Ask your bank to cancel the check mailed for lawsuit

Hi sbdol: Your effort is indeed an appreciatiable one, you have done remarkable job. All memebers will thank you for your wonderful tasks.

1. Elect a responsible person who would direct the efforts and collect the contributions in a safe manner. See below.

---I will take this opportunity to collect the funds IF there is no objection from single member of this forum who is actively seeking a lawsuit be an ultimate option.

2. Create spreadhseet for the people willing to contribute.

---I will create a spreadsheet, and will post the money being donated or contributed as I received it in my regular mail with all the data as necessary.

It should have the following fields:
a) Nickname of the contributor.
b) Whether his case is being submitted to the lawsuit
c) Contributed amount.
d)... Anything else ?

I am not that proficient with excel so could somebody create a nice template?

---I am not going to create a nice one, just a plain simple, if anyone can come up with all the bullets, then it can be replaced later on.

3). Everyone willing to contribute sends a personal check on the name of Office of Rajiv Khanna to the person elected under p.1 .

---People should send their checks to the address I will provide, and should mention on the check of its expiry after 120 days of its issuance. Every check should read Law Offices of Rajiv Khanna as a payee.

These checks should be kept uncashed until we achieve the necessary amount.

---I will make sure none of these checks will be cashed or send to Rajiv Khanna, until we come up with 10K.

If for some reason the deal will fail the checks should be sent back.

---I cannot send a check back to you, it will automatically be invalid after 120 days of issuance. Or you may request your bank to stop the payment on your particular check number that is sent to me.

Also every contributor can just ask his bank to cancel the check.

---Whichever is easier for you.

The person who is responsible for collecting the checks will enter each contribution in the spreadsheet and post it here.

---I will be doing that, and will be updating it regularly, almost in daily basis.

Once we collect the necessary amount all the checks are sent to Rajiv and he can file the suit.

---I think everyone agrees to the terms and conditions that has been setforth here.

5. If somebody can induce his employer to participate or to contribute that would be extremely helpful.

---Employer participatation is not necessary, but if someone wants to talk to their employer and he/she wishes to track the case, we could do that as well.

I believe this way everybody will feel safe, which at the end should ensure more people will contribute.

---I will make sure, no one will SKIM our plan, if it works it will be benificial to all the community members, if it fails we still have peace of mind.

How does it sound ?

---This works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Effort Sbdol and Labordrags

Could you guys please drumup the above posting alone on the main page/BEC main page as well as the Labor forums main page...also could you provide the address to be sent to ...Who would be clooecting the case detials of people?

I believe that these tiny steps forward can move mountians...

I am back

Sorry guys.. I was out of town for a week with limited internet access. I will send out my check today to labordrags.. I will also get a few people to give a check to me this week to kick start this initiative..

We have to also come with a write up of our individual cases, which we can do later..

Check Mailing Address:

Fund Collection Campaign
26 Norwich Drive Suite # D
Rochester, NY 14624

To all: Please be advised that this thread is not to receive your advise if or not the lawsuit is a viable option as we already have discussed in the past and went on conclusion that this is indeed the end option. If you don't feel like to contribute, please stay off this thread and your silence is much more appreciated than claiming what needs to be done or no at this last hour won't fly. If you feel like donating the fund is more or less clearing your bank account, then it is not good for you to be the part of this journey. Also, I am not doing it for any entertaining purpose as I have tens different things to concentrate. The only reason I am doing this is to make sure that effort like this will help anyone in the long run. So, I strongly suggest you to think twice before making any contribution, and please don't spread an anti-sentiment as it is not going to help you either.

Thanks for your help and your support in this matter.

Whose name the check gets written?

