• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hello everyone! Finally good news!.

I had my interview today (Miami) and could not wait to share my experience here in the forum. After a couple of mistakes along the way, the nightmare is finally over.

The officer was very kind. The whole interview took 15 minutes. She made us raise our right hand, swear, etc, then asked for our IDs (passports). Then, she went through my wife's file (main applicant as a winner), asked all questions in the application, checked name and DOB. She asked for the original birth certificate and marriage certificate to validate the copies on file. When she finished she started with me, no questions. Just checked my original birth certificate and asked for my employment letter (I am under an H1B). Finally she asked for my son's original birth certificate. Confirmed our last entrance to the US. Did a lot of checks in all the files and ended like this:

"Everything looks approvable, congratulations. You may receive your cards in 30 days"

I just went to the USCIS website, and our cases changed to Card/Document Production!!!!!!

Once again, thanks for all the info and support in this process. It was EXTREMELY useful!

Kind regards

Ehhh just called KCC again :( file was not requested yet. What should I do? Info pass is after two weeks. I will do walk in to my FO Monday and what should I say to Them? "Hey why You didn't request my file yet?"

Ehhh just called KCC again :( file was not requested yet. What should I do? Info pass is after two weeks. I will do walk in to my FO Monday and what should I say to Them? "Hey why You didn't request my file yet?"

Oh man, that is probably as much as you can do.

You politely inform them that KCC told you your file is yet to be requested for by your FO when you do the walk-in.

Oh man, that is probably as much as you can do.
Will They know the answer without talking to the officer? I am worried that the officer will get mad because He told us to wait :/ but how we can wait if this time is running so fast and is so important :(

You politely inform them that KCC told you your file is yet to be requested for by your FO when you do the walk-in.
I will. Thank You. Do You think it's any specific reason why They wait with requesting it? Does it mean anything not good besides time running away? :(

Last edited:
I will. Thank You. Do You think it's any specific reason why They wait with requesting it? Does it mean anything bot good besides time running away? :(

It's possible the IO could have forgotten, it's possible the IO already sent in the request but for some reason whoever you spoke with at KCC is unable to confirm. It could be any one single reason or a multitude of reasons. Just stop second guessing yourself and do what you can on your part to get your case resolved.

:oops:I bet Sir Percy would never have done that

Possibly not - but he (Percy) would have been the wrong tool for the job. I was asked to resolve a problem that 20 people had been chasing their tales on for 1 week (that is around $100k cost in man hours). The managers that asked me in knew the time for "polite" was over. It was fixed by close of business. I only WISH I was allowed to do that in SF FO.

Possibly not - but he (Percy) would have been the wrong tool for the job. I was asked to resolve a problem that 20 people had been chasing their tales on for 1 week (that is around $100k cost in man hours). The managers that asked me in knew the time for "polite" was over. It was fixed by close of business. I only WISH I was allowed to do that in SF FO.
Yeah ! And KFC bloody software :D

It's possible the IO could have forgotten, it's possible the IO already sent in the request but for some reason whoever you spoke with at KCC is unable to confirm. It could be any one single reason or a multitude of reasons. Just stop second guessing yourself and do what you can on your part to get your case resolved.
Thank You. I will go Monday morning. I will be very nice there, if Lady on the window will tell me "nothing that I can do, just wait" then I will explain Her that is time sensitive etc. That's all I can on my part right?

The letter of employment in my application package is dated April 28th. Given that my interview is scheduled for August 28th, do you think the letter is too old? Should I get a new one?

This question of mine fell though the cracks. I'd really appreciate an answer.

Sorry for the disturbance. This is my 2nd and last attempt and I promise I won't ask the same questions again if I don't get a response :)

Thank You. I will go Monday morning. I will be very nice there, if Lady on the window will tell me "nothing that I can do, just wait" then I will explain Her that is time sensitive etc. That's all I can on my part right?

Can't you call USCIS (ask to speak with a level 2 officer) and ask him/her to submit a work request for your FO to request your file from KCC?

3 weeks after interview. Still in the status of "acceptance". I had two infopass to follow up but was told to wait for another 6 weeks! I am wondering if my file is under some IO's coffee mug.