Anyonw waiting for 485 approval in Atlanta

witingto: You do not need any letters from neighbours, etc, that was just an extra evidence, never really asked for. If you had informed the local Atlanta office and the other office as well (the one in KY), you should be ok. If you have any receipt confirmation when you sent this, take that and during your interview, they ask you for your current address. Make sure you inform them about this and do mention that this letter was sent to your old address.

You should be ok. Good luck.

Thank you very much for your quick response and wishes, waitingforAOS! I am lucky bucause I found the address return card still there to prove I did it. wow!
I was going to mail them one more time to change the address but now I think I will wait to show them at the interview. Our interview is eight o'clock at morning at the end of Sep with officer G. Hope everything goes well. Thank you !

Approval from Atlanta

I'm glad to be back to the forum. My absent was due to some difficaulties i was experiencing logging in. As a result i've to change my user name from fridayborn to fridayborn1. The good news is that i was approved on the 08\12 at the Atlanta office. In fact, the whole thing was very easy, curtesy of this wonderful forum. I advice everyone to follow this forum very carefully. The interview lasted almost 15min. with questions centered on the 1-485 and very few on such things as where and how did you meet.
Again i was married Jan 2002 and filled the petition on Mar.2002, contrary to the Dec. 2001 as the pending date from Atlanta.

Approval from Atlanta

I'm glad to be back to the forum. My absent was due to some difficaulties i was experiencing logging in. As a result i've to change my user name from fridayborn to fridayborn1. The good news is that i was approved on the 08\12 at the Atlanta office. In fact, the whole thing was very easy, curtesy of this wonderful forum. I advice everyone to follow this forum very carefully. The interview lasted almost 15min. with questions centered on the 1-485 and very few on such things as where and how did you meet.
Again i was married Jan 2002 and filled the petition on Mar.2002, contrary to the Dec. 2001 as the pending date from Atlanta.

Hi, wanted to wish DUKHI and LORD best wishes for their interview tommorow. Guys, am sure you will all come back and let us know the good news. Good Luck :)

Interview experience!

Hello everybody,

My interview was scheduled today at 8:30 and for my wife 8:00. We went there around 7:45. Officer called both of us around 8:30. We did not take attorney with us. After taking oath, she asked for W2's, tax return, pay stubbs and employement letter. After that she went through our application, asked questions mentioned in 485 application, like involved in any crime, arrest, deportaion....She finished all the paperwork, took our signature and finger print.(index fingure only) At the end she said they are still waiting for name check, so she can't approve it today. I asked her how long it will take, she mentioned anywhere between 3 months to 6 months. So my wait continues...
Thanks for your wish"waitingforAOS" and hope we will get the approval soon.

Oh well, hopefully, Dukhi, you should get this cleared soon, atleast, you are done with the final step. Let's hope for the best. I am guessing, it should be done soon. Good luck.

Received Fingerprint Notice

I received my finger-print notice from ADO. My date for finger-printing is 10/06/04. My RD is 08/02 and TD is 12/03.

Same Situation Bonnie, My Passport Is Stamped I551, The Actual Card Has Not Arrived, I Was Told I Can, Which I Am Going To In Nov.

waitingforAOS11 said:
Same Situation Bonnie, My Passport Is Stamped I551, The Actual Card Has Not Arrived, I Was Told I Can, Which I Am Going To In Nov.

I travelled with a stamp on my passport. There was no problem at all.

Thanx WaitingforAOS11

Hello
WaitingforAOS11 I thank you for your advice earlier this month and also thank you for well wishes. Anyhow my interview did not go very well because I was asked for everything that I could possibly be asked for. I have to send the documents that I did not have within 90 days. In a nutshell I have to send more proof of continuous shared life, paystubs, employment verification letter, sponsor's identification and proof of income and copies of complete tax returns not just the first page. By the way Interviewing Officer was friendly and professional at the same time and seemed some what disappointed that he could not approve the case and would have approved it if I had put forth a little bit more effort towards proving the legitimacy of my case. Advice to everybody: Take with you as much evidence and documentation as possible and do not hesitate to present it. Good luck everubody, thanx again WaitingforAOS11.

Hi LORD, sorry to hear about your interview, but, if they have asked your for additional documents, then you should be good to go once you send all the documents. Hopefully, you will get your stamp very soon. Good luck.

Well, I got my welcome letter today and my card was sent back yesterday as it was sent to my old address. The surprising thing was that the card was issued from Texas center and they had sent a letter on August 28th to the old address and the post office sent the letter back giving my new address. They had the envelope attached of the address from the post office and then they issued a new letter day before and sent another welcome letter to the new address. The card was not there though, so today itself I called the NSC and told them, the guy took my details and said he will send a request for a new card. I also sent a letter, just hoping that the send the card soon.

I got my EAD last week, it was issued on Aug 16th, but it had my picture taken during the fingerprinting on Sep 1st. :) THe application was pending at MSC. Darn, I already quit my job, because my previous EAD expired on Aug 31st, and I didn't think I'd be getting a new one a week later...

Got my actual card in mail yesterday. They also sent me a request to file AR-11 if I move. I am not clear as it was a mistake of the USCIS center, I had already filed for AR-11 and I only have acknowledgement from the local office. I guess, I will send the AR-11 one more time.

Congratulations!! You are all set, not worry about INS anymore. I am still waiting for Name check clearance, not sure when it will be done. I faxed a leter to FBI to know the status, i think they will take 3 to 5 weeks to respond. Have fun and enjoy your freedom.

I had interview yesterday. The office G was very polite and nice. He even talked about the weather things. He asked for last three years tax returns and bank account. We also gave him insurance and apartment lease etc and he put into the file folder. Everything was smooth until last miniute he told us my case looks good and he can approve it but becasue he does not have my name check info so he can not stamp on my passport. He told us we don't need to do anything. He will mail us the approval letter once he get my name check back. It has been over a month since my finger print done and they don't have my name check.

Dukhi, you have the same situation like me, do you get any responce from FBI yet? Should I need to check with FBI too? Thank you and hope you get your approval letter soon and me too!

Dukhi,

My husband and I had our AOS interview in the Charleston, SC district office on June 28. We filed way back in August 28, 2001.

We are also waiting on the FBI name check. What is the fax number where I can ask the status??

Now, my husband is waiting to receive his 4th EAD. We were hoping for the AOS approval before that.

Thanks in advance,

Kiska