• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Dear friends,
i have the original copy of my degree from the university. do i still need to authenticate my student copy and grade reports from the university?

best

Dear friends,
i have the original copy of my degree from the university. do i still need to authenticate my student copy and grade reports from the university?

best
No need to authenticate student copy. just take original degree with the student copy.

dear freiend i have question
1. before filling ds 260 my profile of birth date especially month not date & year have problem
later after knowing winners filling birth date month section have changed march to april latter i follow march one allpassport &other docment march is there problem latter

dear freiend i have question
1. before filling ds 260 my profile of birth date especially month not date & year have problem
later after knowing winners filling birth date month section have changed march to april latter i follow march one allpassport &other docment march is there problem latter
Now, what is your correct date of birth and do your respective documents (passport, birth certificate etc.) show this same date?

thank u for your replying my question yes all those my document the same related to birth date but the mistake one is at first competition the intern ate cafe worker mistake the month of birth instead of saying march booking april at that time the period of dv -enntry at lapse of time

thank u for your replying my question yes all those my document the same related to birth date but the mistake one is at first competition the intern ate cafe worker mistake the month of birth instead of saying march booking april at that time the period of dv -enntry at lapse of time

That could be a problem. People have been refused before for incorrect birth date on entries. May I ask which country you are in?

Last question, just to be sure as you mention both documents in your postings: did you erroneously include the incorrect date of birth when filing your DS-260 and/or at original eDV registration? It is the latter which would cause a problem. Original eDV information needs to be correct on all critical points, including DOB, due to active fraud prevention measures. Erroneous DS-260 information may be correctable, if done so well in time before automatic security process initiation.

Last edited:
not include the incorrect of monthof birth date. in my ds-260 i fill the correct one who in line with my passport, birth certifcate &other docment
Are you saying above that you included correct DOB information in your DS-260, yet the original eDV information was incorrect? Sorry, I am slightly struggling with your English, my bad.

Of course, sorry I didn't see it was in the Ethiopian thread!
Incorrect date of birth on the entry form most often leads to denial. You can take a chance and proceed and try argue your case, but realize you will lose all costs incurred including the visa interview fee if you are denied.

Hey guys I really appreciate what you have been doing... I have this thing to ask and i hope you will help me with this specially my ethiopian friends. I have a B.A degree but i haven't recieved the original certificate as i haven't made the cost sharing paymen so i only have the temporaray degree. So how much necessary is it to get the original one? Is it mandatory to have it with me on the interview??

Dear Ethiopian friends,
Fortunately my brother and I are winners of DV 2017. We filled DS 260 form on May 28 & May 20,2016 and our case #s are AF00017xxx & AF00030xxx,respectively. When do we expect our 2nd NL and interview schedule? Will z 2nd NL be notified only by e-mail or else? Still not any notification sent to my e-mail....tnx in advance

Dear Ethiopian friends,
Fortunately my brother and I are winners of DV 2017. We filled DS 260 form on May 28 & May 20,2016 and our case #s are AF00017xxx & AF00030xxx,respectively. When do we expect our 2nd NL and interview schedule? Will z 2nd NL be notified only by e-mail or else? Still not any notification sent to my e-mail....tnx in advance
Hey Markos;

Congratulation to you and your brother On The DV winnings.

According to Previous Visa Bulletins I will GUESS You are likely to Be Up For Interview in the month of February .as for you brother i will GUESS he will be up for interview around June or July. you will find The Second notification(2NL) on the dv selectee page.you will get an email telling you to check the DV ESC Page.you will only get the email when you are scheduled for the interview.

best of luck!!

Dear Ethiopian friends,

Congrats to U and your bro
So your number is 17xxx and you didn't get the 2nl?!
I think you well get your interview at February.
Good luck.

Dear friends, I'm really happy to have ur swift response. I appreciate ur support. Thanks again. I will update u z result anyways.

I have one simple question dears. After completing DS 260, My wife gave birth to a baby boy. However, our baby is not included in the form. What shall we do?

I have one simple question dears. After completing DS 260, My wife gave birth to a baby boy. However, our baby is not included in the form. What shall we do?

Just same my case first of all, Congrats for the baby, you have to send email to KCC updating them to open the form to add your new family member, they will open it and you can logging again then add your new baby.
This is what I done, but now if you open the form in the ds260 upper left side could you check is there's option to add new applecant or not?!