Ask your bank to cancel the check mailed for lawsuit

Next Steps

Set up a mechnism for Contribution...I think Rajiv has to help us with this.., email address of the person who recieves the case details to send to Rajiv...
Law suit is the only hope...
why wait when you can litigate!

Update

I have about 8 people that are interested in proceeding with the lawsuit.. Forming a group of 100 people (& contributing 100 dollars each), collecting money and providing documents all are our responsibility. Once this part is done, Rajiv has offered to continue from there. He said he cannot help in the activities above because of lack of time and it is outside his domain.

I am willing to send money to someone (a single point of contact), may be "Labordrags" if he is interested in maintaining it.. Not sure how others feel.. If the case is not filed for some reason, the money can be returned.

Please share your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCBy2010 said:
I have about 8 people that are interested in proceeding with the lawsuit.. Forming a group of 100 people (& contributing 100 dollars each), collecting money and providing documents all are our responsibility. Once this part is done, Rajiv has offered to continue from there. He said he cannot help in the activities above because of lack of time and it is outside his domain.

I am willing to send money to someone (a single point of contact), may be "Labordrags" if he is interested in maintaining it.. Not sure how others feel.. If the case is not filed for some reason, the money can be returned.

Please share your thoughts.
We can ask immigrationvoice guys to help us with funding. After all we have the same goal.

Hello sbdol,

You may already know that Immigration Voice (IV) is made of individuals who are on H-1B and at various stages of green cards including 'labor stage'. Immigration Voice (IV) is actively involved in advocacy for legislative and administrative solution to backlog elimination. One of the goals of IV is to have the transparency with the Backlog Elimination Centre (BEC) functioning to reduce labor processing time.

We have not yet explored the option of judicial solution to labor backlog. Maybe it is a good idea and we should explore this possibility. Immigration Voice is made of individuals like you and I. We would be happy to discuss and explore the possibility of judicial solution to labor backlog. We have been in touch with Law Offices of Rajiv Khanna and could explore this possibility. Maybe first step could be to have a conference call with LaborDrags, GCBy2010, you or anyone who would like to explore this possibility. I could send you private messages with the contact details.

Comments/thoughts/ideas/criticism are welcome.

Thanks,
-WP
Volunteer @ www.immigrationvoice.org

Dear Members and Guests:

I am so sorry to let you know of my late response about the conference call that lasted more than 45 minutes on the day scheduled. I was more busier in todays LSAT, which didn't go very well, so I am dropping to become a JD. I am more than happy that the conference call with Rajiv Khanna went more than expected, and as other members posted the outcome of the call, I am pleased to let you know that I will do my best to come up with anything that needs to be done by my side.

I have received few responses in how to drive the call outcome - filing a lawsuit so that it will give us some relief and take all of us out of both BECs mess, a slow reponse from DOL and we will see ourselves getting ahead of this game. Old filers like me and you won't suffer much as this lawsuit will bring the opportunity to knock DOL down and its progress ( I am sure about it). As most of you already know about the cost of filing this lawsuit, initially we need your immense help in gathering the contribution so that we again can stand straight and will fulfill the given promise to Rajiv and litigate the process. Also, moreover as IV.ORG has stong support to drive our call, which has plenty of resources in reaching its members and generate the awareness of lawsuit.

As being suggested by WaldenPond, we can initiate the conferece call within members, and I would like your participatation. Please let me know thru the post when we can initiate the conference call.

Here is the confernce call number:
Dial-in Number: (605) 990-0300
Access code: 411380#

Again, I am willing to do whatever is necessary to drive this call. Since we will be just the members on the call, I would like to make it on Monday 07:30 PM EST. I will see you all then. You guys have a wonderful weekend.

Count me in on the contribution

Rajiv's 485 law suit made heck a lot of difference to the 485 folks and 98% of them have GC's today because of the law suit...Please setup the fund collecting mechanism first...time's running out...

What about perm cases

I must than Mr Khanna and all of you for discussing the issues with BECs and possibilities of filing a lawsuite. What is going on is a complete harrasment of the law abiding people and we should raise our voice. It has always been true that if you cry you will get more food, and I believe that it works here also(and we are not crying, it is 200% legitimate protest).

My heart goes to all of you, who are suffering in the dark hole of DOL for 3-4 years. I am also stuck for a long time in the same mess. What I see in DOLs attitude is, - dont fix the mess, create a new procedure and turn attention to the new and more efficient system(PERM). Immagine, you go to a DMV, waiting for 1 hour in queue and suddenly they announce that the officers who came back after lunch can only process the new entrants efficiently. I am not aginst PERM, but if the same organisation has one objective to adjudicate labor certs, it has to be in FIFO, and not 2 queues.

