• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

Oh boy, I guess your company will support you on the sensitivity training part, then ;) What I can tell you, though: managing an international firm as CEO USA, with both domestic and international employees, I would be legally obliged to terminate any person for cause if one or more of my employees would be directly or indirectly involved in the production, distribution or consumption of such video, including off work hour distribution to team members private e-mail addresses or involving any usage of business computers, networks etc. Again, this then would have nothing to do with my personal taste of humor or whether or not I'd personally endorse an intended message, it's just the way it is - you obviously know this well from your company, no surprises here, then :). Other than that, no problems from my pov... :D

Wow. Sounds like you are running "Up tight Incorporated". :eek:

Oh man - that one is quite "adult". Added a bit more of a NSFW warning for ya.

So now I am totally confused how to behave for the interview. I either go in full "BOSS" mode as you suggest or I take some valium and eat some humility flakes as suggested by Mom and my wife. In my head I know their advice is better than yours in this case, but I dunno Franky, BOSS mode is tempting!!!

Hmnn! Decision, decision decision! Go in full BOSS mode or follow Mrs. Britsimon and mom's suggestion? Some tough choice for you to make, I think? :rolleyes: Well, me thinks here's a lil' something to remind you who da real boss ;)

Oh boy, I guess your company will support you on the sensitivity training part, then ;) What I can tell you, though: managing an international firm as CEO USA, with both domestic and international employees, I would be legally obliged to terminate any person for cause if one or more of my employees would be directly or indirectly involved in the production, distribution or consumption of such video, including off work hour distribution to team members private e-mail addresses or involving any usage of business computers, networks etc. Again, this then would have nothing to do with my personal taste of humor or whether or not I'd personally endorse an intended message, it's just the way it is - you obviously know this well from your company, no surprises here, then :). Other than that, no problems from my pov... :D

Well. It's good:
- that you are not the CEO of my company (are you? :) )
- that I'm using my mobile because my company has strict rules about using and sharing content at work
- that my company respects my privacy and what I share/do/like outside of work has no influence on how they perceive me
- that I'm not responsible for this video as it was made by a long running comedy show on NBC, a show that actually has won numerous awards since its debut, including 36 Primetime Emmy Awards, 2 Peabody Awards, and 4 Writers Guild of America Awards. In 2009, it received a total of 13 Emmy nominations for a lifetime total of 126, breaking the record for the most award nominated show in Emmy history ( watched loads of it "back in the day" :))
- that the video was aired on TV in the US and it is available online with no restrictions
- that this is an Internet forum and cannot be used to judge one's sensitivity or character
- that for all that you know people, I might be 12 year old kid who is messing with ya

:)

I'd go with MRS Jayzzzzzz :;)

Hmnn! Decision, decision decision! Go in full BOSS mode or follow Mrs. Britsimon and mom's suggestion? Some tough choice for you to make, I think? :rolleyes: Well, me thinks here's a lil' something to remind you who da real boss ;)

Well. It's good:
- that I'm using my mobile because my company has strict rules about using and sharing content at work
- that my company respects my privacy and what I share/do/like outside of work has no influence on how they perceive me
- that I'm not responsible for this video as it was made by a long running comedy show on NBC, a show that actually has won numerous awards since its debut, including 36 Primetime Emmy Awards, 2 Peabody Awards, and 4 Writers Guild of America Awards. In 2009, it received a total of 13 Emmy nominations for a lifetime total of 126, breaking the record for the most award nominated show in Emmy history ( watched loads of it "back in the day" :))
- that the video was aired on TV in the US and it is available online with no restrictions
- that this is an Internet forum and cannot be used to judge one's sensitivity or character
- that for all that you know people, I might be 12 year old kid who is messing with ya

That's why I love america !
We can agree and desagree, have divergences, differente opinions.....
But your liberty and freedom of expression is protected by the 2nd ammandement ;)

God bless america :D

Not really, Britsimon, yet US employment law does not allow for any leeway in this respect, presuming one would like to avoid costly lawsuits...

Really, I'm pretty well versed in US employment law (because I specialize in HR systems for very large employers) and I cannot for the life of me think what aspect of the law you are referring to - and certainly not one so concrete as one that does not "allow for any leeway in this respect".