Name of the person whose name the check be made....
Labor Drags please put the law suit message as a sticky thread in the LC forums...right not it only lists in the BEC forums....you can also put it in the main forum

Please update the my contribution $100 I am sending out today in the spead sheet..

labordrags said:
Check Mailing Address:

Fund Collection Campaign
26 Norwich Drive Suite # D
Rochester, NY 14624

pani_6 said:
Name of the person whose name the check be made....
Labor Drags please put the law suit message as a sticky thread in the LC forums...right not it only lists in the BEC forums....you can also put it in the main forum

Please update the my contribution $100 I am sending out today in the spead sheet..
The check should be written in the name of Law Offices of Rajiv Khanna, you can send it via regular mail. There is no rush to it. Thank you.

Advantages of the Law suit

1) Dont have to wait for another 3 years for LC being cleared
2) Dont have to keep renewing your H1- every year(at least $2000 each time)
3)Dont have to go to the consulate the get a stamping every time you go to your home country(at least $150 each time)
4)Dont have to pay wife's h4 processing cost every year when you renew your h1($200 each time)
5) Give oppurtunities for Wifes employement by getting EAD sooner.
6) Less uncertanity in your lifes......

To meet all these and many more the Cost effective approach is the launch a Law suit...which will quicken things for us.

Please contribute for the law suit

Fund Collection Update

GCby2010 and pani6 both have mailed their check. Here is an updated tracker. Please follow up my signature for the mailing address.

Hi labordrags,
Thanks for the efforts. I am sending my $100 contribution. You could expect my mail in next few days.

labordrags said:
GCby2010 and pani6 both have mailed their check. Here is an updated tracker. Please follow up my signature for the mailing address.
Labor drags,

Thanks for the initiative.

Please clear the following:

1) What will be the focus of the law suit? Requesting transperancy? Asking for speed up of the process?

2) Employer participation required? Will that be a problem?

3) How many are willing to participate in this lawsuit? I fell this is more important.

Guys,
It is very obvious that DOL and PBEC in particular do not perceive us as human beings. Their decisions are irrational; their work is ineffective to the extent that raises questions about the necessity of their existence. The labor certification program makes absolutely no sense if an application takes more than a year to process. Some of us have been waiting five and more years and still we don’t know when if ever the application will be processed. To make the things worse DOL shut down any access to the information.

Meanwhile our spouses have been locked home not having right to work. Our children are growing up and have no right to work either. Because of the incredible slowness of DOL someone’s children attained the age of 21 meaning that the family must be separated as the children are not eligible for Green Cards even if their parents are. DOL confirmed that they do not care.

People who have been in the line for many years often overstayed their allowed six years of their visa limits and must extend it every year. They are in much worse situation than those who started the process recently; they have no option of changing jobs. The current system processes recent filers in 60 days and does not encourage earlier ones to move to this shorter line.

It is difficult to find more unjust, senseless and ineffective bureaucratic system in the whole world.

If you OK with this and ready to wait indefinitely no action is required. If you want to make this world a little better please donate to the law suit.

Some like free rides and hope that the deal will move without their participation. Think about this: In twenty years sitting by the fireplace with your grandchildren will you be able to tell them “Yes I was one of those who broke that unfair beast” ?

TechGuy said:
Labor drags,

Thanks for the initiative.

Please clear the following:

1) What will be the focus of the law suit? Requesting transperancy? Asking for speed up of the process?

3) How many are willing to participate in this lawsuit? I fell this is more important.

-We want to primarily request transparency and do a FIFO process as per their stated policy.

-Employer participation is not required as per Rajiv.

-Right now we do not know the numbers. We are targeting atleast 100 people will join so that we will have money and sufficient cases in the court if required. There are 100 of 1000s affected by BEC. We are expecting 100 from this number who want to pursue the lawsuit option.

If you don't mind I will answer for labordrags
TechGuy said:
Both. But I would not use the term "asking" our goal is "making them to speedup".
The main purpose I believe is to draw attention to what is happening at BECs.

Not required though would be helpful.

