Attached is the Complaint we have filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jharkhandi/Cinta
Could you please help to understand the meaning of "Initial Filling of the Application" referred in the para-51 of the PDF-attachment regarding AC21.
Does it include I-140?
Thanks

cinta and jharkand

If both of you do not mind, can you take your argument offline. Please save us the hassle of reading your post if you want to rant against each other.

What about Texas Service center???

I don't see any plaintiff from texas service center...which is THE most notorious of all the service centers...IT SUCKS big time with delays of more than 2 years on I-485.
Compared to Texas the rest of the service centers are heaven..:(
Hope it is not like since there are no plaintiffs from texas service center....nothing would happpen to the applications pending there..!!!!

No more personal comments please

We need to focus on the tasks at hand.

I care nothing about nationality. We are all the same: Indian, Greek, Malaysian, Chinese, American.... We do not have to like each other, but we will have to respect each other. So let it go.

No more personal comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Mr. Khanna

I am one of the plaintiffs in this Class action lawsuit (Dr. Ram K Grandhi) and I apologize for not posting till now to show my gratitude. Thank you for taking interest in my case and recommending my name to India abroad newspaper to interview me regarding this case (There is no article regarding this lawsuit this week but may be next week). While they asked me the usual questions, I strongly recommended them to write about choosing a right lawyer. This is the summary of my recommendation “While choosing an immigration lawyer, make sure he will represent you. Represent does not mean filing papers (like my current idiot lawyer) rather it means taking action (like this lawsuit) when your client is in trouble. Any idiot can file papers (heck, even I can do it) but your immigration lawyer should be aggressive and should have the balls to take USCIS head on. I also urge people who are in their initial stages or planning to apply for green card soon to seek an immigration lawyer with immigrant back ground like us. They understand the hardships faced by us because they have gone through this before". My receipt date is April 2001 and still waiting for my approval. While I am not expecting any miracles, this is a step in the right direction. Mr. Khanna and his team are top notch professionals and it was a pleasure to deal with them. I was impressed by their punctuality and attention to details. Thank you once again

Re: Thank you Mr. Khanna

Originally posted by grandhirk
I am one of the plaintiffs in this Class action lawsuit (Dr. Ram K Grandhi) and I apologize for not posting till now to show my gratitude. Thank you for taking interest in my case and recommending my name to India abroad newspaper to interview me regarding this case (There is no article regarding this lawsuit this week but may be next week). While they asked me the usual questions, I strongly recommended them to write about choosing a right lawyer. This is the summary of my recommendation “While choosing an immigration lawyer, make sure he will represent you. Represent does not mean filing papers (like my current idiot lawyer) rather it means taking action (like this lawsuit) when your client is in trouble. Any idiot can file papers (heck, even I can do it) but your immigration lawyer should be aggressive and should have the balls to take USCIS head on. I also urge people who are in their initial stages or planning to apply for green card soon to seek an immigration lawyer with immigrant back ground like us. They understand the hardships faced by us because they have gone through this before". My receipt date is April 2001 and still waiting for my approval. While I am not expecting any miracles, this is a step in the right direction. Mr. Khanna and his team are top notch professionals and it was a pleasure to deal with them. I was impressed by their punctuality and attention to details. Thank you once again

Your encouragement means a lot to all of us, Doctor Grandhi. Thank you.

Re: No more personal comments please

Originally posted by operations
We need to focus on the tasks at hand.

I care nothing about nationality. We are all the same: India, Greek, Malaysian, Chinese. We do not have to like each other, but we will have to respect each other. So let it go.

No more personal comments.

Rajiv,

This forum for the better or the worse has been referenced in the Petition, lawsuit, Press and other places. Unfortunately, it needs a make-over to be a true representation of a significant portion of the immigrant community. The moderators are doing a poor job in filtering and therefore the forum looks like a litter and begging station very often. Much work is needed in this area also. The lawsuit by itself is only 50% of the business. The other 50% is on everyone who visits this place and the actions taken. I spent more time on correcting people than actually doing some more meaningful work and frankly I do not think is fair to myself and the community at large.

