• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

My interview experience today:
I had it scheduled at 9:00. I got there 15 min early. I took oath to tell the truth. He first asked for my passport and immediately took the I-94 off (I said to myself Yaaay, its all over!) He also asked if I have a recommendation letter from my advisor, and obviously I hadn't!! Then he asked for my I-20 and since it was issued more than two years ago he asked if I have any other proof of active student status. I showed him academic verification an employment letters from my school. I was then asked yes/no questions from I-485. He also asked if I know what my priority date is! I said I am not sure what you are asking for but I became current in July. He looked in a pile of paper in my folder and said it is till October 1st! At the end, he said that all the prints are good but (Damn, here comes the bad news, I told myself!) unfortunately your case remains at a continuing status since your background check has not been completed yet! He explained that he knows there is only a month left to the end of the fiscal year but the background check is done elsewhere and the case is out of USCIS control right now. Sighhhhhhhh :-(
So I have an infopass appointment scheduled for two days from now. Can I do anything at this point? Is there any value in going to the appointment? I was so sad after hearing the news that I didn't even ask what happens if (in a million year) my case got cleared!

I had it scheduled at 9:00. I got there 15 min early. I took oath to tell the truth. He first asked for my passport and immediately took the I-94 off (I said to myself Yaaay, its all over!) He also asked if I have a recommendation letter from my advisor, and obviously I hadn't!! Then he asked for my I-20 and since it was issued more than two years ago he asked if I have any other proof of active student status. I showed him academic verification an employment letters from my school. I was then asked yes/no questions from I-485. He also asked if I know what my priority date is! I said I am not sure what you are asking for but I became current in July. He looked in a pile of paper in my folder and said it is till October 1st! At the end, he said that all the prints are good but (Damn, here comes the bad news, I told myself!) unfortunately your case remains at a continuing status since your background check has not been completed yet! He explained that he knows there is only a month left to the end of the fiscal year but the background check is done elsewhere and the case is out of USCIS control right now. Sighhhhhhhh :-(
So I have an infopass appointment scheduled for two days from now. Can I do anything at this point? Is there any value in going to the appointment? I was so sad after hearing the news that I didn't even ask what happens if (in a million year) my case got cleared!

Oh man - that sucks.

First, schedule at least one more infopass for a week to two weeks after the one you have. Sometimes you can't get the infopass appointments when you need them.

I'm not sure if you can expedite the background check - but it might be worth calling USCIS in any case - get through to a level 2 officer and explain the situation.

Congratulations on coming this far, too bad your background check hasn't cleared because it looks like your IO was ready to approve your case.

You might as well cancel the infopass you have in 2 days' time, it's not likely to yield much for now. There's really nothing you can do until the background check clears, but you can schedule another infopass now for the late 1st week of Sept or early 2nd week just to follow up on the case. Fingers crossed for you, the background check will clear before that time and you will not need to attend the infopass.

Dude. This is bad news. You should make sure they approve your visa as soon as the clearing is over though.

I'll post my interview experience in Philadelphia FO on Thursday. I did my BIO well before you did (mid-june). We'll see if I have the same trouble.

Goooosh I am so flustrated and upset ;(! We got 6.50am to our FO. They make a room for us and put us on Infopass. We spoke with a Lady, I explained everything, She started saying "In KCC warehouse people working, They don't know what to do, Your file is already here on interview day." So I said no way is the KCC is lie to me. They will know if You guys requested the file. She said but is already here! I said listen, is two files, our AOS package which You have and KCC file which should be here on a day on the interview, but it was not for sure because officer told us. Then She said "why You even worry? Why You said a date end of September to complete Your file? AOS can take years not months!" Theeen I figure out She knows sh*t what She is talking about. So I said I am sorry but I need to speak with a supervisor. She said She is busy, I said I will wait. We were waiting for a supervisor 2 hours. Then I go to the other guy in window and ask Him if Supervisor knows we are waiting. He go ask Her (Supervisor was another mean, Lady). And She told Him She is busy but She will go upstairs to check on our file. She get back and said to the previous Lady to told us that our IO said He is working on our case and wait twi more weeks then come and check again. Supervisor not even said a word to us!!!!!! I was so upset and couldn't do anything more...

Goooosh I am so flustrated and upset ;(! We got 6.50am to our FO. They make a room for us and put us on Infopass. We spoke with a Lady, I explained everything, She started saying "In KCC warehouse people working, They don't know what to do, Your file is already here on interview day." So I said no way is the KCC is lie to me. They will know if You guys requested the file. She said but is already here! I said listen, is two files, our AOS package which You have and KCC file which should be here on a day on the interview, but it was not for sure because officer told us. Then She said "why You even worry? Why You said a date end of September to complete Your file? AOS can take years not months!" Theeen I figure out She knows sh*t what She is talking about. So I said I am sorry but I need to speak with a supervisor. She said She is busy, I said I will wait. We were waiting for a supervisor 2 hours. Then I go to the other guy in window and ask Him if Supervisor knows we are waiting. He go ask Her (Supervisor was another mean, Lady). And She told Him She is busy but She will go upstairs to check on our file. She get back and said to the previous Lady to told us that our IO said He is working on our case and wait twi more weeks then come and check again. Supervisor not even said a word to us!!!!!! I was so upset and couldn't do anything more...