Well. It's good:

- unlikely, my company operates in the B2C sector
- sure, your company has strict rules about using company networks & equipment, this is standard procedure
- yes, they will do that as long as what you do outside of work complies with applicable US employment law (there are clearly defined reasons for termination, depending on employee actions outside of work)
- no, simply the fact that you were sharing it (in this scenario) with company employees, customers, suppliers etc., including their personal e-mail address using your home computer, would constitute reason for termination for cause, who produced it and how many awards it may have received is not relevant, as long as the video would objectively be perceived as offensive by the person receiving it, based on applicable US employment case law.
- see above
- correct, as you know, in no cases did I refer to posting this and the previous video in this forum
- nope, you sure are not a 12 year old kid, franko, you are a responsible and well balanced adult, as evidenced by all your other postings.

Obviously, our communication, albeit surely relevant, clearly is outside the scope of this forum and we should therefore come to closure, here. Please feel free to send me a PM if I can be of help, surely will be glad to do so if I can. Happy Labor Day! :)

Last edited:
No worries Euro. No need for PM. We are just having a polite conversation.
Unlike my younger self - I enjoy different points of view.

The scenario seems to be a problem here. In this scenario you assumed that I have shared this with anyone outside this forum. Which I did not.

I seriously try to keep my work life and personal affairs separate. And believe me - my work will allow my to take my wife to Cali which I promised her long time ago (along with DV successful interview) soooooo I got it covered. ;)

There's a reason they call me "golden boy" at work! :cool:

In the gym now so...uuuuu Beyoncé on the TV screen

See yaaaa

Hi guys

I've been very busy for last few days so I didn't read you. I hope everything is all right for you.

I leave TODAY definitively for USA!!!
See you very quick from CHIcAGO!!!!:cool::p:p:p:p:p:p
I'm soooo happy for you grand ma. All the best to your big family. May God lead you in the right path of this new life. A big hug from my side.

Wawwwaaaaaweeeeeeeewwaaaa!

Awesome Chicago! Super happy for you, Mr Chicago and all of the hundreds of Little Chicagos that you are taking with ya ;)

Once you're in charge, let us know :)

In charge of Chicago I mean!

Hi guys

I've been very busy for last few days so I didn't read you. I hope everything is all right for you.

I leave TODAY definitively for USA!!!
See you very quick from CHIcAGO!!!!:cool::p:p:p:p:p:p

Have a fantastic trip and all the best for your new life!

He shot down my plans to launch boss mode by being on top of things (and also that I left my butt exposed through my own mistake). He was very good and fully aware of my letter of complaint. Yesterday was a holiday here, so we had been told we were getting a September interview (annoyingly) but at least they gave us the earliest possible appointment in September. So in all, I think SF FO have tried to put things right for us somewhat.

We had three interview slots, the first being at 7:45am. The IO actually came out to the waiting area and came directly to us (he had looked at our photos in our pack). A bit of smalltalk, some playful comments to Miss Britsimon. He swore us and then started with questions. AoS is a bit different to CP. The I485 has a bunch of standard questions, he basically read through every one of those asking us to confirm the answers as given. He asked to see ID, passports, recent payslips, job offer letter, and had the AoS packs with him (which included education stuff etc).

Oh, one big thing which was good (I should have told Mom this) is that my wife's name in her passport is her maiden name. It is not easy to change the passport name in Spain - and is something we never did. So - she has been doing lots of things in her maiden name here (annoying for me). We were prepared to do the GC in her maiden name but he changed the AoS form to make the case go through under the married name. The only downside is that my wife will have to carry her marriage certificate for travel until she gets off her butt and changes her passport. But that was good.

He shot down my plans to launch boss mode by being on top of things (and also that I left my butt exposed through my own mistake). He was very good and fully aware of my letter of complaint. Yesterday was a holiday here, so we had been told we were getting a September interview (annoyingly) but at least they gave us the earliest possible appointment in September. So in all, I think SF FO have tried to put things right for us somewhat.

We had three interview slots, the first being at 7:45am. The IO actually came out to the waiting area and came directly to us (he had looked at our photos in our pack). A bit of smalltalk, some playful comments to Miss Britsimon. He swore us and then started with questions. AoS is a bit different to CP. The I485 has a bunch of standard questions, he basically read through every one of those asking us to confirm the answers as given. He asked to see ID, passports, recent payslips, job offer letter, and had the AoS packs with him (which included education stuff etc).

Oh, one big thing which was good (I should have told Mom this) is that my wife's name in her passport is her maiden name. It is not easy to change the passport name in Spain - and is something we never did. So - she has been doing lots of things in her maiden name here (annoying for me). We were prepared to do the GC in her maiden name but he changed the AoS form to make the case go through under the married name. The only downside is that my wife will have to carry her marriage certificate for travel until she gets off her butt and changes her passport. But that was good.
Excellent, Britsimon - very happy for you and wife! Continued good luck. EURO2014