• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Biometric appointment

Dear Friends, thank you so much for your responses, I'll try next week to see if they accept early biometric, hopefully everything will go smoothly. Thank you so much dear friends for your help :)

It is called a walk-in bio and it happens all the time. Don't tell them anything about being early, etc. Just say that you need to get your biometrics done. Try to go just before they close the office. Where I live they close at 4:30pm and I was there at 4:10pm or so. The place was DESERTED. They didn't even look at the date of my appointment (i was 2 weeks early). You fill out a form with your previous addresses and full name and other info, they will take your picture, your signature and fingerprints of all 10 fingers. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.

Make sure to be careful cooking and such the days before you go. You will not be able to get biometrics done if you have a cut in your fingerprints or something like that. The officer will ask you to show him/her your hands before they proceed. Good Luck!

-SA

rainyman999,

I share my experience of walk-in biometric with you so you can decide yourself. I went to do bio 2days after I received the appointment (17 days latter) letter. It was about 13:00pm. The officer asked me for the appointment letter and he told me why you are here now, you appointment is in 17 days. I told him, well, I am asking because I have only 4 months to complete everything or I wont get greencard. So he called a manager there and they said you are ok, come back on appointment day. So I left but I tried once more after 7 days. This time I was there at 9:15 am.
The officer personally told me that last time, you were late and it is usually very busy here, so we did not let you in. This time, it is not too busy so let me try if the manager let you in. Eventually, I get it done there with no problem.

For me, getting there early when it is not busy helped. You have a better reason to do so because your wife is going to do biometric on that date so there is no reason that they dont let you do it. Just in case, get there early in the morning, and ask them. I found them nice and helpful. I hope you find them so.

Goodluck

Rainyman999,
Congratulations on having early biometrics appointment.
We still have not received biometrics notification yet.Our priority date is June 4th.What is your priority date, and if it is not secret in which state do you live in?
Thank you

Rainyman999,
Congratulations on having early biometrics appointment.
We still have not received biometrics notification yet.Our priority date is June 4th.What is your priority date, and if it is not secret in which state do you live in?
Thank you

Thank you JAPAKAK :),
Both of us have the priority date of June 1st! and we live in Louisiana ;)

USCIS status

When I check the status of my application on USCIS website, it shows acceptance. However, I should be initial review since I received biometric appoitnment, in fact, I have done it. Does anybody have the same issue?

It's not gonna switch until after you get approved. The online system does not really work.

When I check the status of my application on USCIS website, it shows acceptance. However, I should be initial review since I received biometric appoitnment, in fact, I have done it. Does anybody have the same issue?

The status changes from "Acceptance" to "Decision" or "Card Production" on the day after you do the interview or shortly thereafter.

So the status on USCIS website is useless :))
Not really... it actually gives you the chance to track your green card once it is mailed after your case approval. They will update your case on the website very frequently once your case is approved (sometimes more than once a day), informing you when your case was approved, when they ordered production of the green card, when USPS picked your green card for delivery, and when your green card was delivered. That way, if the website says that your green card was delivered and you did not receive it in the mail, you can call them and let them know that you have not received your green card. So it is kinda useful, but at the later stage of your case, not at this stage.

Biometrics Notification :((

Guys,
We have not received our biometrics notification yet. We are starting to worry about it...Does anyone know,if it is possible to call USCIS customer service and ask whether biometrics date was assigned to us or not...What you advise us to do..wait??? :(

Guys,
We have not received our biometrics notification yet. We are starting to worry about it...Does anyone know,if it is possible to call USCIS customer service and ask whether biometrics date was assigned to us or not...What you advise us to do..wait??? :(

You should receive it next week I think. If not I would call them on Friday..

Guys,

I only received my biometrics appointment 3 weeks after receiving the acceptance letter. So, in some cases, it does take time to get your biometrics appointment, especially if your Application Support Center (ASC) is a busy one. The USCIS customer service center will not be able to help you if you call them now. They will only be able to help you if you have not gotten your biometrics appointment 30 days after the acceptance of your I-485 application. So my advice for you is to be patient and just wait.

