AtlantaGAI485Timeline

my exp:

they only asked one question ... how you met?? that's it.. they didn't ask any photos..or any other documents..
same day card production.. they gave me in writing that they approved my petitions..

Yeeeyyyyyy i passed my interview today

DO Atlanta , GA

Hello all

dec 24 documents sent
dec 27 package received by uscis chicago
jan 3 receive tex and email with receipt number from uscis
jan 12 receive letter for biometric
jan 22 biometric done...
JAN 31ST receive a RFE letter
feb 16 RFE mailed to USCIS
feb 18 LUD initial review
march 4 LUD receive tex and email with EAD card ordered
march 8 receive email i131 (travel document) approved
march 12 EAD and TRAVEL DOC in hand
april 20 email received saying interview letter mailed today
may 26 interview done
may 26 text and email received FOR CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED
What a relief!...:cool:

Congrats N2727 & Fairwaydr !!!!

Fairwaydr, do you mind giving us some details about your interview?

Congrats N2727 & Fairwaydr..could u guys please give us more details..i have my interview soon....I am happy for you two

my interview experience

I reached the office at about 6:45 ( interview was at 7:15) i was the 3rd couple called for the interview but what freaked me out a lot was a female officer that came to pick up the 2nd couple , she came in the waiting area and called a number , for a few seconds , nobody answered ( apparently , everyone in the room, including me, was expected to be called by their name not a number.after a few more seconds , a couple came forward and the guy said politely " excuse madam, my name is ....... " and the officer replied " I DON T GIVE A F**K ABOUT YOUR NAME WHEN I CALL YOUR NUMBER , YOU JUST COME FORWARD THAT S ALL". anyway, after maybe 15 minutes i heard someone call my number . i was greeted by young and very polite lady ( Latina style) but also very professional .
first thing she does was to make us swear to tell the truth and the rest and she started asking question like how we met, describe you first meeting, she asked Me for my wife s birthday, then MY wife for my birthday and then , she asked me when was the last time i traveled outside the country after my marriage and my response was " 2 weeks after the marriage " that s when she said" THAT s gonna be a problem" when asked why she said i should not have but after looking at my file , she realized that during the period,i was traveling on my tourist visa and , as i had not applied for any benefit at that time it was perfectly legal to do so( i applied for AOS about 6 months after marriage) then she started asking about my ex wife who came here as asylum next question was if i still keep contact with my Ex witch i answered YES cause we have a kid together she then asked my wife the same question in witch she answered YES for when she comes to drop the kid but she keeps a boundary then she asked about my relations with my in laws, same question to my wife, next was who witness the ceremony , if we had a reception, what things we do together, do we take vacation , who support who and then , came with the yes or no questions then at the end she asked if we had any document together but she precisely asked for pictures( we had pics, power bill, bank account, car title auto insurance) we did not have the house in both our name because my wife had the house long before we got married we also did not file tax together because i did not have my social sec number at the time of filing which she understood pretty well. After that she said she had everything she wanted and we will receive something in the mail in about 2 weeks

MY ADVICE : it s usually NOT a good idea when you say too much during these interview but when my wife THE PETITIONER said things like : My mom is coming next month, or my husband loves steak but never tries to cook, or my husband would kill to watch an episode of csi also be prepared( the petitioner) to give a short explanation like " when he watches CSI , he would not know if the house is in fire or he wont even answer my call" These things are sometimes embarrassing but sometimes they help if you don't say too much cause at the end they show that you know your spouse habit . BUT again from what i understand , each officer is different

I reached the office at about 6:45 ( interview was at 7:15) i was the 3rd couple called for the interview but what freaked me out a lot was a female officer that came to pick up the 2nd couple , she came in the waiting area and called a number , for a few seconds , nobody answered ( apparently , everyone in the room, including me, was expected to be called by their name not a number.after a few more seconds , a couple came forward and the guy said politely " excuse madam, my name is ....... " and the officer replied " I DON T GIVE A F**K ABOUT YOUR NAME WHEN I CALL YOUR NUMBER , YOU JUST COME FORWARD THAT S ALL". anyway, after maybe 15 minutes i heard someone call my number . i was greeted by young and very polite lady ( Latina style) but also very professional .
first thing she does was to make us swear to tell the truth and the rest and she started asking question like how we met, describe you first meeting, she asked Me for my wife s birthday, then MY wife for my birthday and then , she asked me when was the last time i traveled outside the country after my marriage and my response was " 2 weeks after the marriage " that s when she said" THAT s gonna be a problem" when asked why she said i should not have but after looking at my file , she realized that during the period,i was traveling on my tourist visa and , as i had not applied for any benefit at that time it was perfectly legal to do so( i applied for AOS about 6 months after marriage) then she started asking about my ex wife who came here as asylum next question was if i still keep contact with my Ex witch i answered YES cause we have a kid together she then asked my wife the same question in witch she answered YES for when she comes to drop the kid but she keeps a boundary then she asked about my relations with my in laws, same question to my wife, next was who witness the ceremony , if we had a reception, what things we do together, do we take vacation , who support who and then , came with the yes or no questions then at the end she asked if we had any document together but she precisely asked for pictures( we had pics, power bill, bank account, car title auto insurance) we did not have the house in both our name because my wife had the house long before we got married we also did not file tax together because i did not have my social sec number at the time of filing which she understood pretty well. After that she said she had everything she wanted and we will receive something in the mail in about 2 weeks

