AtlantaGAI485Timeline

ATL-I485

Registered Users (C)
This thread is a place to post experiences for Adjustment of Status filers specifically for Atlanta GA.

I don't know if I will spark any interest with this new thread but I hope that there are other I-485 change of status candidates whose case are being adjudicated at the Atlanta GA in 2011

I have checked Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb AOS thread .. but it seems Atlanta DO applicants are getting their IL really late compare to the other DOs.
It will really help if evryone who got the AOS in past 6 months in Atlanta DO post their timeline.
Also if you are posted here and not updated your signature , please do so.

DO - USCIS District Office

My timeline is pretty much up to date, today my case status changed from Request for Evidence to Request of Evidence Response Review. It says in the Email that I should expect a written decision or written update within 60 days.

Good Luck everyone.

@N400pg - Whats the average wait to get an IL in Atlanta? You said u checked the other threads.

My timeline is pretty much up to date, today my case status changed from Request for Evidence to Request of Evidence Response Review. It says in the Email that I should expect a written decision or written update within 60 days.

Good Luck everyone.

@N400pg - Whats the average wait to get an IL in Atlanta? You said u checked the other threads.

I think Atlanta DO is ruining behind,i went for an info pass recently and i was told that they are adjusting may 2010 cases:confused:

Here is my Timeline. Hopefully everyone will keep theirs up to date so we can all know when to expect an interview

I havent seen any IL from Atlanta filers.

My case has been standing still. My fellow February Filers are starting to get Interview Letters and I'm getting inpatient and its not helping that I'm reading about how slow the ATL office suppose to be. :(

Good Luck everyone.

I think Atlanta is way behind and they were mostly workig on "continued case" ..
See the Citizensive forum .. you will see the oct/nov N400 fillers started getting interview letter .. that's way behind than normal .
When I applied my N400 on end of July , I got IL my end of sep last year.

Im still waiting here too! I went ahead and expedited my EAD and AP in the hope that i can get them next week, will hear back today or tomorrow.

I wonder if there is good reason other than just being backed up?

That sucks. I guess all we can do now is wait and hope that we will hear something soon.

On the USCIS website it still says that the processing time is 4 month. Oh well, wishing u guys good luck and please keep us updated about any progress.

I sent my stand alone I-485 on 03/14/2011 to Chicago its two weeks already and I have not received email notification stating that the case was received or anything. Now granted that my I-130 was approved last year 06/28/09 and the NVC was holding it until the Priority date became current. My wife later became a citizen and we upgraded that petition with NVC and USCIS to immediate relative. Is this really unusual or does anybody know??????????????????????????????????? I'm really getting impatient

Last edited by a moderator:
I registered just so that I could post my timeline. My husband and I have had our interview and we're waiting on approval. Based on the case status trend, the Atlanta DO office is averaging 6.5 months from start to finish.

If I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks, I'll be setting up an Infopass appointment.

ETA: My signature isn't showing up right now, so I'll post it in the thread right now.

10.2.10 - Sent off package for I-130, I-485, and I-765
10.7.10 - Received text saying that package has been received.
10.15.10 - Received NOAs
10.20.10 - Received letter for biometrics
11.10.10 - Biometrics appointment completed
12.7.10 - Received EAD
1.24.11 - Received IL
2.22.11 - Green card interview at Atlanta DO

Waiting on Green card approval

Last edited by a moderator:
I registered just so that I could post my timeline. My husband and I have had our interview and we're waiting on approval.

If I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks, I'll be setting up an Infopass appointment.
l

Is there any special situation for you case that thye didn't approve on the interview day ?
Can you please post your interview experience here ?