannot guarantee it. My interview was on 7th July and all documents requested on the 221g were delivered on 31st July. I guess they reviewed them in August so our visa numbers were reassigned. I am keeping hope up that between now and Sep 30 a miracle will happen. Please keep me and my family in prayer as this is very stressful. I am in the same position with #tyt and I can testify that it is the worst state you can be in. We in the forum who are in this situation need your prayers. PUSH- Pray until something happens~~

I 2 am in such situation remember us in ur prayers.