• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

interview letter

Hi guys
today we received biometrics letter. but it is for the 3rd week of July.so we are planning for walk in bio.
I have a question though..
I know that walk in bio does not speed up the process, but it only affects EAD.
is bio appointment somehow related to interview letter?I mean, is it possible to expedite the case(requesting for earlier interview date) by calling local USCIS office and KCC?How long does it usually take to get interview letter after the biometrics is done?
to rainyman: what have you done guys?did you have your bio along with your wife's appointment?have you received interview letter?
BEST

Interview

After two days from our interview with a very serious officer , I see no change in the status. Still "Acceptance"...
The guy told us he's gonna take a look at our background check and we may hear "something" in 30 days.

Hi every one I really need urgent help from every one of you friends

My application been rejected for the third time for the same reason which is " You have submitted a notice not authorized from DOS please check the www.dvlottery.state.gov "

I print the winning letter from the website with the date of 7/15/2011
I include also the letter from KCC when I ask them to do AOS they send me letter but without the logo only my info and the barcode so I think this letter the problem any one has any idea please

Hi every one I really need urgent help from every one of you friends

My application been rejected for the third time for the same reason which is " You have submitted a notice not authorized from DOS please check the www.dvlottery.state.gov "

I print the winning letter from the website with the date of 7/15/2011
I include also the letter from KCC when I ask them to do AOS they send me letter but without the logo only my info and the barcode so I think this letter the problem any one has any idea please

EYW979,
Make an infopass appointment at nearest local USCIS as soon as possible!! they will let you know what to do...and they will tell you why it has happened!

Hi guys
today we received biometrics letter. but it is for the 3rd week of July.so we are planning for walk in bio.
is bio appointment somehow related to interview letter?I mean, is it possible to expedite the case(requesting for earlier interview date) by calling local USCIS office and KCC?How long does it usually take to get interview letter after the biometrics is done?
to rainyman: what have you done guys?did you have your bio along with your wife's appointment?have you received interview letter?
BEST

Japakak,
We did our biometric last Wednesday without any problem, I did walk-in! but still waiting for interview letter...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Timing

Hello,

I do not think you expedite the interview. Cases are handled in the order they are accepted. The only thing that you can do earlier is the biometrics, provided that you have your biometrics letter with you. This greatly depends on your FO's policy. I had no trouble doing it at the Orlando field office.

You can check the approximate time that it will take to process the I-485 here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Hi guys
BEST

Hi guys,
I have checked the timelines of my FO, and unfortunately it has very long processing time.I am worried that visa numbers will be exhausted very early...Have you heard of any case,where DV winner requested from his/her FO for an earlier interview appointment during the infopass?
does anyone know whether there was anyone in the past whose application was rejected due to unavailability of visa numbers?
BEST

eiecution tueenso

Hi guys,
I have checked the timelines of my FO, and unfortunately it has very long processing time.I am worried that visa numbers will be exhausted very early...Have you heard of any case,where DV winner requested from his/her FO for an earlier interview appointment during the infopass?
does anyone know whether there was anyone in the past whose application was rejected due to unavailability of visa numbers?
BEST

In the past years winners with high CNs were given the visa even at September, while we still have 3 months left. So lets hope that this year it will be same. As for infopass to talk about the interview date I don't think it will hurt your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
everything went fine

Hi folks,
I just wanted to let all of you know I had my interview on the 19th of june and got welcome letter last thursday.
and on friday I received my green card.

congratulations to all who already received their cards and good luck to those who are on their way.

-realtalk

Spreadsheet

Congratulations to all of you that have your visas. For the rest of us, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. We have another 90 days to go.

The DV AOS community has maintained a spreadsheet to track their progress in previous years. Do we have one for this year? It'd be a good idea to maintain this in addition to our signatures so we have a snapshot of everyone's progress (timelines, FOs etc.)

A#

Alien Number was assigned to me when I applied for OPT long time ago. It can be found on my old expired EAD card. The same number can be found on the I-797C Approval Notice for my H1B (current status). I put this number in all "A#" fields in I-485/I-693/I-765.

That is correct. You will be assigned a new A#, much different than your OPT A#.
I did provide my OPT A# too in those forms and now have a new A# which will be the number on the face of your GC.

That is correct. You will be assigned a new A#, much different than your OPT A#.
I did provide my OPT A# too in those forms and now have a new A# which will be the number on the face of your GC.

Thanks so much singhaikola!!

Realtalk & aosF1, congrats!

Hi guys,
BEST

I was thinking the same before I read like last 30 pages of the last year's forum http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?312270-DV-2011-AOS-Only. It's a lot but it's worth reading.
Though I cant assure you, I think we will be fine. The announced processing time on the website scares you but it is my understanding that DV winners are the expedited cases and it does not follow the rules.

PPCK8
we were assigned the same date for the biometrics. are you going to wait until 19th?or do you plan doing walk in?

PPCK8
we were assigned the same date for the biometrics. are you going to wait until 19th?or do you plan doing walk in?

I took a half day off from work for the stuff I have to do near the ASC this Thursday the 5th. I will try to see if they let me in. I live in Atlanta area. I will let you know how it goes.

My case has been approved mine and my husband's.
I had my interview on june 6th and today we got our sms and email notifications that our cases has been registered as permanent .....
I thank you all for your help, encouragement an good wishes thru this journey.
I hope everyone will get approved soon.
Happy 4th everyone!

Approval

My case has been approved mine and my husband's.
I had my interview on june 6th and today we got our sms and email notifications that our cases has been registered as permanent .....
I thank you all for your help, encouragement an good wishes thru this journey.
I hope everyone will get approved soon.
Happy 4th everyone!

Glad to hear that you are getting to the end of the journey successfully.
My case is also like yours in that I have to wait another one month after my interview. At the end of our interview the officer told us he needs to take a look at our back ground files and it would take another 30 days !!! I asked him if my KCC file has been received and he was like "What is KCC file" !?

I guess I am the first DV case in the history of this small FO. I called KCC and was told that my KCC file has not been requested yet and I have to make an infopass. However during infopass the officers are really unwilling to give any information regarding my case, just saying that the average possessing time in this FO is 4 months, go and wait. This is just getting embarrassing !!