We need to collect 10,000 dollars to file the lawsuit. Also we need about 30-40 cases that would prove the unfairness of the system.

alomst 6 years waiting

hi, i applyed for LC. April 26 2001 i think no one left excpet me from 2001 who never see the LC. this is my last year and i'm sooooooo tired of waiting...sometimes i feel i can not even breath any more...i lost hundred of offers, i design and built more that 1000 house, and i paied thousand of $ taxes, and still they donot concider me a good citicizen...they bring 55.000 people every year to us, give them the greencard randm..some of them they can not even write their owen laug.
guys, please let me know if it worth for me to participat in this lawsuit, or should i give up at all

apply 2001 NJ
rec 45 latter Aug. 23 2005
reply Sep 14 2005
RIR
STILL WATING

Don't give up

Don't give up, if u can afford to wait some more.
Having said that, I am about to give up any moment myself, because of personal reasons.
Nobody knows if this lawsuit would be successful or not, but at least we can register a protest, we can bring to everyone's attention this ineptness and mismanagement.
For 5 years, nothing happened, no one did anything, we waited, if someone is taking an action now, let's support them.
BTW, I will mail out my contribution tomorrow, just back in town.
regards,
dgb

18 months seems too less

According to www.immigration-law.com, there are still 360,000 cases pending to be processed in Backlog Elimination Center. DOL recent published website promised the elimination of these figures in 18 months.

18 months, if we count in days, assuming there are 30 days in a month would be 540 days.

Out of these 540 days, no wonder if they work everyday, which I doubt it. Lets see if they only work 5 days a week, would be 20 days a month that left only 360 days. (Less than a year).

If you only have 360 days left to process 360,000 cases, then you MUST adjudicate 1000 cases a day.

I highly doubt if they can adjudicate 1000 cases a day, given the scenario of their inability to perform the required job having contractors to work. Also, since they even failed to send out 45 days letters to many cases after their establishment of more than 16 months, it seems so bleak if they stay in their promise.

I have trusted them a lot, and blindly supported on what they said, but this seem to be empty promise to snuff out the rage that they get in regular basis.

UPDATE: No Contribution so far been reached at the address yet. I hope to get it soon. Thanks for all your support. Please keep on posting.

Acutally I really am not surprised with this cut off date. If they really work hard, that does not seem to be a big deal. Entering data into the computer was a bigger challenge. Properly entering one application into the system might take somewhere about 10 to 15 minutes. So thats only 5 per hour and 30,40 per day per person.

But when it comes to adjustment of these cases, about 250 people can do 4 per day which should be 1000 per day in total. or 100 people doing 10 per day.

elassar2005 said:
hi, i applyed for LC. April 26 2001 i think no one left excpet me from 2001 who never see the LC. this is my last year and i'm sooooooo tired of waiting...sometimes i feel i can not even breath any more...i lost hundred of offers, i design and built more that 1000 house, and i paied thousand of $ taxes, and still they donot concider me a good citicizen...they bring 55.000 people every year to us, give them the greencard randm..some of them they can not even write their owen laug.
guys, please let me know if it worth for me to participat in this lawsuit, or should i give up at all

apply 2001 NJ
rec 45 latter Aug. 23 2005
reply Sep 14 2005
RIR
STILL WATING

Never give up. COnsider that you have lost $100 or gave it for a worthy cause. Keep fighting. We will win. Thats my belief.

TimeSaver said:
Acutally I really am not surprised with this cut off date. If they really work hard, that does not seem to be a big deal. Entering data into the computer was a bigger challenge. Properly entering one application into the system might take somewhere about 10 to 15 minutes. So thats only 5 per hour and 30,40 per day per person.

But when it comes to adjustment of these cases, about 250 people can do 4 per day which should be 1000 per day in total. or 100 people doing 10 per day.

Hi

Rememeber one thing. Not all the 250 might be asked to recommend cases for approval to Certifying officer. We donlt know how many New Guys are trained out of the Contractors they have for this. That is the Catch