In my openion, PERM cases should not be adjucated until and unless all BEC cases are processed. These cases will ultimately clogg the I-140, and who knows if it affects 485. The whole green care thing is insane, and the only sanity here seems to be the retrogression(although I do not like to be 2 yr behind the priority date). I believe that the lawsuite we file must have this cluse of "holding PERM till BECS cleared" should be there.

I do not like the idea that 'other has to suffer if I have suffered', but my suffering should not grow as someone's case is expedited. I am not selfish, but I am no maharishi either.

Right now no one cares about backlogs but a lot more cares about the visa numbers. I have every reason to believe that the retrogression will be lifted soon(Visa numbers will increase if some powerful companies like microsoft demands), and there will be a day when a EB2-RIR from 2003 will rit in PBEC and PERM-EB2 from 2006 can have EAD and advance payrol. Nothing wrong, but highly unfair.

Also, Just thinking , probably the information of a possible/tantative lawsuit should also reach to Public , Mrs. chaio or DOL Management (thru web/google/News whatever) so that atleast they can sense that how much LC mess Stefanco or PBEC has created so far.
Who knows , screw could be tightened .

Disclaimer : Just a thought not a statement

It seemed like due to short notice, many members as not being informed about the conference call, I didn't see much activities in todays call. We can do that again if you wish to, if you wish to call the discussion, please let us know ahead of time, also pick up a time for the call.

Thank you

labordrags said:
It seemed like due to short notice, many members as not being informed about the conference call, I didn't see much activities in todays call. We can do that again if you wish to, if you wish to call the discussion, please let us know ahead of time, also pick up a time for the call.

Thank you
I guess many people from PBEC thread did not have time to look at this thread yet. The general mood there is not that good due to obvious reasons.
Moreover it a good reason to push with our case.

Let's suggest some agenda for the call.

1. How many cases do we already have ? How many of us who is not filing his case will comit to the good cause ?

2. Any suggestions to open and account for collecting donations. Does anyone know the details ? Again IV guys should help us with this as they already have the experience. Maybe we even can contribute to their account. I would suggest every interested would donate 100$ or whatever does not hurt the wallet. We already have paid thoudands to our lawyers who saing honestly do not deserve a fracture of what they charge us. It was their job to do what we are doing here.

3. We also need to discuss how would we spread the word about this.

Lawsuit!!!

I totally agree with your suggestion. Please initiate the fund raising asap, maybe we can establish a new thread under PBEC folder for this lawsuit. I definitely will contribute.

NJFamer,
RIR, NJ 09/30/02
45 Days letter recvd 09/23/05
replied: 09/30/05
P-05132-xxx

labordrags said:
Dear Members and Guests:

I am so sorry to let you know of my late response about the conference call that lasted more than 45 minutes on the day scheduled. I was more busier in todays LSAT, which didn't go very well, so I am dropping to become a JD. I am more than happy that the conference call with Rajiv Khanna went more than expected, and as other members posted the outcome of the call, I am pleased to let you know that I will do my best to come up with anything that needs to be done by my side.

I have received few responses in how to drive the call outcome - filing a lawsuit so that it will give us some relief and take all of us out of both BECs mess, a slow reponse from DOL and we will see ourselves getting ahead of this game. Old filers like me and you won't suffer much as this lawsuit will bring the opportunity to knock DOL down and its progress ( I am sure about it). As most of you already know about the cost of filing this lawsuit, initially we need your immense help in gathering the contribution so that we again can stand straight and will fulfill the given promise to Rajiv and litigate the process. Also, moreover as IV.ORG has stong support to drive our call, which has plenty of resources in reaching its members and generate the awareness of lawsuit.

As being suggested by WaldenPond, we can initiate the conferece call within members, and I would like your participatation. Please let me know thru the post when we can initiate the conference call.

Again, I am willing to do whatever is necessary to drive this call. Since we will be just the members on the call, I would like to make it on Monday 07:30 PM EST. I will see you all then. You guys have a wonderful weekend.

Dear Members and Guests:

It’s been triumphant experience for the past few days as I have an opportunity to have several talks with very knowledgeable members of this forum in the phone conversation, which is great. The call has not been concluded yet, and we can still initiate the call when needed, see my signature for the call number. I am into lawsuit, and I do believe if we cannot file it, we may not win this lagging game. Many have come up with the same suggestion and are trying to generate the fund as without it, we are out of gas. Initially, we thought if we can get 100 people involved who are willing to throw $100 bucks can lead up to $10K to pay the due. This amount may seem bigger to some and may seem nothing to few, as we all know the various amount of money we pulled home. Collecting money is not a big deal, as we can simply render this service to anyone who is interested in doing so. If everyone agrees, you guys can either send a check on my address or make it thru paypal. IV.ORG, as the org is very active in this immigration process, their help is definitely bringing our quest to reach our goal. I only had few opportunities to talk to Mr. Amit from IV.ORG, and I should really thank him for this valuable support to this legislative process. As days go by, we will focus more on their effort and come up with what is needed to file a lawsuit – pecuniary wise.

