• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

I couldn't attach a photo , but Now I logging l get the (add applicant) button its already there.

You're not required to include a photo with the DS-260 form.

What you need to do is to email KCC and request them to unlock both you and your wife's forms so that you can list the baby on those forms. In addition, you'll also use the add applicant button to create a separate form for your baby also.

Thank, but I mean i took snapshot from the form showing the button of (add applicant) , I can't added this snapshut "here"

You're not required to include a photo with the DS-260 form.

What you need to do is to email KCC and request them to unlock both you and your wife's forms so that you can list the baby on those forms. In addition, you'll also use the add applicant button to create a separate form for your baby also.
Great info but I have doubt whether requesting KCC to unlock and update family data may illongate days of interview and visa processes or not? What shall we do if we want the baby to come later.

Great info but I have doubt whether requesting KCC to unlock and update family data may illongate days of interview and visa processes or not? What shall we do if we want the baby to come later.

Would you rather your case be delayed as a result of updating your information due to changes in your circumstances, or be denied for failure to update the forms due to changes in your circumstances? Your choice!

Anyways if you want the baby to immigrate later, you still have to unlock your forms and list the baby on you and your wife's forms. But don't fill out a separate DS260 form for the baby. Then after you get to the US, you sponsor the baby - be prepared to be separated from the baby for close to 2 years and be ready to spend a lot more money, and possibly finding a co-sponsor in case your income isn't enough on its own - if you want your go this route.

You don't really have an option - you have a baby and it needs to be added to your case.

Would you rather your case be delayed as a result of updating your information due to changes in your circumstances, or be denied for failure to update the forms due to changes in your circumstances? Your choice!

Anyways if you want the baby to immigrate later, you still have to unlock your forms and list the baby on you and your wife's forms. But don't fill out a separate DS260 form for the baby. Then after you get to the US, you sponsor the baby - be prepared to be separated from the baby for close to 2 years and be ready to spend a lot more money, and possibly finding a co-sponsor in case your income isn't enough on its own - if you want your go this route.
Thank u Sm1smom & SusieQQQ,
If that is the case, I'll update the data.
So you are saying if I want the baby to immigrate later, separate DS260 is not required for the baby and too costy to be/find sponsor later. However Is separate DS260 necessary for the baby if it comes with us? Thanks again all.

Thank u Sm1smom & SusieQQQ,
If that is the case, I'll update the data.
So you are saying if I want the baby to immigrate later, separate DS260 is not required for the baby and too costy to be/find sponsor later. However Is separate DS260 necessary for the baby if it comes with us? Thanks again all.

Yes I already told you what you need to do. Contact KCC to unlock both you and your wife's forms so that you can list the baby on your forms. In addition, fill out a separate DS-260 form for the baby also.

Sm1smom:
i have the same case, i was following with KCC to unlock the forms, then they didn't unlocked it, but in the main time i was checking the forms (DS-260) I found this option (add applicant) i added my new baby now, after i read this threat carefully you mentioned the unlock will cause me delay/ refuse, canceled the whole process??
and also in the same time i have to add her on my case!! what is the perfect option do i have here?
1- i added already the baby and its showed in the (Summary Information).
2- even showed under my wife forms as chiled number3
3- on my form its not added there yet!!
how its come? when i added her there its already added and showed child number 3 under the wife but not under my form!!

thank you once again.

by the way, i can't add photo here on this "forums" ?!!
i need to attached some photo showing the issue clearly.

Sm1smom:
i have the same case, i was following with KCC to unlock the forms, then they didn't unlocked it, but in the main time i was checking the forms (DS-260) I found this option (add applicant) i added my new baby now, after i read this threat carefully you mentioned the unlock will cause me delay/ refuse, canceled the whole process??
and also in the same time i have to add her on my case!! what is the perfect option do i have here?
1- i added already the baby and its showed in the (Summary Information).
2- even showed under my wife forms as chiled number3
3- on my form its not added there yet!!
how its come? when i added her there its already added and showed child number 3 under the wife but not under my form!!

thank you once again.

