• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Can you really do a walk-in to a FO with no prior meeting? If so what do you show at the front door. They always ask you for the appointment letter ... Seems like mission impossible in NYC, would love to hear other opinions....

Can you really do a walk-in to a FO with no prior meeting? If so what do you show at the front door. They always ask you for the appointment letter ... Seems like mission impossible in NYC, would love to hear other opinions....

At San Fran the security guards check you have an appointment, and the website says appointments only. However, once inside there is one line for "appointments" and another for "no appointments".

We just explain them our situation and smile nicely. That's all.

We did our AOS interview last Monday (8/4). Everything seems fine but our cases still haven’t got approved yet. I know that it is not uncommon to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the approval. However, I get more and more nervous every day. The interview went very well. The IO is very friendly. She said that our applications are very thorough. She did not see any original documents apart from our passports, driver licenses, and the DV fee receipt (I didn’t include it in our packages because I paid after our cases are accepted, around 6/20). She went through everything in my I485 form and then my wife’s. I think she just wanted to make it less boring, she asked some questions to my wife when she went through my form and vice versa. I’m surprised that I could say my parent-in-laws’ full names without a hiccup. At the end of the interview, she said that everything looks good but she need to review our cases and explained that it is a standard procedure. She didn’t say that there is anything missing in our cases. At the end, she said if the cases are approved, don’t be surprised if the GC come before the approval notice. I’ve already got an infopass appointment in 2 weeks. Maybe I need to check with KCC tomorrow whether they have already sent my file of FO. What else should I do apart from waiting patiently?

is there a common rule as to how many days before the "current" month that DV selectees can get an info pass for expedite request? is it too early to panic for those current in sept not receiving an interview letter? my sister already made an info pass with Chicago FO on aug 21 just in case she has yet to receive the letter by then? or should she wait until sept to make an info pass. thanks!

We did our AOS interview last Monday (8/4). Everything seems fine but our cases still haven’t got approved yet. I know that it is not uncommon to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the approval. However, I get more and more nervous every day. The interview went very well. The IO is very friendly. She said that our applications are very thorough. She did not see any original documents apart from our passports, driver licenses, and the DV fee receipt (I didn’t include it in our packages because I paid after our cases are accepted, around 6/20). She went through everything in my I485 form and then my wife’s. I think she just wanted to make it less boring, she asked some questions to my wife when she went through my form and vice versa. I’m surprised that I could say my parent-in-laws’ full names without a hiccup. At the end of the interview, she said that everything looks good but she need to review our cases and explained that it is a standard procedure. She didn’t say that there is anything missing in our cases. At the end, she said if the cases are approved, don’t be surprised if the GC come before the approval notice. I’ve already got an infopass appointment in 2 weeks. Maybe I need to check with KCC tomorrow whether they have already sent my file of FO. What else should I do apart from waiting patiently?

Ah ha another "needs a review" case. Yes do check with KCC that the FO has requested the file. If The background check, the bio, and the KCC file are all done then there is nothing more to do at the end of the interview. They just very often don't know how to complete the case.

Hopefully it will get done shortly, but otherwise attend the infopass appointment well prepared and be clear that you need the case to be approved now.

Yes, do what @Britsimon just said. Good luck!

At San Fran the security guards check you have an appointment, and the website says appointments only. However, once inside there is one line for "appointments" and another for "no appointments".
Sounds like " no appointments " line is where employees go to take a break and smoke a cigarette :D
Technically they are working but no customers are coming.

Ah ha another "needs a review" case. Yes do check with KCC that the FO has requested the file. If The background check, the bio, and the KCC file are all done then there is nothing more to do at the end of the interview. They just very often don't know how to complete the case.

Hopefully it will get done shortly, but otherwise attend the infopass appointment well prepared and be clear that you need the case to be approved now.

Thanks. How do I find out whether the background check is done? Call USCIS hotline?

The AOS timeline file is updated. Please check and update the time stamps of your case. It will be very useful for DV selectee in the future.

Wow, you have adjusted your wife's status from B2 to F2 and now to LPR - that absolutely takes balls man. You were risking to miss out on the status yourself, potentially jeopardizing your future in the US altogether. You surely have nerves of steel, too. Good job, man and glad it worked out for you :)

Yeah, sometimes you gotta roll the dice..

1st level will submit the request, but the FO have to respond...
I did that and FO already responded that my case expedited today and I finally get the bio letter and bio walk i n also done today.
Simon, What is the time frame you had between bio walk-in and interview date, a month or less?

I did that and FO already responded that my case expedited today and I finally get the bio letter and bio walk i n also done today.
Simon, What is the time frame you had between bio walk-in and interview date, a month or less?

Much more - nearly two months - but my FO is run by muppets. The two things are not necessarily connected (i.e. doing the bio doesn't then cause the interview to be scheduled). However you cannot complete the process until both are done.

Hey Guys,
So I received my GC yesterday. Yayy! But I have a little question for you guys. Any input will be highly appreciated.
So I have 2 middle name. For ex - my name spells out John Mark Paul Doe.
In my GC my first and last name is printed correctly, but they have omitted the initial of the second middle name i.e. it looks like this on the GC.
Last: Doe
Given names: John P
But on the back of the card, among those numbers at the bottom, My last, first, 1st middle, and first four letters of my 2nd middle names are printed.

Will not having the 2nd middle initial on the front of the card be an issue in the future(SSN/Citizenship etc), or when re-entering the US at some point?
P.S. My passport has my full name including the 2 middle names.

Thanks you all :)