• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Lottery - Second notification letter

I'm a successful 2014 selectee. I'm a single mother with 15 years old daughter, who is diagnosed with autism...Learning disability. I read in the FAQ that I need to provide details of her disabilities, required care and etc. Who, where, How to get this information? Psychologist?

Will this be a strong reason for my visa to be rejected? I have a MBA from the US and have been working as IT Project Manager for the past 15 years, so I will not be a likely public charge candidate. Will she be viewed as one?

Carmen you are pretty safe, the danger of disqualification is related to communicable disease of public health significance 1. Chancroid 2. Gonorrhea 3. granuloma inguinale 4. acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) 5. Hansen’s disease (infectious leprosy) 6. lymphogranuloma venereum 7. infectious state syphilis 8. infectious tuberculosis (TB) (clinically active).
Take some of the medical records (that show there is a medical treatment) to the medical exam (in the same manner as for example it was Hepatitis, you would have to show that you are doing something about it). Keep the child off dairy food (find diet for autism on goolge, msn), have patience and confidence and share the good news on the forum

I'm a successful 2014 selectee. I'm a single mother with 15 years old daughter, who is diagnosed with autism...Learning disability. I read in the FAQ that I need to provide details of her disabilities, required care and etc. Who, where, How to get this information? Psychologist?

Will this be a strong reason for my visa to be rejected? I have a MBA from the US and have been working as IT Project Manager for the past 15 years, so I will not be a likely public charge candidate. Will she be viewed as one?

Carmen you are pretty safe, the danger of disqualification is related to communicable disease of public health significance 1. Chancroid 2. Gonorrhea 3. granuloma inguinale 4. acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) 5. Hansen’s disease (infectious leprosy) 6. lymphogranuloma venereum 7. infectious state syphilis 8. infectious tuberculosis (TB) (clinically active).

Communicable disease of public health significance is NOT the only ground of disqualification when it comes to immigration medical exam. In addition to communicable disease of public health significance, INA 212(a)(1) identifies the following other health related issues as grounds of inadmissibility:

- Failure to show proof of required vaccinations (for lawful permanent resident applicants ONLY)
- Physical or mental disorder with associated harmful behavior (Class A)
- Drug abuse or addiction (Class A)

Of course, the fact that a person has a mental or physical disorder is not an automatic disqualification, a qualified civil surgeon still has to perform series evaluations before a call can be made either way. I'm not insinuating that autism is a mental disorder, I cannot make that call as I'm not a civil surgeon nor do I have an indept knowledge of autism.

Carmen98:
My immediate guess would be you should be ok, but I don't think anyone on this forum can make an accurate call without having an indepth knowledge of your daughter's medical condition. You may however find the following links useful as they shed more light on what the civil surgeons/panel doctors have been instructed to look out for:

Technical Instructions for Physical or Mental Disorders with Associated Harmful Behaviors and Substance-Related Disordershttp://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/mental-health-cs-ti.pdf

Physical or Mental Disorders with Associated Harmful Behavior
http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Designated%20Civil%20Surgeons/3_CS_Training-Physical_or_Mental_Disorder_Drug_Abuse_Addiction.ppt

Good luck!

Friends of mine were refused immigration to Australia because their one son is autistic and there was the "later public charge" concern, but they were able to successfully get green cards. However I don't know how much of such rulings is general and how much is case-specific.

there was the "later public charge" concern
How old is the child?
How much "later" could it be?
Public charge is only a reason to be concerned before the child acquires US citizenship.
Was that for insufficient funds to study? For medical treatment?

Second notification letter of Dv 2014

Hey, Guys i would like to know if someone received the second notification letter from KCC for DV 2014. If not when the exact date is starts KCC replaying second notification letter?

And my CN is AF0003**** is too high or low?

Hey, Guys i would like to know if someone received the second notification letter from KCC for DV 2014. If not when the exact date is starts KCC replaying second notification letter?

Your CN (AF0003****) it's low? I don't know but there are more than 125,000 selectees which means someone has a CN like AF00125000.

2nd letter for DV2014 will be after 15th August.

be prepared for the interview,don't care about high no/low no,all Dv Selectees with high no /low no will have interview

Just to touch on the posts I'm reading, the emphasis I make again is that all DV2014 selectees start obtaining all their educational, work and civil documents together (and save up as much money as possible!).

Just leave out the medical and police certificate until you receive your 2nd NLs as they have a validity period attached to them. In most cases from what I have read the medicals are valid for six months and police certificates have either three months or six months validity depending on the country (some countries have no validity restrictions on police certificates).

The September visa bulletin (showing September the last month of DV2013 and October the start of DV2014) will be released in a day or two so keep a sharp lookout for it and make your preparations accordingly.

Interviews are practically guaranteed even for high case numbers (at the most you'll become current in September 2014) unless there are specific cut-offs for specific continents/countries so do not lose sleep over this. What should be causing anxiety is the procurement of your documents.

