• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi friends,
Nice to see friends here to share our experience and opinion, I am dv2017 Winner from Ethiopia CN 334**, Now I'm studying at Hawassa University(first year) , while filling the ds260 I didn't mention I'm learning at university should I update? What if I didn't?

Dear all
I've been living in Italy for 2 years. I will go back to my country next month and make interview in Addis. Before return to Ethiopia ,I will request a police certificate(certificato generale del casellario giudiziale and certificato dei carichi pendenti ). I wonder if anyone has an ideal about authentication process in Italy. Does change of current address caused any a significant delay in the process ?

Hi friends,
Nice to see friends here to share our experience and opinion, I am dv2017 Winner from Ethiopia CN 334**, Now I'm studying at Hawassa University(first year) , while filling the ds260 I didn't mention I'm learning at university should I update? What if I didn't?
Welcome to the forum man
I am guessing u were not enrolled at the university when u filled the Ds 260 .I think u will be fine if u just told them the truth at the interview

All goes current except for Ethiopia, Egypt, Iran & Nepal......that's is a good newes wright? Though I have one question at the beginning I was wondering why exception for Ethiopia and I had an answer which sayes sligthly high number of selectees compared with our region Africa which is already current and the majority of the winners are concenerated at the lower case number, so inorder to minimize the work load emassys should scattered schedule through out the year
1) are small numberes still exist, is there still a back log effect
2)do we have a chance to be current on next VB
3) on our DS260 form the address we use is the adress on our kebele ID since we don't own our property yet,we are living by renting houses and we use our parents adrees, can it couse any complication on our interview,shall we discuse this at our interview? what shall we do? thank you

Slam every one please I really need your help, on our D's 260 form for the question have you lived any where other than this address after sixten we say NO because we have never change region but we do change houses since we do not have our own property, as well the address we use for any goveremental issue for our country is the adrees of our parents which is the same as the address on our kebele id.that's the address on our DS260 please Z Great say some thing about this am so worried wright Know

Slam every one please I really need your help, on our D's 260 form for the question have you lived any where other than this address after sixten we say NO because we have never change region but we do change houses since we do not have our own property, as well the address we use for any goveremental issue for our country is the adrees of our parents which is the same as the address on our kebele id.that's the address on our DS260 please Z Great say some thing about this am so worried wright Know

Hi arsem -6- 123;

You are Just stressing over nothing.as long as you have lived in addis(or In Ethiopia for that matter) its ok to answer NO.not everyone is a house owner.

Thank you so much!!! so no need of unlocking at this boiling point of our process wright? incase if we are asked we can discuse it at our interview :)
Hi arsem -6- 123;

You are Just stressing over nothing.as long as you have lived in addis(or In Ethiopia for that matter) its ok to answer NO.not everyone is a house owner.

Welcome to the forum man
I am guessing u were not enrolled at the university when u filled the Ds 260 .I think u will be fine if u just told them the truth at the interview
Welcome to the forum man
Welcome to the forum man
hi friend thank you for your reply
yea I joined University after I filled the form.

guys i think its time to make our self ready in any way we can i just have the filling most of us will be current on the next month VB for those who are already current and for those that their number is very close to the lat bulletin here is the order of authentication your documents [source:- 2015 forum page 166 by Rolex]
here it is
    • Ethiopian Academic Documents Authentication Procedures

High School Transcript Authentication
      First one needs to authenticate the transcript from grade 9-12 at the school where u attended your high school level and then bring the school authenticated transcript to the regional education bureau for final authentication. (This step is not necessary according to this years interviewed winners. If you can do it but if you can't don't bother.)

High School National Exam Certificates Authentication
      First one needs to authenticate the National Exam Certificates at the Ministry of Education and then take the authenticated Certificate to Minstry of Foreign Affairs for final Authentication

Higher Level Institutes Certificate and Grade Report Authentication
      First one needs to go to the university/college to authenticate the higher level Certificate but for the new curriculum graduates most of the Universities request the receipt of payment for cost sharing in order to authenticate.Once u authenticate the certificate and the grade report as well from your Institute then go to MoFA for final Authentication.

High School (Preparatory School)
      Place: The Place where u attended your Secondary and/or Preparatory Courses
      Price: 10 birr/Paper
      Requirement: unauthenticated High School Transcript
      Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

Addis Ababa City Education Bureau:
      Price: 25 birr/Paper
      Place: on the road from 6Killo to Ferensai/Bella in front of Oromia Court or u can use the back gate which is in front of 6Killo Egypt Embassy next to International Leadership Institute
      Requirement: 8th Grade Ministry Certificate and School Authenticated High School Transcript
      Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

MoE/NoE (Ministry of Education/National Organization for Examination)
      Place: 5Killo St. Marry Church in front of Abune Paulos Residence next to Menelik II Primary School
      Price: 35 Birr/Paper
      Requirement: unauthenticated High School Certificates [EGSECE(10th),EGSLCE(10th),ESLCE(12th),EHEECE(12th)]
      Time: if u give the Certificate in the Morning,u can take it back either 5:30 Local time in the morning or 10:30 in the afternoon

MoFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Consular & Document Authentication Section)
      Place: Casanchis on the road to Bambis via Ministry of Labor
      Price: 150 Birr/Paper
      Requirement: MoE authenticated Certificates
      Time: better to go in the morning and it took around 30 minutes (works 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Documents Authentication Procedures for Private School Graduates
        1. If u have a diploma or degree form private school
      • Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Federal Higher Education Authentication agency in front of the embassy of united state.
      • Price 200.00 per page
      • Finally MoFA
    1. If u have a diploma from technical school out of Addis Ababa
    • Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Regional Technical and Authentication Agency
    • Finally MoFA
NOTE: - When you authenticate your document in any office don’t forget beside the stamp you need a signecher of the person who authenticate. I see on the MoFA one of our friends (DV winner) ordered to get the signecher form Bihardar while he has the official Stamp. Good Luck!!!

one more, docs which needs to be prepared for interview
[source:- 2015 forum page 32 by Rolex]
here is documents you should provide during the interview :
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
9. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education) b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
10 . work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
11 . 330 USD. per applicant ( u can take birr)

Is it it necessary to authenticate only for z principal applicants or for the dependents too?

If you're referring to the educational documents, there's no need to authenticate the beneficiaries' documents. Serves no purpose in this case. The principal applicant's (main selectee) educational documents are the only ones that matter.

No need of of back up just incase? what about after successful interview for education and jobs in us we don't need to autenticate our docs MOM?
If you're referring to the educational documents, there's no need to authenticate the beneficiaries' documents. Serves no purpose in this case. The principal applicant's (main selectee) educational documents are the only ones that matter.[/

one more, docs which needs to be prepared for interview
[source:- 2015 forum page 32 by Rolex]
here is documents you should provide during the interview :
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
9. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education) b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
10 . work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
11 . 330 USD. per applicant ( u can take birr)

you really did a nice work for the thread!! thanx!