• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

General advise, call KCC, call USIC, make Info pass, if needed cogressman/woman, request to speed up, request to talk to supervisors, your future and GC is ur business, all officers just ppl working for not big income, doing their job, sometimes not the best, but if u not asking, who will help?

I would be so pissed if I wouldn't get a visa after spending $1500+ for all the fees and medical exams. I have considered moving back to my home country or EU because of the silliy immigration laws in the US and the incompetent troll officers in charge. That would be the last drop that spills the cup.

I apologize for my contempt, but this is a torture that started the day I stepped in this beautiful soil. Most of us live everyday in fear of getting deported thereby losing everything we have built so far. Having a Green Card alleviates this problem but man... Damn hard to get it even after you earn the right to get it!

Understood. In time we will all laugh about this bit of stress they are putting us through....

Status changed from Acceptance to Card production, letter stated that On August 18, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
Good good....

The total process to apply for GC is longer than having a baby or two. I really don't understand how it is possible considered a developed country with full of BS in the whole immigration system. They don't care about your case, your situation, your family, your stress and you. Unfortunately, we all have to go through this madness process. Good luck everyone.

The total process to apply for GC is longer than having a baby or two. I really don't understand how it is possible considered a developed country with full of BS in the whole immigration system. They don't care about your case, your situation, your family, your stress and you. Unfortunately, we all have to go through this madness process. Good luck everyone.

I understand your frustration and the need to vent. However, you need to remember the DV process is actually the SHORTEST and CHEAPEST means of getting a GC in this country. It may be a developed country with so much technological advancement, things still have to take their due process sometimes.

Mom , Simon and all-

I thought to provide you all with an update on my case.

I had my infopass appointment today. Notes to myself early in the morning included looking people in the eyes, smiling , articulating well and remaining calm.
When my turn came I made sure to practice all the above. I was fortunate to have an officer who took the time and looked into my case, made sure to check with the supervisor and made calls to educate himself on the DV process. I had to wait for more than 1 hours after he started looking into my case and then he came back and mentioned that he and the team anticipated my interview to be 09/05. He asked me to make another infopass in case I don't get the interview letter by 09/01.

I left the USCIS office strategizing on the next steps. Few minutes after, I received a call from USCIS who reviewed my Expedite Request and informed that my interview date is set for 09/05 at 10.30 am. I'm happy and hopeful.

Mom , Simon and all-

I had my infopass appointment today. Notes to myself early in the morning included looking people in the eyes, smiling , articulating well and remaining calm.
When my turn came I made sure to practice all the above. I was fortunate to have an officer who took the time and looked into my case, made sure to check with the supervisor and made calls to educate himself on the DV process. I had to wait for more than 1 hours after he started looking into my case and then he came back and mentioned that he and the team anticipated my interview to be 09/05. He asked me to make another infopass in case I don't get the interview letter by 09/01.

I left the USCIS office strategizing on the next steps. Few minutes after, I received a call from USCIS who reviewed my Expedite Request and informed that my interview date is set for 09/05 at 10.30 am. I'm happy and hopeful.

Excellent news. That is how things are supposed to work!

Mom , Simon and all-

That's great! Thanks for the update. I will still suggest you book an infopass for 9/01 though, just in case the IL isn't received by then, you can always cancel if the IL comes in before that date.

While I understand the stress, bear in mind that the US processes over one million immigrant visas a year, and that is with the current system set so that certain categories take 10-15 years to adjudicate. If they were to try do them all at once, or rank cases according to each person's subjective situation, I'm sure you can imagine how impossible that would be. And as someone on another forum keeps reminding posters there, immigration is a privilege, not a right.

Dear all,

Outstanding news - I finally got my green card. Thank you all who contributed to this forum. Especially Sm1smom - I seriously would have never done it without you. No words can express how thankful I am to you for all your help.... And I believe that a lot of people here would share my gratitude.

A few lessons I learned from this experience:

- don't trust lawyers and accredited civil surgeons; trust people like you who went through it and shared their experiences; do research on your own
- be polite but firm with immigration
- don't expect anything to happen the way it's supposed to or they way you've been promised
- seek assistance from your congress person or any other people who can pull strings for you up there

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting to be approved! :)

Dear all,

Outstanding news - I finally got my green card. Thank you all who contributed to this forum. Especially Sm1smom - I seriously would have never done it without you. No words can express how thankful I am to you for all your help.... And I believe that a lot of people here would share my gratitude.

A few lessons I learned from this experience:

- don't trust lawyers and accredited civil surgeons; trust people like you who went through it and shared their experiences; do research on your own
- be polite but firm with immigration
- don't expect anything to happen the way it's supposed to or they way you've been promised
- seek assistance from your congress person or any other people who can pull strings for you up there

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting to be approved! :)

This is turning out to be a great Monday after all! A Big Congratulations to you. I'm glad things worked out for you and you're now officially GREEN! :D

Truly happy to have been of help, and thank you for thanking me!