In reference to my personal experience, I had 90% of my documents ready a month before my interview save for one or two documents and believe me it takes the weight off your shoulders and reduces 75% of the stress factor knowing that you've got 90% of your documents in hand.

The remaining stress factor of 25% will only really kick in a month/week before your interviews and during that last month/week, you will experience sleepless nights, stress, hair falling (I hope not for the men lol), lack of appetite, restricted ability to focus on other things.

It is human nature and it has happened to many of us who have gone through this journey. It is really exhausting and it will all be squeezed out of you and realised when the consular officer tells you "congratulations, your visa has been approved", and you'll truly wonder where that 1,000% effort came from in the months/weeks/days before the interview and you will appreciate God's work and the endurance/triumph of the human spirit (for those who have read William Faulkner's books).

Time is of the essence in the DV so don't leave it to chance when it comes to DV documentation and savings.

Of course there's the rest of us who have made the journey and now we serve to guide and pray for you in your respective journeys wherever you may be from.

All The Best!

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania - SUCCESS!!!
Visa Pick up - August 14th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013 - booked already on Emirates!
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

Just to touch on the posts I'm reading, the emphasis I make again is that all DV2014 selectees start obtaining all their educational, work and civil documents together (and save up as much money as possible!).

Just leave out the medical and police certificate until you receive your 2nd NLs as they have a validity period attached to them. In most cases from what I have read the medicals are valid for six months and police certificates have either three months or six months validity depending on the country (some countries have no validity restrictions on police certificates).

The September visa bulletin (showing September the last month of DV2013 and October the start of DV2014) will be released in a day or two so keep a sharp lookout for it and make your preparations accordingly.

Interviews are practically guaranteed even for high case numbers (at the most you'll become current in September 2014) unless there are specific cut-offs for specific continents/countries so do not lose sleep over this. What should be causing anxiety is the procurement of your documents.

In reference to my personal experience, I had 90% of my documents ready a month before my interview save for one or two documents and believe me it takes the weight off your shoulders and reduces 75% of the stress factor knowing that you've got 90% of your documents in hand.

The remaining stress factor of 25% will only really kick in a month/week before your interviews and during that last month/week, you will experience sleepless nights, stress, hair falling (I hope not for the men lol), lack of appetite, restricted ability to focus on other things.

It is human nature and it has happened to many of us who have gone through this journey. It is really exhausting and it will all be squeezed out of you and realised when the consular officer tells you "congratulations, your visa has been approved", and you'll truly wonder where that 1,000% effort came from in the months/weeks/days before the interview and you will appreciate God's work and the endurance/triumph of the human spirit (for those who have read William Faulkner's books).

Time is of the essence in the DV so don't leave it to chance when it comes to DV documentation and savings.

Of course there's the rest of us who have made the journey and now we serve to guide and pray for you in your respective journeys wherever you may be from.

All The Best!

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania - SUCCESS!!!
Visa Pick up - August 14th 2013
Departure Date - August 17th 2013 - booked already on Emirates!
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

I wish you a good luck in your new life. Thanks a lot for your advises, this will help to answer many questions. Plz don't leave this forum we'll need your help in coming days. Be blessed ! Bon voyage!

To add one thing to Momo though, depending where you come from, you may want to apply for police certificates slightly earlier (ours took 8 weeks which is longer than the usual advance warning you get of your interview). I'd say track the Visa Bulletin, and when it looks like your number will be in the following one, then apply...

I haven't heard of any country yet where the panel physicians take appointments for the medicals before you have a 2NL to show them?

Thanks for your replay!!

CN: AF0003****
Entry Checked: 01.05.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 20.05.2013
I sent the forms to KCC using DHL when I track online through the WAYBILL number it says delivered (Get signature proof of delivery). But I didn’t get any Forms Received Confirmation. So do I have to email or call to KCC?

Thanks for your replay!!

I sent the forms to KCC using DHL when I track online through the WAYBILL number it says delivered (Get signature proof of delivery). But I didn’t get any Forms Received Confirmation. So do I have to email or call to KCC?

when did you send the forms?

Thanks for your replay!!

Signature
For your fellow DV winners to be able to know and interact with you well please update your signatures. This is the place your forum mates will see when you sent the forms, when you are going for medicals, interviews, and even your POE Point Of Entry or where you intend to stay in the US.

Steps >>>> At the top of the page go to Forum Action >>>>Click on Edit Profile >>>> on the left side of the page go to >> My Settings >>> click on >>> Edit Signature. When a page opens >> this is where you will write your details to look like the ones you see below our posts.

Has anybody got second letter for edv 2014??if yes please share here...

I got my 2NL on the 5th of Aug which was sent to me 6th morning by email.

I think it depends on your case no. Mine is 2014AS000019xx. I send my D122 on the 23rd June only.