• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

The land of flower and nightingale strikes again!

I think there is a way to expedite the background check. I'm not exactly sure, but I think the FO can put a request. I also remember reading that towards the end of the FY, they send automatic expedite requests to the FBI for all pending cases. But if you have to be proactive and assertive any time in your life, now is the time! Call USCIS, and ask for a level-2 officer. Tell them your situation and see what they can do.

Good luck my friend.

Thanks for your help buddy. Today I am really mad at the world but I'll give it a shot tomorrow just so that I won't blame myself later on! You have no idea just how much I'd like to give it all up and forget about everything at this point!

Congratulations on coming this far, too bad your background check hasn't cleared because it looks like your IO was ready to approve your case.

You might as well cancel the infopass you have in 2 days' time, it's not likely to yield much for now. There's really nothing you can do until the background check clears, but you can schedule another infopass now for the late 1st week of Sept or early 2nd week just to follow up on the case. Fingers crossed for you, the background check will clear before that time and you will not need to attend the infopass.
Do you think involving my congress person would have any effect on the background check?!

I hope yours go smoothly and am pretty sure it will. Background check is very dependent on the case not the FO. You don't need to worry for that. Btw has there been any update on the requesting of your KCC file?
Today, I called KCC again. They still haven't requested it. Curse you, Philly FO!

Yeah that sounds about right. The thing is, when you asked to speak to the supervisor you nudged things along. The supervisor (or someone else) got their "Processing DV cases for dummies" manual out and realized the mistake. So, you did good going there and probably saved your case from languishing in their todo pile for another few weeks.

The KCC file should get there this week and hopefully you will get green late this week or early next week. You might well beat me!
Hehehe "processing dv cases for dummies" how cuuute! ;p
I will keep You and Everybody posted

Thanks for your help buddy. Today I am really mad at the world but I'll give it a shot tomorrow just so that I won't blame myself later on! You have no idea just how much I'd like to give it all up and forget about everything at this point!

Don't even think about it man! Fight it out. To the last breath!

Still on F-1, I assume? Well, if enter the job market and experience the infamous "H-1 tyranny," you'll know the true value of having the GC almost handed to you via this DV thing :)

Keep up the good fight.

one item in our to-do list for our chicago trip today was to ask for walk-in infopass at the chicago FO. however, the luck was not on my sister's side because they were so busy due to being short staffed. so, if any of you are not in chicago and planning for a walk-in infopass, i don't think it's worth a trip.

my sister is keeping her infopass appt on sept 3. and from what i read in this thread, i gathered that selectees can make more than one infopass appts in advance. however, when my sister attempted to make another infopass, the system just pointed her back to sept 3. how can you guys make multiple infopass appts? are there any extra/specific steps to do so?

one item in our to-do list for our chicago trip today was to ask for walk-in infopass at the chicago FO. however, the luck was not on my sister's side because they were so busy due to being short staffed. so, if any of you are not in chicago and planning for a walk-in infopass, i don't think it's worth a trip.

my sister is keeping her infopass appt on sept 3. and from what i read in this thread, i gathered that selectees can make more than one infopass appts in advance. however, when my sister attempted to make another infopass, the system just pointed her back to sept 3. how can you guys make multiple infopass appts? are there any extra/specific steps to do so?

No extra steps, just a question of availability and how far advance they let you book.

No extra steps, just a question of availability and how far advance they let you book.
thanks simon but i did it with her again just now and it took us to the confirmation letter on sept 3. was it because she chose to have an infopass for information? should she choose another choice for another infopass?

Last edited:
thanks simon but i did it with her again just now and it took us to the confirmation letter on sept 3. was it because she chose to have an infopass for information? should she choose another choice for another infopass?

You have to attend the first one already booked before you can make a new one.

Hi,

I am going to call USCIS to see if I can put an expedite request on the background check process. Do I need to call the National Customer Service Center at 800-375-5283?

Thanks.

My case is still not requested from the KCC.
I have tried walking in with no luck. The security told me that I needed an infopass. I tried to explain the urgency of my situation as best as I can. He was not symphatic at all. Talking to him was like talking to a wall. He insisted that I wouldn't talk to anybody without an appointment.

Without my KCC my case sure will be delayed and it is all because of incomptenet Philly FO staff and their brick wall security guards who don't try to understand what is going on.

Coming to think of it, it's funny how almost all of us encounter a problem throughout this green card process. How many mistakes can they make at USCIS? I bet if they fired all of the staff and hired dogs to replace them, USCIS would be as efficient as today.

Coming to think of it, it's funny how almost all of us encounter a problem throughout this green card process. How many mistakes can they make at USCIS? I bet if they fired all of the staff and hired dogs to replace them, USCIS would be as efficient as today.

So often I read this thread and am thankful I did CP....!!! Hope the "bitter enders" here get sorted out soon!