Oh man! You were making the right points, and you were right to identify that the first IO doesn't know the process. THAT is what you then use as the reason that you cannot possibly leave without seeing the supervisor. When staff are telling you things like this could take years you are TOTALLY justified in pointing out how incorrect that is and that you are justifiably concerned that their misunderstandings are going to affect your case.

I HOPE that maybe the point that "he" is working on your case means they are doing what they need to do. Have you put all of this in writing to the FO? I would if I were you.

E
Oh man! You were making the right points, and you were right to identify that the first IO doesn't know the process. THAT is what you then use as the reason that you cannot possibly leave without seeing the supervisor. When staff are telling you things like this could take years you are TOTALLY justified in pointing out how incorrect that is and that you are justifiably concerned that their misunderstandings are going to affect your case.

I HOPE that maybe the point that "he" is working on your case means they are doing what they need to do. Have you put all of this in writing to the FO? I would if I were you.

I ask Her to have our conversation reason on paper She laugh at me and said I can not give You that.
Ehhh is easy to say, I was fighting very hard to talk with the supervisor and I saw Her behind the glass talking with the previous Lady about our case. I run to the window again but this does nothing. She checked upstairs our file and this is all She can do at this time. Supervisor also told the previous Lady to tell us that we should not worry because They need to make decision in next 2-3 weeks and They can not do this without requesting the KCC file so is obvious They will request soon. Fu** ;( I still have in my head my IO line "I know what I am doing, please wait until middle of September". I don't want make Him angry to fu** up our decision :( but also is hard to wait calm knowing that time is running out... Ehhh I have infopass on 5th. I will go again then and don't know what to say ;/.

The land of flower and nightingale strikes again!

I think there is a way to expedite the background check. I'm not exactly sure, but I think the FO can put a request. I also remember reading that towards the end of the FY, they send automatic expedite requests to the FBI for all pending cases. But if you have to be proactive and assertive any time in your life, now is the time! Call USCIS, and ask for a level-2 officer. Tell them your situation and see what they can do.

Good luck my friend.

Do You think I can call NCSC Today and request expedite processing?

Why don't you start engaging the congressmen at this point. They are clearly taking their sweet time and regardless of your efforts they seem to be very little receptive. Try to describe your case to your congress person and see where that goes. Good luck, i'm following closely your case and wishing for the best.

Why don't you start engaging the congressmen at this point. They are clearly taking their sweet time and regardless of your efforts they seem to be very little receptive. Try to describe your case to your congress person and see where that goes. Good luck, i'm following closely your case and wishing for the best.
Thank You. I just made a extreme expedite request. Hopefuly it will help, Lady was very nice on the phone, we got our confirmation numbers and She said our case IO will contact us in 5 days with follow up. If we will not get any update in this time, we will write a letter to our congressperson.

WTF?!!!!!!! Just called KCC They said USCIS request our file Today and KCC just sent our file 25th August so is Today!!! OMG! So They probablyforgot requested and I remind Them Today being there... Gosh and I just did expedite processing 5 minutes ago telling the reason about KCC file and death date September 30th ;/. Do You think They will get upset I bothering too much? ;(

WTF?!!!!!!! Just called KCC They said USCIS request our file Today and KCC just sent our file 25th August so is Today!!! OMG! So They probablyforgot requested and I remind Them Today being there... Gosh and I just did expedite processing 5 minutes ago telling the reason about KCC file and death date September 30th ;/. Do You think They will get upset I bothering too much? ;(

So what if they get upset? They can't deny you because they're irritated! It's more important that you get your green card. Two minutes after being upset with you they will find someone else to be upset with ;)

I don't think they will be upset. They will probably send you a message that it is already taken care of and there's nothing to worry about.

When was your interview date again?

Yeah that sounds about right. The thing is, when you asked to speak to the supervisor you nudged things along. The supervisor (or someone else) got their "Processing DV cases for dummies" manual out and realized the mistake. So, you did good going there and probably saved your case from languishing in their todo pile for another few weeks.

The KCC file should get there this week and hopefully you will get green late this week or early next week. You might well beat me!

Man I really Sympathize with you, I feel your frustration, I went through the same Kak about my paper works, and I'm doing cp, I never expected so much incompetence and Clumsiness, from the US immigration offices! Its terrible :(
I wish you all the best, and kick their asses at the FO for all us DV 2014 selectees.

I'll post my interview experience in Philadelphia FO on Thursday. I did my BIO well before you did (mid-june). We'll see if I have the same trouble.
I hope yours go smoothly and am pretty sure it will. Background check is very dependent on the case not the FO. You don't need to worry for that. Btw has there been any update on the requesting of your KCC file?