Attached is the Complaint we have filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is this a "Class Action Law Suite?"

Originally posted by smisra
This is truly inspiring. It is easy to feel hopeless and frustrated. What matters is action. I wish I had Rajiv as my lawyer when I started my GC.

Rajiv, thank you and hopefully you (we all, the aspiring immigrants) win.

Kind regards,
Satya Misra
I-485 Filing Date: Oct 15, 2002
I-485 Notice Date: Oct 21, 2002

p.s. How can I support you? I am a Sales and Marketing guy. I can especially help with Public Relations campaign.

Yes, it is a class action. We have requested that the court treat us as a class. The determination will be made by Judge Robertson in time.

As to what you can do, use your PR skills and help us. :)

Re: Thanks and may the force be with us!

Originally posted by DaoMingTze2
Thanks to Rajiv, Homa and everyone else behind this effort. It is amazing that all of us not knowing each other, can get together online and organize this effort. Hopefully this lawsuit would bring more attention to our cause, and inspire the community to c\voice out.

I am currently reading a book by Studs Terkel, Hope Dies Last. It is a truly inspiring book about daring ordinary people who individually and collectively change their community and ultimately the nation through social activism. I highly recommend it!

I am humbled by the wonder of it all, indeed. Community lends great strength.

Please wait

Originally posted by compudada
How about including I-140 delays in this lawsuit? It's taking more than 12 months at Vermont Service Center.

These delays are still not as heinous as the 485 delays. Let us wait on this a bit.

Re: Thanks Rajiv; Comments on Relief from court

Originally posted by 485Alcatraz
Thank you Rajiv and all your team for the unrelenting pursuit of justice. One cannot help but choke up while reading through the filing because it puts words to our suffering, individual and collective. Thanks again for all you are doing.

Comment on Relief from Court:

- Can we suggest to the court that one way to avoid repeated EADs/APs is to direct DOJ/USCIS to issue notices to all Pending AOS applicants in writing, extending the validity of current EADs/APs till the AOS application is decided?

- This might be a little more hopeful than realistic, but do the courts have authority to direct USCIS to approve all cases older than 2 years and cleared by FBI, unless thay can show cause, on a case by case basis.

Best Regards.

We should let CIS decide "how." We should only request "what" we need in most matters. The court does not have authority to dictate "approval" but it can require "adjudication."

Great Work!

I appreciate the great work done by folks at Rajiv Khanna and the immigrationportal community.

We should never underestimate the power of lobbying, especially in America.

Thanks to Rajiv

Rajiv, Thanks a million, you and the folks in the group made this happen,

Good Luck, God Bless you

Re: Thanks a lot to Mr. Rajiv and whole team

Dear Mr. Rajiv and whole team,

Thanks a lot for showing the true sprit and putting lot of hardwork and effort into this very big issue facing all of us.

President of U.S. making a U.S. citizen to all the solders who have green card and participate in war!! and what is happening with the 'Software professional' like us who participated in the biggest war 'Y2K'???. It's a total descrimination..

I am ready to contribute into this effort any way I can!!.

Good luck to all!!

Originally posted by hopeIgetit
Rajiv, Thanks a million, you and the folks in the group made this happen,

Good Luck, God Bless you

Regarding lawsuit

I think important aspect is missed because of the backlogs. Labour certification is an good example where DOL or any Immigration related services,try to compare the economic,job related variables in different time buckets.
for ex: 2000-2001 Jobs were available by the dime,but they were in the backlog that deciding upon them in 2003 does not make sense. As the comparison is like comparing an Orange and Orange Juice.

NEWS MEDIA

Hello Guys

I was wondering if we should send the public information file to NEWS MEDIA like CNN, FOX NEWS, etc etc. These guys have a strong coverage and will for sure put an impact on the case publicity.

Re: NEWS MEDIA

Originally posted by vicky_usa
Hello Guys

I was wondering if we should send the public information file to NEWS MEDIA like CNN, FOX NEWS, etc etc. These guys have a strong coverage and will for sure put an impact on the case publicity.

