AtlantaGAI485Timeline

Well.....I won't have to call this week as I had planned.......

Because we received the green card approval letter in the mail today.

Thank the living God!!! I was about to go crazy. My husband and I have been waiting on this to FINALLY be able to go on our honeymoon and now we can.

Good luck to all!!!

Congratulations
Well.....I won't have to call this week as I had planned.......

Because we received the green card approval letter in the mail today.

Thank the living God!!! I was about to go crazy. My husband and I have been waiting on this to FINALLY be able to go on our honeymoon and now we can.

Good luck to all!!!

@KTAtlanta - Congratulations !!!!! SO happy for you, glad everyone worked out.

@ctraquair - Good Luck with your interview on thursday!! You got this.

I'm 1 week away from my interview and I'm getting more excited and nervous with everyday. I'm just going thru the application, questions etc with my husband, to refresh our memory. Now its in Gods hand. Thank you for the support everyone.

Thanks musicaa,

I have not really been thinking about it due to having plenty of work and things to do on my schedule.

I am going to sit down tomorrow evening and sift through all the information and make all of my copies of bills etc.

Get some pictures together from Facebook and from the wedding and head on off to Atlanta on Thursday morning.

My buddy had his interview on Monday, still waiting to hear back from him

I had my interview in Atlanta today, June 16th....heres how it went,

Interview was set for 1.45pm and i arrived at the center around 1.30pm. Checked in to first floor and was given a reciept number to take to the 3rd floor of the USCIS building. I had read previously from many cases that they entered the waiting room and were usually waiting alone or with one or two other couples. Shocker...the waiting room was full, about 100 people i started to get a little nervous as up until that point i wasnt the slightest bit worried. It started to get worse when an interviewing officer came out and started rasing his voice in the waiting room and warning people about being loud and to move to the other side of the room if using cell phone. There were a few intimidating IO's prior to us getting called and it was looking bleak..then i hear my number..a nice little older man, soft spoken, friendly and talked from the moment we went up to him! "Hello, how are you guys, follow me"..i thought..brilliant!! Ive struck lucky today lol,

We went back to his office and he made us feel very welcome! Was very quick at going through each step after swearing us in and never once did we feel pressured or stuck for answers. Asked us the basic questions from my application and then how we met! He never hung around on answers, accepted what we said and moved on and never tried to catch us out! Within a few mins of covering the basics of the application he asked for our photos and support documents. We had 4 photos, and 7 printouts from facebook photos! He said he didnt want to take our actual photos and said the print outs were fine, again im thinking..thats very nice. He then took our bills and said..."thats fine, thats enough"..all i gave was water bill, car insurance, power bill, rental agreement! He said thats plenty but did say that when removing conditions it would be best to not leave anything for question and make sure we have joint account in our name as it will prevent any future visits or questions. He then printed out 2 peices of paper, made me and my wife sign them and explained what each piece of paper meant..once was about my greencard being approved and i think the other is just a statement regarding the whole situation...formalities really! He said :thats it, guys..listen to your wife and behave..we had a little laugh, and remove the conditions on time and youll be set and have no issues. We shook his hand, thanked him and walked out thinking..that might have been the nicest, easiest situation ive ever had the pleasure to be involved in

Absolutely delighted at how easy it was!

Received the texts and emails on the way home saying card has been ordered, should receive within 3 weeks!

Good luck to all still waiting, thanks for all the help we have received/been involved in as a group on here. I look forward to working with you guys again in 2 years time

Woooooohooooooooooo

@ctraquair - congrats and thank you for the great interview description. It really helps to read about great experiences, gives me hope. Hopefully I will get a nice IO as well. Have fun celebrating. We have 4 days left until the interview and I'm actually calmer than I was in the beginning.

Congrats @ATL-I485, glad you're moving on. Here is my interview experience from yesterday. I already posted it in the february thread, but I figured I will post it here again. Good luck with the interview, let us know if you have any questions.

We got there about 15 minutes early and had to wait 45 min until our number was called. Our IO was an older gentleman, he looked a little serious when we walked up and I got worried. So he sat us down and ask for our ID's and my I-94 card, Passport & EAD card. He checked the I-94 card and my passport and said that the year on the card and the entry in my passport dont match. For some reason when they stamped the I-94 card, the last number of the year was only printed half, it was hard to read. So after explaining to him that that is the same year and him using a magnifiant glass, he was satisfied. After we figured that, he swore us in.
He went thru the I-485 questions ask me whats my name is, our address, he ask my husband what my DOB is, where I was born and what my mom's name is. He was serious, but he made a few jokes here and there, so it wasnt too bad. He asked what my husband does for living, what kind of company etc. and if I work or if I'm going to be a housewife/homemaker. haha. (he really did say that) He didnt ask for any other evidence, no pictures nothing, maybe he was scared cause I brought this huge photoalbum with me. hehe.
After I would say 20 minutes of questioning, he stamped APPROVED on our application. He said we should receive the greencard within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thats it. I'm so thankful and so relieved we are done with this process for the next 2 years. I dont think I realized how stressed out I was until I saw the APPROVED stamped and I could actually breathe again.

Thank you February Filers for the support, I wish everyone who still has interviews ahead of them good luck. Just remember to keep calm and make sure you both know all the answers on the form I-485.

I guess this thread is becoming relatively inactive. Anyways, my interview is in a week, I will post a description of what happens on this forum after the appointment. To all of you pending adjustment of status applicants. I wish you all the best, its been great learning from people's experiences from this and other similar forums. Thanks guys

be prepare but i know i will pass it. Cause it looks like they trying to get back on track, They dont want to do 2 interview now they are really busy.

My Interview was today at 11:00AM in Atlanta. We were approved, I will post a detailed explanation of what happened soon. Goodluck everyone

So here it goes, we (My Wife USC and I) arrived at 10:15AM for an 11:00AM Appointment. We got our ticket number and were asked to go to the second floor. There was a size-able crowd say about 35 people and we waited for our turn. An older African american lady (she told me her name but i don't remember it now) called us, to the back. Once we were in her office she asked us to raise our right hands and she swore us in. She asked us how we met and my wife told her our story (which everyone has a cute story how they met). Then she asked if we have kids and we said yes and I handed her an album I had. She got so carried away with our two kids that other than the typical no questions on the application she did not ask us for another piece of evidence ( Now I say that we had a lot of our documentation with the original filing). That's it she said I will approve your 10 year green card. At that point I had a sigh of relief. That is it glory be to God

Congrats ATL-I485. this thread has gotten so quiet, after almost everyone has been approved.

To everyone else, hang in there and dont lose faith.