• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Friends,
I got a little worried about the emails we received yesterday...They have mentioned in the email that "Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you"

Is that normal if they process the case like this? I they have to send everything to local USCIS directly? What decision they mean? What does it mean? Please . . .

How about you JAPAKAK? Did you get the same thing? all of your texts and emails you gor are the same?

Thank you.

We got 4 emails and 4 txt messages,but the content of the emails and txt messages was not the same. In messages, it was only writtent that our application was received and case number was assigned to it,and that we will receive hard copy in the mail. The content of the email is similar to yours,but we do not have the line "You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you"[/B].
I think, it is not so important.. what was the subject of the email that you received from USCIS? is it"USCIS Acceptance Confirmation"? was yours and your wife's case number written in email and messages?did you check your status online?
By the way, we got 4 emails and 4 messages because, there in total 4 different case numbers that were assigned to us. 2 case numbers for I485 application and 2 for EAD,for both my husband and me.

Friends,
I got a little worried about the emails we received yesterday...They have mentioned in the email that "Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you"

Is that normal if they process the case like this? I they have to send everything to local USCIS directly? What decision they mean? What does it mean? Please . . .

How about you JAPAKAK? Did you get the same thing? all of your texts and emails you gor are the same?

Thank you.

Rainyman999
I have just checked case number online, and noticed that the line You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you"[/B] is written there. So, we do not have this line in emails,but we do have it on the online case status page...
So do not worry..I think these emails and what is written online is a standard thing..

check

checks are usually cached 2-3 days after notification. Today, I went for walk-in biometric and this time I could get it done.

How can we check whether AOS and biometrics checks were cashed?we sent AOS and biometrics fee via money order...

Rainyman999
I have just checked case number online, and noticed that the line You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you"[/B] is written there. So, we do not have this line in emails,but we do have it on the online case status page...
So do not worry..I think these emails and what is written online is a standard thing..

Thank you JAPAKAK, I think the next steps will pass smoothly :), I hope everyone will get his/her GC very very soooooooooon :)

I have a question..
My husband is under F1 visa and he is a primary applicant.So should we prepare affidavit of support?
Is there anyone in this forum who was asked during the interview for the original document of high school diploma but did not have it...
I know that there were some cases where officer did not ask for high school diploma...But my concern is, what if we will be asked for it and we will not be able to present it...then what??will we fail interview or will the officer put us on waiting list,until we send him the high school diploma...
any suggestion is appreciated..

Hello
I got another infopass this morning and finally learned what my other A file probably is about....
Offier told me tht it's from 2005. In 2005 I applied for a change of status from F1 to J1. At that time I was assigned an A number. Today when I looked at my A number which is on my green card related uscis papers, I see the same A number that assigned me back in 2005.... So i m pretty sure that is it. Related or not related, since it was filed at uccis, they want to see it too.
I was told it was ordered and might take 1-2 weeks...
Anyone experienced a similar issue, a previous application to change status in the old times and dv lottery case ?....

Thanks!

I went for my interview today, and the officer told me that the files are not here yet from DOS, once the files get to us we will approve your case. I asked how long it might take, she said it all depends on mailing, USCIS mailing is really slow from DOS to Fieldoffice, she told me as we get your file, you should except GC in 2 weeks.

One thing she said was, the complete DV file should be wrapped in Brown binder, and mine was in Green.

Have you online status changed?

AS201237xxx
Current in May,
Mailed application to Chicago 5/1
Walk in bio on 5/15 actual 5/24
Interview 6/15
Waiting game begins.

filing receipt

I have sent my package to USCIS May 30, and they received it June first. But I did'n't receive any e-notification or text. I'm so worry about that :(

Info-pass

We became bored of waiting for the interview date, so today we went for an info pass just to say greetings and goodbye to the officers!
That was all happened !