No I did not state "the unlock will cause delay/ refuse, canceled the whole process??" You have completely misunderstood what I wrote. @Markos was considering not adding the baby because he thinks it might delay his interview, my response was simply trying to make him see that even if adding the baby may delay the interview, isn't it better for that to be the case than to be completely denied because the baby wasn't added?

I don't know how the baby's information managed to show up on your wife's DS-260 form and not on yours after using the 'add applicant' button to create the baby's DS-260 form. Notwithstanding, you should still request KCC to unlock your form to enable you add the baby's data to yours.

No I did not state "the unlock will cause delay/ refuse, canceled the whole process??" You have completely misunderstood what I wrote. @Markos was considering not adding the baby because he thinks it might delay his interview, my response was simply trying to make him see that even if adding the baby may delay the interview, isn't it better for that to be the case than to be completely denied because the baby wasn't added?

I don't know how the baby's information managed to show up on your wife's DS-260 form and not on yours after using the 'add applicant' button to create the baby's DS-260 form. Notwithstanding, you should still request KCC to unlock your form to enable you add the baby's data to yours.

Thank you
yes I will do.
If sure it will not delay the sceduale.

Thank you
yes I will do.
If sure it will not delay the sceduale.

For sheez! Are you paying any attention at all?:rolleyes: Even if it delays the interview, is that a big deal?? So you will rather not add the information because you're trying to ensure your interview doesn't get delayed? My goodness!!!

Just same my case first of all, Congrats for the baby, you have to send email to KCC updating them to open the form to add your new family member, they will open it and you can logging again then add your new baby.
This is what I done, but now if you open the form in the ds260 upper left side could you check is there's option to add new applecant or not?!
Yes there is. However I will wait KCC atleast for one day whether it'll unlock both forms or not .

Thanks to all yesterday i sent to KCC, today i came to find they unlocked the form.
i add the doughtier to my form and already i added her as applicant before.

now everything is Ok (i hope :)).

Dear Wadsitty,
Congrats. I was sending e-mail to KCC two three times. But I have got only common automatic reply. How can u get the response within a day. Can u send me the following things:
1. KCC e-mail address
2. Subject of your e-mail
3. Content of your e-mail

Thank you for your response.

Dear Wadsitty,
Congrats. I was sending e-mail to KCC two three times. But I have got only common automatic reply. How can u get the response within a day. Can u send me the following things:
1. KCC e-mail address

Did you put your full name, case number and date of birth in USA format (mm-dd -yyyy) in your email?

Yup, just as bellow:

Case Number:2017AF0002xxxx
Principal Applicant Name:(My name as in the Form)
Birth of Date: 08-28-19xx
Dears, please unlock my DS-260 Form to allow me adding my Baby, its added through (add applicant) but showed in my Wife forms not mine.
So please open the form of the Principal Applicant( Name:xxxx).

And they replay:

Thank you for your inquiry.
Your request to unlock the DS-260(s) you indicated is now complete. Unlocked DS-260’s can be edited on the Consular Electronic Application Center website. You may now make any necessary changes. Please note that unlocked DS-260s must be re-submitted once the necessary changes are made. The failure to re-submit an unlocked DS-260 will affect the processing of your case. Once an application has been unlocked, we are unable to schedule the applicant for interview without a re-submitted DS-260.
When inquiring about the status of a Diversity Visa (DV) case,
you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

Dear Wadsitty,
1. KCC e-mail address

To which address you are sending?
it should be to(KCCDV@state.gov‏)

hello mates could you please help me with this.. I have a degree but since I didn't make the cost sharing payment, I only have the temporary degree and not the original one.. Is it necessary to pay the fee and get the original degree for the interview?? like, is it mandatory?? thanks a lot!!