I am willing to contribute...

labordrags said:
Dear Members and Guests:

It’s been triumphant experience for the past few days as I have an opportunity to have several talks with very knowledgeable members of this forum in the phone conversation, which is great. The call has not been concluded yet, and we can still initiate the call when needed, see my signature for the call number. I am into lawsuit, and I do believe if we cannot file it, we may not win this lagging game. Many have come up with the same suggestion and are trying to generate the fund as without it, we are out of gas. Initially, we thought if we can get 100 people involved who are willing to throw $100 bucks can lead up to $10K to pay the due. This amount may seem bigger to some and may seem nothing to few, as we all know the various amount of money we pulled home. Collecting money is not a big deal, as we can simply render this service to anyone who is interested in doing so. If everyone agrees, you guys can either send a check on my address or make it thru paypal. IV.ORG, as the org is very active in this immigration process, their help is definitely bringing our quest to reach our goal. I only had few opportunities to talk to Mr. Amit from IV.ORG, and I should really thank him for this valuable support to this legislative process. As days go by, we will focus more on their effort and come up with what is needed to file a lawsuit – pecuniary wise.

I am willing to contribute.

Labordrags,

Thanks for your initiative.

Please open 2 threads ASAP: one for people willing to contribute and the other for people willing to submit their case details for this lawsuit.

Separate out this contributiion

I think iv.org may be collecting funding for lots of peuposes...so if I were to forget to mention its for the LC lawsuit ...it may go into the general bin and our purpose is not served...is there a way to direct the $$ for the LC suit into a separte account??..

thanks for your efforts....

MAke Sticky in BEC and LC forums

Last edited by a moderator:
If the members in this portal believe with huge majority that this on-going problem is resolved by the administrative process, then we should back out of the legislative approach to beat the DOL game plan. But if you don't think that the administrative way is an ultimate solution, then we should start focusing on generating and collecting funds.

I am more into the legislative approach. Many people may not agree with me seeing the recent update from IV.ORG of Quinn Gillespie association. Seeing the trend, I am not sure if IV.ORG will help us in aiding the fund. So whatever we have planned, we have to do it by our own way. If you would like to wait and see what will happen for the next few months and go your way, I am fine with that too. I will simply not campain to bring this topic again. But to this day and even after getting my LC approved, I will still believe on what I have stride - lawsuit.

Hello LaborDrags,
So let's move from discussions to the actions.

What we need to do is:

1. Elect a responsible person who would direct the efforts and collect the contributions in a safe manner. See below.

2. Create s spreadhseet for the people willing to contribute.

It should have the following fields:
a) Nickname of the contributor.
b) Whether his case is being submitted to the lawsuit
c) Contributed amount.
d)... Anything else ?

I am not that proficient with excel so could somebody create a nice template?

3). Everyone willing to contribute sends a personal check on the name of Office of Rajiv Khanna to the person elected under p.1 .

These checks should be kept uncashed until we achieve the necessary amount.

If for some reason the deal will fail the checks should be sent back.
Also every contributor can just ask his bank to cancel the check.

The person who is responsible for collecting the checks will enter each contribution in the spreadsheet and post it here.

Once we collect the necessary amount all the checks are sent to Rajiv and he can file the suit.

5. If somebody can induce his employer to participate or to contribute that would be extremely helpful.

I believe this way everybody will feel safe, which at the end should ensure more people will contribute.

How does it sound ?

Urgent Action

We are seeing latest reports that DOL is picking up the process of adjudication and so on...we have seen such statements from the past 6 years and gotten fooled and should not get fooled any longer...I think we need to gather a list of peple who can contribute and go ahead..just think about the timing...2001 Dec cases of TR have not even recieved thier 45 day letter ...let alone thier recruiting instruction...they have a deadline for june for doing that...inevtiably that will go to december and then another 2-3 years for clearing up the TR cases....

I am not sure if people have that much time in thier lives to be in this uncertain envirnament...OR just leave this country and move on...

List of Willing contributors

pani6
Cool
sbdol
NJ farmer
Coolestone
Techguy
labordrags

...we are already touching 1000 bucks...with each person at $100.....common guys....

We can also use wait N watch policy....if the fund collection is done and DOL is doing something about TR cases...then we can think...I really doubt the DOL will do anything to the TR cases this year unless you stomp them by a lawsuit...

Good idea

I have been following this thread for past few days and I appreciate the enthu of guys like labordrags, sbdol who have taken up the initiative to set up this thread and call Rajiv Khanna. I am willing to contribute $100 and try to drum up some support with the guys I know.

RIR PD:9th Sept 2003
45 day letter recd and replied in Jan 2005.
ETA Case No - P-04302-3XXXX