Thanks to God, we received email and messages regarding the acceptance of our application. My husband is a primary applicant,that is why only he received email and txt. By the way, USCIS sent 4 emails and 4 txt messages...
So now we will be waiting for NOA.
I hope, EYW979's application will be accepted as well...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Unfortunately i been rejected for the second time and that's make me very mad because they said that my winning letter was not authorized from DOS because when i print my winning letter i printed in the same date i sent the package and the date on the winning letter was 5/1/2011 as every one know the date change when they release the new result but all of sudden in the same day i received my rejected package i check the web site to print another winning letter and i found the date change to 7/15/2011 so immediately i attached to same package and resend it in 6/11/2012 arrived 6/13/2012 and still waiting

hopefully they will accepted again

what?

You went there by infopass but I did not understand what happened there!!

We became bored of waiting for the interview date, so today we went for an info pass just to say greetings and goodbye to the officers!
That was all happened !

info-pass

You went there by infopass but I did not understand what happened there!!

We wanted to know if they they have requested for our KCC file. The officer didn't checked my file to give a clear answer. She just asked us to wait till the interview date. BTW we didn't really expect anything special out of it. It was just an excuse to have a short vacation in that city!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Unfortunately i been rejected for the second time and that's make me very mad because they said that my winning letter was not authorized from DOS because when i print my winning letter i printed in the same date i sent the package and the date on the winning letter was 5/1/2011 as every one know the date change when they release the new result but all of sudden in the same day i received my rejected package i check the web site to print another winning letter and i found the date change to 7/15/2011 so immediately i attached to same package and resend it in 6/11/2012 arrived 6/13/2012 and still waiting

hopefully they will accepted again

Bummer! You have the right to be mad since it wasn't your mistake! I am glad the website changed the date back to 7/15/2011 and you were able to retrieve that copy. Good luck - hope things will go smoothly from here on!

Boimetric Appointment

Amazingly we got our biometric appointment today for the next week!
But mine is different from my wife who is main applicant! Hers is next week but mine is scheduled for two weeks later!

Can we go together so I can do it by walk-in bio?

Thank you.

biometric

rainyman999,

I would highly suggest you to do it together. Go early on the appointment day and talk to them.

Amazingly we got our biometric appointment today for the next week!
But mine is different from my wife who is main applicant! Hers is next week but mine is scheduled for two weeks later!

Can we go together so I can do it by walk-in bio?

Thank you.

Biometric appointment

rainyman999,

I would highly suggest you to do it together. Go early on the appointment day and talk to them.

Thank you mhamzeh, what should I tell them? If they don't allow us to take biometric together what would be the outcomes? I mean about the interview date and time! Thank you.

Walk-in Biometrics

Thank you mhamzeh, what should I tell them? If they don't allow us to take biometric together what would be the outcomes? I mean about the interview date and time! Thank you.

It is called a walk-in bio and it happens all the time. Don't tell them anything about being early, etc. Just say that you need to get your biometrics done. Try to go just before they close the office. Where I live they close at 4:30pm and I was there at 4:10pm or so. The place was DESERTED. They didn't even look at the date of my appointment (i was 2 weeks early). You fill out a form with your previous addresses and full name and other info, they will take your picture, your signature and fingerprints of all 10 fingers. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.

Make sure to be careful cooking and such the days before you go. You will not be able to get biometrics done if you have a cut in your fingerprints or something like that. The officer will ask you to show him/her your hands before they proceed. Good Luck!

-SA

rainyman999

rainyman999,

I share my experience of walk-in biometric with you so you can decide yourself. I went to do bio 2days after I received the appointment (17 days latter) letter. It was about 13:00pm. The officer asked me for the appointment letter and he told me why you are here now, you appointment is in 17 days. I told him, well, I am asking because I have only 4 months to complete everything or I wont get greencard. So he called a manager there and they said you are ok, come back on appointment day. So I left but I tried once more after 7 days. This time I was there at 9:15 am.
The officer personally told me that last time, you were late and it is usually very busy here, so we did not let you in. This time, it is not too busy so let me try if the manager let you in. Eventually, I get it done there with no problem.

For me, getting there early when it is not busy helped. You have a better reason to do so because your wife is going to do biometric on that date so there is no reason that they dont let you do it. Just in case, get there early in the morning, and ask them. I found them nice and helpful. I hope you find them so.

Goodluck