• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hello
How many years of visits to the USA do I need to include in the DS 230, I have 3 lines only, if I attach a list of tohers, how many shall I include?
Thanks

I think you should do a fast infopass. Take everything you have and do a walk in and kindly ask why your case hasn't moved. If that doesn't change anything, then you can reach out to your congress person. Just be kind to them and articulate well your concern. Keep us posted.

Yeah if there's no movement this week, that's my plan for the next week.

Interesting that you had your interview before you were even current. What Field Office are you working through?

I was surprised as well when I got the interview letter, my first thought was that they don't know what they're doing (for a DV case). But at the interview the officer was aware that I'm only going to be current in August and said that's fine.
I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. From what I understand the case load up here is not that high so that's why they moved so quick on this (according to my local attorney). Problem is that now they're taking their sweet time to do the final decision.

I was surprised as well when I got the interview letter, my first thought was that they don't know what they're doing (for a DV case). But at the interview the officer was aware that I'm only going to be current in August and said that's fine.
I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. From what I understand the case load up here is not that high so that's why they moved so quick on this (according to my local attorney). Problem is that now they're taking their sweet time to do the final decision.

I guessed as much.

Alaska - oh that explains it. It must have been very exciting for them to see a DV case. Or any immigration case for that matter. PLus Sarah Palin probably put some special processes in place because she famously could see Russia from her back yard so knew that some Russians might find their way there. :p

Hello
How many years of visits to the USA do I need to include in the DS 230, I have 3 lines only, if I attach a list of tohers, how many shall I include?
Thanks

Hello
Thanks

Why are you still talking about DS-230 form? Aren't you already scheduled for your interview? What do you need that form for?

Hello
Thanks
I didn't understand what you mean by "lines", but include the copies of all the travel documents you have such as prior I-20s, i-94s, visa stickers etc.

I hv my interview on the 4th Sept and I have submitted to the embassy all the required doc, however a mail has been sent from the US embassy today implying what i need to bring on the interview day and they added selective service form, which s needed to be filled by every male aged 18-25
However it also requires SSN to fill it and obviously i dont have it.
Shall i fill it and leave the SSN empty?

Thanks in advance

I hv my interview on the 4th Sept and I have submitted to the embassy all the required doc, however a mail has been sent from the US embassy today implying what i need to bring on the interview day and they added selective service form, which s needed to be filled by every male aged 18-25
However it also requires SSN to fill it and obviously i dont have it.
Shall i fill it and leave the SSN empty?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if you're in the right forum. Sounds like you're doing CP.
Anyway... Since they sent you the form, I think you should fill it out and leave the SSN field blank.

I'm not sure if you're in the right forum. Sounds like you're doing CP.
Anyway... Since they sent you the form, I think you should fill it out and leave the SSN field blank.

It's confusing. I've never heard of selective service being signed at the embassy as it is only required after landing and green card activation. Does anyone know if it is usually done at an AOS interview??

It's confusing. I've never heard of selective service being signed at the embassy as it is only required after landing and green card activation. Does anyone know if it is usually done at an AOS interview??
Just FYI for CP cases: we had to sign a preprinted acknowledgement form at the US consulate, informing us that we had the obligation to sign up for Selective Services upon our arrival in the US. We confirmed with our signature that we had received this information from the US Consulate, yet the process did not actually include the actual sign-up process, which we subsequently completed through the online FAFSA application here in the US. Best.

Just FYI for CP cases: we had to sign a preprinted acknowledgement form at the US consulate, informing us that we had the obligation to sign up for Selective Services upon our arrival in the US. We confirmed with our signature that we had received this information from the US Consulate, yet the process did not actually include the actual sign-up process, which we subsequently completed through the online FAFSA application here in the US. Best.

An ok, maybe that's what he meant. It wasn't very clear.

1) The odds of winning the DV lottery ranges between 0.5% to I think about 4% depending on the region. I wouldn't call those odds precisely a miracle! The odds of somebody mistakenly adjudicating a case is a lot less than that though.

2) The DV fee ($330 per person) and the Medical exam fees (about $400 per person) is lost.

3) DV is about bringing in diversity. If the US was after the money of immigrants, they had better ways to accomplish that, like by increasing the EB quota for highly skilled workers.
I still maintain there is nothing to lose :)

I think before interview everything already suppose to be clear if Officer educated about DV cases, KCC file suppose to be requested, every doc suppose to be required before an interview, but if u can see from ppl reports some FO does not have clue about DV cases and did not request files and after interview it can take time and as results delay with decision. Hope ppl try to call KCC before interview and ask if everything done, and if not to go to info pass and ask to request docs from KCC. that how it is working.

Oh yes, sadly this was my experience too. To some of the "know it all" forum members- you know who you are, this is exactly what I was trying to get through to you. This DV lottery is not an exact science. Maybe some of you are now beginning to understand considering what has happened this year. My FO didn't have a clue about DV cases. Only because of my persistence did we manage to get our GC's. However contemptuous some of you may be about my using the word "miracle" in my DV experience last year, I still maintain it was. Not in the sense of the winning, but in getting my FO to speak to KCC, and vica versa, and moving the whole case forward. You have no idea what an uphill battle this was, as well as the stress involved. If I hadn't have constantly phoned KCC in those last few days, as well as shown up repeatedly at my FO, it would never have happened. I was 100% out of my comfort zone doing this, but I had a lot to lose, and everything to gain. I would advise anyone who is in this situation to do the same. BY THE WAY, I had my interview BEFORE my file arrived from KCC, so it goes to show that not every situation is the same. My FO did this because time was running out and they wanted to get as many interviews done as possible. The problem was that after the interview they forgot to request my file from KCC. Hmmmmm, where is that popcorn now I wonder :))

The fact that I was called for my interview BEFORE my file arrived from KCC would also imply that interviews are NOT scheduled according to whether a visa number is available. All it means is that you have reached the next step and FO received notification that biometrics have been done. I have heard of people in past years who had their interviews but were then told they have to wait to see if a visa is available

Some things are just meant to be. I'm not religious - but perhaps you do indeed have someone/something looking out for you.

Actually good point. I should go to Church a couple of times before my interview. Leave no stone unturned!

:)) at this stage in the process even you may come to understand why I said our getting our GC's was a miracle! Even though I am not religious