New to the forums

Hi everyone,

First off these forums have been most helpful to a DV novice like myself. Here's my story - I applied for for the 2012 DV and checked in May'11 and found out I was rejected. A few weeks back I decided to log in for kicks and I was shocked to see my application was actually accepted. Given that I had a little over 3 months to get everything done, I started gathering the paperwork for my application. I've decided to go the AOS route and have paid the DV fees and sent my AOS package on the 14th of this month.

I have a few questions,

1) How do you get notified about your biometrics appointment & interview - it is via email or actual postal mail? I'm stressing out about this because the mail to my place gets delivered hopelessly late for some reason.

2) Has anyone ever switched from AOS to CP midway through the process? I'm starting to consider this as an option and if anyone has some advice/feedback it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

hello all!

i just received my new Green Card in the mail on Saturday, i cant believe how smoothly it all went!! i thought i had a high number for europe but turns out i was current already in april and sent my application in only when i was current. USCIS moved so quickly on my application i was actually shocked! in the same envelope that i got my receipt notice that they had received my application i already got the appointment letter for biometrics, then a week later my interview letter came in the mail!

the only little mishap was that during my interview the lady noticed that the doctor had forgot to fill in one box on the medical forms but i was able to the same day go and get her a new form..

something for those of you still waiting, my online status stayed in the acceptance phase for the longest time.. it wasnt until two weeks after my interview that it changed to decision and i could tell that they had approved my green card..then from thereit went to post decision.document production within a couple days.

good luck to everyone!!!

also i wanted to add something interesting/funny.. i was so nervous about this whole process but have felt one benefit of living in RI where government workers are known to bend the rules. anyway, in my interview the interviewing official didn't even care that she had not received anything from KCC, she just asked for my lottery confirmation number and went on the state.gov site to check to see that my confirmation number really was a winning number. right then and there she said you'll be approved :D

also i wanted to add something interesting/funny.. i was so nervous about this whole process but have felt one benefit of living in RI where government workers are known to bend the rules. anyway, in my interview the interviewing official didn't even care that she had not received anything from KCC, she just asked for my lottery confirmation number and went on the state.gov site to check to see that my confirmation number really was a winning number. right then and there she said you'll be approved :D

Congratulations :)

hello all!

i just received my new Green Card in the mail on Saturday, i cant believe how smoothly it all went!! i thought i had a high number for europe but turns out i was current already in april and sent my application in only when i was current. USCIS moved so quickly on my application i was actually shocked! in the same envelope that i got my receipt notice that they had received my application i already got the appointment letter for biometrics, then a week later my interview letter came in the mail!

the only little mishap was that during my interview the lady noticed that the doctor had forgot to fill in one box on the medical forms but i was able to the same day go and get her a new form..

something for those of you still waiting, my online status stayed in the acceptance phase for the longest time.. it wasnt until two weeks after my interview that it changed to decision and i could tell that they had approved my green card..then from thereit went to post decision.document production within a couple days.

good luck to everyone!!!

Pretty fast! Congrats!!:)

Congrats

hello all!

i just received my new Green Card in the mail on Saturday, i cant believe how smoothly it all went!! i thought i had a high number for europe but turns out i was current already in april and sent my application in only when i was current.
good luck to everyone!!!

Many congrats japan,
Could you please share your interview experience. What docs and questions they asked during interview. Did they already have your I-485 package?

Many congrats japan,
Could you please share your interview experience. What docs and questions they asked during interview. Did they already have your I-485 package?

Thanks a lot everyone!!

My interview was very straight forward. She already had my I-485 in front of her and she said everything looked good. The only things she asked me to show her were my RI driver's license and passport. She got through asking me all the questions on the I-485 form, you know "do you plan to engage in prostitution?" etc etc.. and she got to the medical form and said the only thing is that the doctor forgot to mark one box on the medical form so i had to get a new one. this was not a big deal as the doctor was just 5 minutes down the road so after my interview i just went and got a new one and brought it right back to her... anyway the last thing she said was that she had not heard back from KCC so she asked if i had my confirmation number from when i entered the lottery and i gave it to her, she said she just wanted to make sure my lottery letter was legitimate and once she confirmed it she said i would be approved.

it took two weeks after the interview for my status to change online from "acceptance" to "decision"..