Thank you - can this include labor certifications?

I wish to thank Mr.Gandhi,Mr.Rajiv Khanna and all the other plaintiffs for taking this step.Can there be another litigation filed against the labor department for the unduly excessive delays suffered by labor certifications?I am waiting for 28 months for my labor clearance in Atlanta and would like to do something about this. Please let me know if such a litigation can be filed against the department of labor. I would also be glad to help in any which way I can to support the action for labor certification litigation as also the current action.
All the best and hope we finally achieve what we set out for ...pursuit of happiness...and get out of this bonded labor and slavery.

Thank You
Lrugnevm

Re: Re: No more personal comments please

Originally posted by cinta
Rajiv,

This forum for the better or the worse has been referenced in the Petition, lawsuit, Press and other places. Unfortunately, it needs a make-over to be a true representation of a significant portion of the immigrant community. The moderators are doing a poor job in filtering and therefore the forum looks like a litter and begging station very often. Much work is needed in this area also. The lawsuit by itself is only 50% of the business. The other 50% is on everyone who visits this place and the actions taken. I spent more time on correcting people than actually doing some more meaningful work and frankly I do not think is fair to myself and the community at large.

Thank you.
I agree about the overhaul part. I disagree about moderation. These folks are volunteers - doing the best they can, receiving nothing in return.

Give me concrete suggestions. Start a thread here:

http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=13

I will make sure the right direction is followed.

I do truly appreciate your comments. Take care.

Apologies for the "slavery"

Hi, For all those who found "slavery" politically incorrect, although it doesnt appear that way on reflection
Thank you
lrugnevm

Re: Thank you - can this include labor certifications?

Originally posted by lrugnevm
I wish to thank Mr.Gandhi,Mr.Rajiv Khanna and all the other plaintiffs for taking this step.Can there be another litigation filed against the labor department for the unduly excessive delays suffered by labor certifications?I am waiting for 28 months for my labor clearance in Atlanta and would like to do something about this. Please let me know if such a litigation can be filed against the department of labor. I would also be glad to help in any which way I can to support the action for labor certification litigation as also the current action.
All the best and hope we finally achieve what we set out for ...pursuit of happiness...and get out of this bonded labor and slavery.

Thank You
Lrugnevm

We are being given HIGH hopes that PERM will take care of the backlogs. Also, DOL is actively taking steps to eliminate backlogs (unlike CIS).

Thank You

Mr. Khanna,

Thank you very much for all the efforts you made. I am very happy to see that USCIS is sued, even though my case could be further delayed because of the lawsuit.

Could you please also sue the district offices? My case was filed to VSC in March 2002. It was transferred to Philadelphia in September 2003. Philadelphia office told me that they will treat my case as newly filed and ignoring the 1.5 years wasted in VSC.

Now more and more cases are transferred. The service centers can clear the backlog very easily by transfering all the pending cases. According to their theory, the receipt date is reset after the transfer.

Thanks again!

Re: Thank You

Originally posted by yellowcard
Mr. Khanna,

Thank you very much for all the efforts you made. I am very happy to see that USCIS is sued, even though my case could be further delayed because of the lawsuit.

Could you please also sue the district offices? My case was filed to VSC in March 2002. It was transferred to Philadelphia in September 2003. Philadelphia office told me that they will treat my case as newly filed and ignoring the 1.5 years wasted in VSC.

Now more and more cases are transferred. The service centers can clear the backlog very easily by transfering all the pending cases. According to their theory, the receipt date is reset after the transfer.

Thanks again!

Remind me in two weeks. Once the core action team comes back from holidays, I will like us to start collecting actual data on how long the local offices are taking.

Re: Thank You

Originally posted by yellowcard
Mr. Khanna,

Thanks again!