Hi everybody,

It is really great to hear that everyone's case finally moving forward. I have my interview scheduled for next Monday. I have a few question and appreciate your opinions on them:
1) I can't get my tax transcript from IRS website. It says that my info doesn't match their records. So I filled out and sent the 4506-T form to IRS but it has been nearly two weeks and I haven't received anything yet. So, I found this website: http://www.veri-tax.com/ that claims it requests your transcript for you and emails it to you in 1-2 days for about 20$. Has anyone heard about this before and know whether they can be trusted?!

2) I hadn't got my second Varicella shot when I shipped my AOS package. I had it done a couple of weeks ago. Will my vaccination history that I get from my doctor be enough or do I need to have a civil surgeon confirm it?!

3) What is the KCC number you reach to see if your file has been requested by your FO. What would you exactly ask for when you call the number?

4) I am going to schedule an infopass appointment for preferably a week after my interview just in case things don't go smoothly! Do you think this a good idea? Would it affect my interview or would the interviewer mind?

Thanks for your time and help in advance.
P.S.: @wreck_it_ralph : My FO is Philly too. I let you how my interview goes as soon as I get a chance.

Last edited:
Answer to Mammad
w2 will be good, last pay roll, dont stress about IRS
dont stress about vaccines, u already sent ur doctor report, u can bring to interview any docs and pass it to officer during interview if he/she will ask, but do nothing without officer qs u
kcc number is 606-526-7500, say ur number ur name to a person that answer u, ask how are u doing today, and u need help with info about ur file, the qs u ask is please could u tell me if my file was send to Phille FO, if yes when it was send, thank you and have a great day.
info pass afterr interview is good idea nad wil not affect at any way ur interviewer, they even advise to call or to have info pass if no change in ur status in computer will be shown till next day, so u save here
good luck Mammad

Right!
we have waited over one year until my baby was born this year...
my wife's mood from happy to stressful...
she can't recovery her body well because of this
I am sad to see her body is so skinny tho
I hope we can complete the process soon,
then she can get little bit fat...
Good luck for everyone!

Right!
we have waited over one year until my baby was born this year...
my wife's mood from happy to stressful...
she can't recovery her body well because of this
I am sad to see her body is so skinny tho
I hope we can complete the process soon,
then she can get little bit fat...
Good luck for everyone!

I wonder what you and your wife would have done if you were among those who missed the final cut off by just a couple of numbers and hence couldn't even file in the first place after waiting all these while.

I just wish people will be a bit more appreciative of the opportunity they have so far and try to have a bit more positive attitude. There are people going through employment/family based AOS which is taking about 2 to 5 years with no guarantee they will be approved at the end of the day!

I'm not trying to come across as heartless or uncaring, but negative and defeatist attitude truly gets to me!!

I wonder what you and your wife would have done if you were among those who missed the final cut off by just a couple of numbers and hence couldn't even file in the first place after waiting all these while.

I just wish people will be a bit more appreciative of the opportunity they have so far and try to have a bit more positive attitude. There are people going through employment/family based AOS which is taking about 2 to 5 years with no guarantee they will be approved at the end of the day!

I'm not trying to come across as heartless or uncaring, but negative and defeatist attitude truly gets to me!!

Yes, mom,
I totally agree with you...
I always tell her to relaxed...don't think too much.
I think she is disappointed because our cn is small but it takes long time.
One reason may because after delivering our first baby.
She got nervous and can't control her mood well...
Anyway, I will keep her mood positive!!
So am I, and I really appreciate I can get information here.
Thanks.

Yes, mom,
I totally agree with you...
I always tell her to relaxed...don't think too much.
I think she is disappointed because our cn is small but it takes long time.
One reason may because after delivering our first baby.
She got nervous and can't control her mood well...
Anyway, I will keep her mood positive!!
So am I, and I really appreciate I can get information here.
Thanks.

Tell her to focus on the baby and appreciate what she's got. The baby is a special gift, and you the husband sound like a decent and loving person. She should count her blessings! There are lots of people trying to have babies with no success what so ever.

I hear mom, but I also think giving birth in a strange country with no family support structure and then having all this stress at the same time, I do feel sorry for Andy's wife, it is not an easy thing to do. Andy are you sure she does not have post natal depression? It sounds a bit like that is or may have been an issue. But either way I am sure you will all be fine.

This question of mine fell though the cracks. I'd really appreciate an answer.

Sorry for the disturbance. This is my 2nd and last attempt and I promise I won't ask the same questions again if I don't get a response :)

Hi, it's me, the late comer to the party :) Please do harass your HR and get a new employment letter. I vividly remember my IO checking the dates on our employment letters. As everybody says, you can't be prepared enough for the interview. Cheers!