Attached is the Complaint we have filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I would like to thank Rajiv and his team for filing law suit on our behalf.

Also I'm happy about the support from the community.

Re: Re: A FEW POINTS

Originally posted by feb6361
Cinta,

There are so many cases of EB I-485 cases got transferred to MSC including my case with RD 01/22/2002. My case got transferred from VSC to MSC on 10/29/2003 and no news after that and haven't received transferred noticed also.

Thanks

You should be right and I am right also! Officially from USCIS, the designation for MSC is different. To include it, we need OFFICIAL USCIS document/memo wrt the MSC use. Unfortunately, I have not seen any. Maybe it is also used as a Local Service Center. I am sure Rajiv will take a look at this. It is certainly another desparate dirty trick in use by UACIS.Transfers anywhere.
Try find something regarding the MSC operations.

Originally posted by Jharkhandi
Rajiv Sir,

That is a wonderful step from your side. It is a great job. I cannot find words for your benevolence.

Can you have another one for 140 too?

Tussi great ho!!! Keep it up.

If you read the posts you will get some information on I-140. There is Concurrent processing after the LC is approved. There is also a recent DOL decision (funding 100 million) to eliminate the LC Backlogs. So, given the fact that the LC Backlogs have a proposed solution and one can file Concurrently,

THE PROBLEM IS THE I-485 BACKLOGS.

Actually if nothing is done, and the LC backlog problem is solved then the I-485 will get worse.
Another reason for the immediate attention to I-485 backlogs (EB-based).

Originally posted by Jharkhandi
OK first one from my side (No one can ever beat a Jharkhandi):

New York Times:
news-tips@nytimes.com
Area : NY, NJ, CT

Star Ledger:
Tom Curran
Assistant Managing Editor / Investigations
Phone:973-392-4003
E-mail:tcurran@starledger.com
Area: NJ

New Jersey Press Association
840 Bear Tavern Road,
Suite 305, West Trenton, NJ 08628-1019
609-406-0600 / fax 609-406-0300

Let me know when we need to send the details and what all details?

Is there any way we can start a Excel Sheet to note the address and stuffs. What all fields we should have in that sheet.

Thanks Rajiv for your effort!

I have a question, when will the defendants ever reply us? When will they be notified?

Originally posted by cinta
If you read the posts you will get some information on I-140. There is Concurrent processing after the LC is approved. There is also a recent DOL decision (funding 100 million) to eliminate the LC Backlogs. So, given the fact that the LC Backlogs have a proposed solution and one can file Concurrently,

THE PROBLEM IS THE I-485 BACKLOGS.

Actually if nothing is done, and the LC backlog problem is solved then the I-485 will get worse.
Another reason for the immediate attention to I-485 backlogs (EB-based).

Not True.

If nothing is done, and the LC backlog problem is solved then the I-140 and I-485 both will get worse, Not only I-485

:cool:

Taking up only the caseof I485 backlog is strategically good because we can argue that these people are all having an approved I140 and they are just waiting for adjustment of status. Once I485 backlog problem is solved, then we can take up I140 problem. This lawsuit is a result of the big discussions that were going on in I485 forums for the past 4 or 5 months.

Media Attention

There is a strong feeling in the Core Action Team that we should hold the idea of contacting the mainstream media about the lawsuit. The inclination is towards educating the ethnic and immigration pro media about the lawsuit first.

We can discuss the pros and cons of giving publicity to Lawsuit in the main stream media once Rajiv returns from Canada.

Originally posted by dilhem
Not True.

If nothing is done, and the LC backlog problem is solved then the I-140 and I-485 both will get worse, Not only I-485

:cool:

You do not seem to understand. In this case you will need another lawyer, maybe yours, to file another class action for I-140 delays/backlogs.
You were given the arguments in PLAIN ENGLISH.
FILE CONCURRENT, so your time for I-140 is counting towards I-485. The DOL has allocated 100 million for LC backlog reduction. Under these circumstances only existing I-140 will "suffer".

Hope is that this time you will get it better.

cinta,

Your argument doesn't help. Yes people are willing to go for 485 issue. However 140 issue is tough one esp in East Coast.

Please have some control over your posts if you do not want us to deviate from issues. We can certainly be more accomodating for views.

And yes let me repeat 140 is a issue. People always do not have option to file concurrent - sometimes employers do not let them do it either.

Now if you may allow - we can address 485 problem.

Hope you get the point from correct perspective.

Thanks Rajiv ji..

We are very much thankful to you and to your staff and we are going to make it. We
Thanks for your support and precious time.
Best wishes.

Thank you Rajivji,

Every one of us had talked much about the delay and became upset to the core too. Nevertheless, nothing was done in the correct direction except interchanging some consolances.

You have done a constructive, efficient, progressive work.

All of our wishes and greetings to you.

GREAT SOUL YOU ARE.

File case for I-140 also

Rajiv,

Thanks a lot for making this happen.

I have always appreciated your efforts in the past for all the petitions filed on behalf of ailing Employment based Community for labour certifications and I-485.

I think it is also the time to inform BCIS about the I-140 backlog. This is because, if I-485 is delayed and I-140 is approved, in that case, the person can change the jobs using AC-21. He can smell bit of freedom. But now, even the I-140 is taking 12-18 months to approve. In that case, I think we should also file a case for I-140 also.

Thanks for your work.

- Honeybee

Re: Media Attention

Originally posted by rk4gc
There is a strong feeling in the Core Action Team that we should hold the idea of contacting the mainstream media about the lawsuit. The inclination is towards educating the ethnic and immigration pro media about the lawsuit first.

We can discuss the pros and cons of giving publicity to Lawsuit in the main stream media once Rajiv returns from Canada.

Too late! Go ahead and contact as many as you want..Ethnic and mainstream. A class action suit is a press/media event. No cons, no pros.

Follow other threads also like "Follow Up to the Law suit"

Re: Re: Media Attention

Originally posted by cinta
Too late! Go ahead and contact as many as you want..Ethnic and mainstream. A class action suit is a press/media event. No cons, no pros.

Follow other threads also like "Follow Up to the Law suit"
I see that :), anyway lets go ahead then.

USCIS's response

Observation from the class action in illinois. It appears that the first step the USCIS takes is to adjudicate pending case and then argue that the issues are moot. They may adjudicate the I-485 application on the representative plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit filed on December 22, 2003. Afterwards, then, Attorney General may file a motion to dismiss arguing that the issues are moot.

Mr.Khanna I`m proud to let you know that I commend the steps you have taken.

I happen to be among those who have been victimized by BCIS.
I filled I-485 in 1998,up to this day I have not adjusted status,like other applicants I have been ordered to fill out the biographical form, and other notices, now BCIS is demanding that I should fill form AR-11 yet they have been corresponding with me on the same address.

Now I`m confused I don`t know what address I should give them.

Alltogether I got 7 notices demanding that i should reply otherwise loose my status.

urgent suggestions needed

Hi,
I have some questions ragarding the processing of I 140 and I485. My company has just started the GC application (They just gave the first set of adver. in early Dec). I am settled in Wyoming, so I expect my labour to be cleared very soon. I am not able to judge the processing times for I485 and I140. I dont know under which category would Wyoming fall and how long does that category take for the processing of I485 and I140 ??
Also, the next question is , once the company files for my I485 and I140,,when can I change my status ? , I want to pursue my MBA so I would have to go back to school again. SO the question is what would happen to my GC processing ?? When would be the safe period for me to apply to schools so that I dont jeopardize my GC processings ? Please reply ASAP as I need to get deferment from the school if that is what it takes to save my GC processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.