Transfers are the worst example of the lack of transparency at the USCIS. There is no SOP directive, no explanation and no justification from their part. It is also unfair when compared with the cases that are adjudicated in the Service Center and the local offices have backlogs also. The reset of the RD may also be unfair as newly filed cases may be transferred before later cases.
Lately, this trend has increased for unknown reasons (way to clear backlogs?) in several Service Centers including VSC and CSC.

Re: Re: Thank You

Originally posted by cinta
Transfers are the worst example of the lack of transparency at the USCIS. There is no SOP directive, no explanation and no justification from their part. It is also unfair when compared with the cases that are adjudicated in the Service Center and the local offices have backlogs also. The reset of the RD may also be unfair as newly filed cases may be transferred before later cases.
Lately, this trend has increased for unknown reasons (way to clear backlogs?) in several Service Centers including VSC and CSC.

Lack of publicly known SOP is highly objectionable. I agree. I will make sure to bring that up somewhere along the line.

Great work

Thanks Rajeev and Team for the Holiday gift.

Great work. BTW, usually how long it will take to start hearings ?

Thanks.

False Processing times.

Thanks Rajiv for all the troubles your are taking to bring justice.

Also, In section VI FACTS Number 40 of PDF document you have included the BCIS hotlink which gives the USICS processing time report.

Actually, they were published in such a way that a lot advanced dates are given by the district directors as currently processing dates where as the actual processing dates are far behind.

For an example If we take the Columbus, OH district office processing time report for N400 applications currently processing date is shown as MARCH 30, 2002 (Posted on Dec 15, 2002 on the web). But if you go and ask them on the counter what is the N400 priority date they are currently processing the answer is Late Aug/ Sep 2001. This date they are telling on the counter for the past 5 months.

So, for the past 5 months the officers are telling that they are processing Aug/Sep 2001 but on the web they are misleading the public, lawyers, lawmakers that they are processing March 20, 2002.

I would appreciate if you could expose this corrupted practice
practised by the district directors at the courts.

Re: False Processing times.

Originally posted by PRABHA2000
Thanks Rajiv for all the troubles your are taking to bring justice.

Also, In section VI FACTS Number 40 of PDF document you have included the BCIS hotlink which gives the USICS processing time report.

Actually, they were published in such a way that a lot advanced dates are given by the district directors as currently processing dates where as the actual processing dates are far behind.

For an example If we take the Columbus, OH district office processing time report for N400 applications currently processing date is shown as MARCH 30, 2002 (Posted on Dec 15, 2002 on the web). But if you go and ask them on the counter what is the N400 priority date they are currently processing the answer is Late Aug/ Sep 2001. This date they are telling on the counter for the past 5 months.

So, for the past 5 months the officers are telling that they are processing Aug/Sep 2001 but on the web they are misleading the public, lawyers, lawmakers that they are processing March 20, 2002.

I would appreciate if you could expose this corrupted practice
practised by the district directors at the courts.

Thanks. I will remember that.

VSC has issued an Notice for Market Research to transfer the work currently done by 1100 VSC FullTime Staff to private commercial companies. The Market Research is to study if there are private sources available to do the job that is currently being handled solely by USCIS. The work is as detailed below

"The purpose of this notice is to provide formal public announcement that seeks to identify potential sources to provide various citizenship and immigration information services. The competition will include work currently performed by Immigration Information Officers and Contact Representatives. The work includes providing a broad range of information services to customers with respect to citizenship and immigration benefits, options for applying for benefits, and related procedures and services. The work being opened to competition is currently completed by Government employees. The number of in-house full time employees (FTE) and estimated dollar value of contract support likely to be included in the scope of competition is approximately 1100 FTE with no subcontract support. "

With my previous experience, this is just a formal kind of paper work, but finally the work stays with the government only. I hope this information is of some use. This is solely issued by USCIS VSC and for only VSC. The information was a long one, but i have edited to make it short and precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.