Anyonw waiting for 485 approval in Atlanta

Waitingto:

It is more than 4 weeks since i faxed and sent an email to FBI, no reply from them. Now everyone knows about name check importance, so who applied last week to those who are waiting for three years, everybody sending fax and emails left and right. They might be flooded with requests. So we don't know when we get reply or we ever get a reply from them.

Dukhi,

Thank you very much for your quick response! I don't know how long should we wait for them to finish this process. I saw someone waiting for 8 months of this and still waiting. I really don't know how hard of this job could be.

Hope you and all of us get this straight soon!

Good Luck!

Dukhi,

I also fax, wrote, and e-mailed the FBI concerning the name check. That was over a few weeks ago. We had our interview on June 28th.

Now, I have a friend who works for Homeland Security and she told me that background and name checks are so backlogged that even US citizens working for the federal government have a long wait. Contrary to what I have read on these boards, nation of origin DOES have something to do with it.

Kiska

Kiska,

Thanks for sharing the information. I am not sure about country of origin matters. I am indian origin. May be because of backlog as you said it is getting delayed. But I don't know how come who filed in 2003 are getting approved in other centers. So it is mystery. Nothing we can do other than waiting.

what is ASC code shows on your receipt? how many letters?
I try to make an appt for the FP and bio-, the representive sounds surprise for my ASC code.

And why the representive on 1-800- phone told me there has never ever has appt at ATL? she sent me to birmingham.

I wonder why

Wanzi,

When i applied for my third EAD, they asked me to have Biometrics taken at ASC. In that notice they mentioned ASC code : 2 I did file my application in Atlanta. When you call 1-800 no, they ask for your zip code, based on that one they will ask to you to go to nearest ASC. My friend filed his EAD in Atlanta but when he received the notice he was in some other state, so when he called 1-800 no,he gave that zip code, he got the appointment nearest to his place. I think it is just like finger printing, centralized, does not matter which ASC you go.

Any body get approval letter after interview?

Any body get approval letter after GC interview?

I got interview on 09/29/2004. I am still waiting for the approval letter.

AOS Atlanta

RD 03/14/2004
ND 03/19/2004
FP 04/06/2004
ID ?

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the great work that you have done. It helped me understand the current situation with Atlanta District office. Not sure what exact month Atlanta is processing whether it is June or August?

Last edited by a moderator:
Amun said:
Not sure what exact month Atlanta is processing whether it is June or August?
As per the notice I received regarding an update on my case, it said that Atlanta is currently processing September 2002 RD.

Today, my husband received his Approval Notice. We were processed at the Charleston, SC office. On the notice, it says "New Classification IR-6". Does anyone know if this is the classification code for the permanent green card. We have been married for nearly 4 years and expect to receive the permanent card.

Thanks to everyone and good luck!!!

Kiska

2 years and 10 years GC

poongunranar said:
As per the notice I received regarding an update on my case, it said that Atlanta is currently processing September 2002 RD.

I wonder how does the duration of 2 years and 10 years green card determine in the marriage cases. Some people are getting 10 years green card upon interview while others are getting 2 years conditional card. Can someone please elaborate on it.

Thanks

Amun

If the 485 is approved with in the first 2 yrs of marriage , then one receives a conditional GC.

Otherwise its the standard 10 Yr GC. Hopefully that answers your question.

Hi Dukhi,
Haven't heard from you for a while. Do you get response from FBI about the name check status?

I just emailed them yesterday and today I called their main line and the lady who answered the phone told me the only way I can get my name check status is from email and I need to wait for 6 weeks for their response. I am wondering if you get reply or not. (FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625)

Hope to hear good news from you!