• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Lottery - Second notification letter

Does it mean RaySandra case # has been current? I am not sure about AOS, the 2nd letter only send when your case # is current right? RaySandra, your case # is in borderline of 4k to 5k, right?

No, it does not mean RaySandra's case is current. Contrary to the assumptions by some doing AOS that they received their 2NL because they have low CNs which means they're or will be current in October, KCC email those doing AOS once they're done going over their documents regardless of their CNs or when they'll become current.

CN: AS00004*** (almost 5***)

I recieved a letter from KCC with barcode that says,
''Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).''

>> Is that the 2nd letter for AOS??

>> Any idea when my interview date is gonna be?

you received an email in your email address or by checking the dvlottery,state.gov??????

you mean 2nd notification letter without checking the website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/???????
the 2nd notification letter will be sent in the email address that i entered in the forms?????

you received an email in your email address or by checking the dvlottery,state.gov??????

You need to stop stressing over minor details such as this! Are you doing AOS or CP?

If you're doing AOS: KCC will send you a an email confirming the receipt of your forms and the fact that you've opted to undergo AOS processing. The email will contain instructions on further steps you need to take. Nothing will be posted to the ESC site where you originally checked and saw your selection notification letter.

If you're doing CP: When your number becomes current, KCC will email you with instructions to check the ESC site for new information. When you log on, your selection notification letter would have been replaced by your interview notification letter. You may not necessarily have to wait to receive the email from KCC. You can check the ESC site on your own (without any prompting or email from KCC) a day or two from when the VB indicates your CN is current.

You need to stop stressing over minor details such as this! Are you doing

If you're doing AOS: KCC will send you a an email confirming the receipt of your forms and the fact that you've opted to undergo AOS processing. The email will contain instructions on further steps you need to take. Nothing will be posted to the ESC site where you originally checked and saw your selection notification letter.

If you're doing CP: When your number becomes current, KCC will email you with instructions to check the ESC site for new information. When you log on, your selection notification letter would have been replaced by your interview notification letter. You may not necessarily have to wait to receive the email from KCC. You can check the ESC site on your own (without any prompting or email from KCC) a day or two from when the VB indicates your CN is current.

I'm sorry sm1smom I don't know if I'm CP or AOS
I sent my forms in early may I live in africa AF21***
So, I don't know the right answer if i'll deliver an email or have to check the dvlottery site in 15 of every month
Thanks

I'm sorry sm1smom I don't know if I'm CP or AOS
I sent my forms in early may I live in africa AF21***
So, I don't know the right answer if i'll deliver an email or have to check the dvlottery site in 15 of every month
Thanks

Ok, that means you're doing CP (Consular Processing). You're outside the US and your interview will be at the US embassy/consulate in your home country or country of residence. You will receive an email notification from KCC when your number becomes current telling you to check the website where you previously got your selection notification letter from. When you log on, then you will see a different letter telling you an interview has been scheduled for you at the applicable embassy/consulate.

AOS means Adjustment of Status, and it's applicable to selectees who are already in the US on some other forms of visa and would like to process their case from within the US

Ok, that means you're doing CP (Consular Processing). You're outside the US and your interview will be at the US embassy/consulate in your home country or country of residence. You will receive an email notification from KCC when your number becomes current telling you to check the website where you previously got your selection notification letter from. When you log on, then you will see a different letter telling you an interview has been scheduled for you at the applicable embassy/consulate.

AOS means Adjustment of Status, and it's applicable to selectees who are already in the US on some other forms of visa and would like to process their case from within the US

Thanks sm1smom I got it

Second letter notification

Hi, Everyone
I got selected for DV 2014. Sent the required forms to Kentucky on 31st May. Called Kentucky several times and said they received my forms and allow 5/6 weeks to process. My case no is 2014AS000062**. I am in USA studying in USA currently. What is my chances to get called for interview coz I applied 1 month later for the processing. And is my case number high for my country Nepal(Asia)

Thank you :)

Hi, Everyone
I got selected for DV 2014. Sent the required forms to Kentucky on 31st May. Called Kentucky several times and said they received my forms and allow 5/6 weeks to process. My case no is 2014AS000062**. I am in USA studying in USA currently. What is my chances to get called for interview coz I applied 1 month later for the processing. And is my case number high for my country Nepal(Asia)

Thank you :)

I think they will email you just before a month or so before your number become current. In my case I only send my forms to KCC only in July 23 and i got the confirmation within a week. Look at previous years VB to gauge when your no will come current. good luck

Hi, first congratulations to every one who are dv2014 selectees, i need i little help from you and advice. We are dv2014 winners and we sent files to KCC on june 11th, they receive it on june 17th. We waited for about 4 weeks and then sent them an email with a question did they receive our documents...only response we got is that for large volume of mail processed to KCC on daily basis we should wait for inquiry for atleast six to eight weeks...and we did, after six weeks we sent again an email were we are asking a confirmation of receiving documentation and KCC respond us again in a same way, even my sister called (she is a US citizen and lives there) and they gave her the same answer. Does anyone knows or have an advice for me what to do, or we just need to wait...btw we are case number 15***

Hi, first congratulations to every one who are dv2014 selectees, i need i little help from you and advice. We are dv2014 winners and we sent files to KCC on june 11th, they receive it on june 17th. We waited for about 4 weeks and then sent them an email with a question did they receive our documents...only response we got is that for large volume of mail processed to KCC on daily basis we should wait for inquiry for atleast six to eight weeks...and we did, after six weeks we sent again an email were we are asking a confirmation of receiving documentation and KCC respond us again in a same way, even my sister called (she is a US citizen and lives there) and they gave her the same answer. Does anyone knows or have an advice for me what to do, or we just need to wait...btw we are case number 15***

You have confirmation that they received the documents on the 17th June - so they received it. Your number won't be current for a while, so if I were you I would wait until October (when DV2013 last minute rush has finished) and then email again or better yet, phone.

All of us worry too much about these little things. This is a slow process, exercising patience and relaxing is the thing you will learn...

I really have no problem be patient as long everything will be ok, i saw last year visa bulletin and numbers around 15*** were scheduled for an interview february/march. Thank you for a quick answer and i'll update my status.

I really have no problem be patient as long everything will be ok, i saw last year visa bulletin and numbers around 15*** were scheduled for an interview february/march. Thank you for a quick answer and i'll update my status.

Exactly right, well done and good luck.

I think they will email you just before a month or so before your number become current. In my case I only send my forms to KCC only in July 23 and i got the confirmation within a week. Look at previous years VB to gauge when your no will come current. good luck

The post you responded to is doing AOS. You keep telling people, including those doing AOS that KCC email based on CN. That's not quite right. Response from KCC for those doing AOS is NOT based on their CN. For some reason, you got fortunate, KCC sent your 2NL within an unusually short amount of time. It had nothing to do with your CN. There are people with higher CN who are doing AOS, and whose CNs will certainly not be current in Oct who have equally received their 2NL too.

KCC updated their generic mail.
Now they say, allow 10-12 weeks after sending forms. It was 6-8 weeks before.

KCC updated their generic mail.
Now they say, allow 10-12 weeks after sending forms. It was 6-8 weeks before.

I just called KCC and asked if they have received my form DSP-122, which I sent 2 months ago. Nothing yet... I guess you're right! I'll call next month.