MY ADVICE : it s usually NOT a good idea when you say too much during these interview but when my wife THE PETITIONER said things like : My mom is coming next month, or my husband loves steak but never tries to cook, or my husband would kill to watch an episode of csi also be prepared( the petitioner) to give a short explanation like " when he watches CSI , he would not know if the house is in fire or he wont even answer my call" These things are sometimes embarrassing but sometimes they help if you don't say too much cause at the end they show that you know your spouse habit . BUT again from what i understand , each officer is different

I love when people post their interview process in detail. it really helps ease the tension to the rest of us that have pending cases, thanks Fairwaydr

Here is my dilemma, during the course of having my passport renewed the I-94 got lost. I always make it a point to make a copy of my immigration documents so I have a copy of the I-94, do you guys know if that is acceptable or do they require the original I-94 for Adjustment of Status Officer

@Fairwaydr - thank you for your detailed description, really appreciated and congrats again!!

@ATL-I485 - I'm not sure if you actually need the original, I've read that they take your I-94 when you get approved. You have a copy, so you're able to proof that you came here legally, but I would just call the USICIS and ask, you cant go wrong with that. Good luck.

@Cassie - Good luck with the interview on monday, let us know how it went.

Hope the ATL filers are doing good.

After talking with a friend who got her green card last year, she urged me to press the ADO.

I called the (800) number this morning to try and find out the status of the case. The man on the phone said that since the case is still pending past normal processing times (5 months), then they could send out a service request for the case.

Here's praying that a green card comes in the mail soon.

Here is my time line

25 May 2011 - Interview and Approved
25 May 2011 - email Card Production
1 June 2011 - again email card production
2 June -- Welcome letter in Mail
2June - email Post decision activity .. i485 notice sent
waiting for card...
waiting for card in mail

@KTAtlanta - So you have to wait another 5 month, until they can send out a service request??? that sucks. I heard you can contact the cities congressman or senator, maybe they can help you. But I'm not sure about it.

@musicaa: No, the rep on the phone stated that the normal processing time is only suppose to be 5 months, so he sent out a service request since it's been almost a total of 9 months. He said I should receive something in the mail by June 17. He also said if I don't receive something by then, to call them back.

my interview was 02-24-11 and still waiting. did infos pass 2 times called and nothing yet.

@musicaa--Thanks buddy..I will get you a detailed description of my interview experience...

Congrats @cassie - just read your post in the February threat. congrats! what kind of questions did the officer ask you guys?

It seems that the procedure to change or update your signature has changed in the last week, if you have issues with this procedure the following steps work

1. On the top of the main page click on notifications
2. Then Click on inbox (once the page opens look at the left side panel one of the links should say edit signature)
3. Click on edit signature
4. Change it and then save it
5. You are all set

So....after calling last week for an update, I received a letter that said.......

"Your case is still under review."

Also saying that there should be resolution in 60 days.

I won't be waiting 60 days, I'll be making a phone call next week to get another update. I'm thinking that maybe I need to make weekly phone calls until I get resolution.

well at first the officer asked us why did i come to the US and for some reason that me and my husband were not really married and grilled us for 45 minutes.asking us how we met and why my husband knew so many details about it!Then he went on asking why we didnt file taxes together and we explained that I did not have a social.Basically the whole time he was telling us if we dont get our answers straight , he will deny me of the green card..just trying to scare us but we remained calm.he barely looked at our documents .I brought everything necessary and abruptly said the interview was over.then i asked would you like to see our pictures, he said yes, and he saw differnt occasions,were we traveled as a couple or family occasions.That was it ,same day my status changed and yesterday they mailed me the greencard and I already have received the Welcome Letter.My advise to you..Be confident and calm and look them in the eyes and always respond with yes officer or no officer...

Good luck everyone

@ Cassie, thank you so much for the detailed description, it really helps to read about the experiences of others. Congrats again.

@KTAtlanta - Good luck and i hope you wont have to wait the whole 60 days to hear some good news.