Yes, definitely! Send it everywhere. PBS also, Radio, newspapers, etc. Send it to the editors, the syndicated columnists, the lawyers and professors of law in university law schools, the think tanks, the companies, the professional associations, AILA, AILF, immigrant advocacy groups, ACLU, Congress, Senate, Governors, mayors, city and state governments, lobbies, associations like TIA, the National Science Board,.......

One sender cannot make a difference. We need all of us!

Is there any way we can create a file with name of organization, point of contact, telephone and fax number. i know there is a site for congress man and fed guys, but do we have anything related to other persons.

Thanks Rajivji,

The whole immigrant community is with you. It's about time the cries of the LEGAL immigrants are heard and their work noticed. We need to do something about I-140 also.

Thanks again

For now

Originally posted by vicky_usa
Is there any way we can create a file with name of organization, point of contact, telephone and fax number. i know there is a site for congress man and fed guys, but do we have anything related to other persons.

Let us start an Excel Spreadsheet:

Name; Address; E-mail; whos is contacting the organization and progress.

Once I come back (12/30) I will figure out the details.

Originally posted by compudada
How about including I-140 delays in this lawsuit? It's taking more than 12 months at Vermont Service Center.

I totally support that too!!

We must do our bit

Originally posted by Smisra

We must do our bit
We should do our bit. Most of us visit this page - including myself, but do not do much. I believe (for myself), better late than never. I see Rajiv Khanna as the leader of this movement. I would like to contribute.

If this is a class action law suite, let us be true members and contribute in:

1. Cash - $100 per member should not hurt anyone.
2. Time - Can we write to newspapers about this?
3. Kind - if evidence is required can we show up to describe our agony?
4. Awareness. Can we ask all the people we know that are suffering and communicate to them about this? A good way to start is to do a little by calling friends and colleagues and showing them this movement.

I could not resist and called up Rajiv to thank and congratulate him. This is indeed true leadership. The man rocks!!!

Sincerely,
Smisra

Originally posted by joyd
I totally support that too!!

Guys,

Wrt the I-140 backlog delays: here is my opinion.
It is true that the I-140 process is backlogged also. It is also true that the "Concurrent processing" did not solve any problems also.
There are backlogs in just about any VISA category and benefit. It is like a chain effect. The I-485 is the most important as it is the last stage before the GC. (Note I have TWO I-140 approved, first in 3 months and second in about a year).
As with a letter to Congress, it is ONE THING at a time. A lawsuit has to be specific on ONE category. If successful, ir will have an effect on the other categories also.
On another positive note, the DOL has allocated money (100 million) to address the LC backlogs. This will be really good news IF the backlogs are addressed at the other stages also: i.e. I-140- and I-485, otherwise, the problems of I-140 and I-485 will worsen. The DOL model offers a good example to USCIS.

We are with you

Dear Rajiv,

I am heartend that there are people like yourself and others in this forum who believe in taking action instead of just making tall claims. You can count on our support all the way in this endevour.

Best of luck,
Savant

Comments on Lawsuit

Could we also add the USCIS district offices and sub-offices to the Page 4, item 1 behind the Service Centers of the USCIS.

The reason is many cases were transferred from Service Centers to local offices for them to conduct interview. However, many local offices are also severely backlogged (very few of them can conduct interview within 2-3 months. Many local offices have a waiting line from one year to two years.).

If we really win the lawsuit, the Service Centers can reduce their backlogs in three months by transferring all the cases to local offices. We need to specifically add a clause in the lawsuit about the backlogs at the local office level. Also different local offices have different rules about the waiting line. Some is based on the receipt date filed at Service Center. Some is based on whatever time they received the file. It is very ‘unfair’ to applicants based on where they live because they were ‘discriminated’ by the processing time at different local offices.

Thank You!!

Mr. Khanna & the Team here,

Thank you for all the effort that you have put in to make this happen.

Please let us know what needs to be done and we will put 200% to make sure that we do the PR and other things from our side.

Cass.

Status
Not open for further replies.