• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hi mates, it's been a while. I will be departing for the U.S. today. My delay is due to a change of host. Will be heading for Massachusetts. Best of luck to everyone...

Have a good flight and good luck for your new life in the U.S. :)

Hi mates, it's been a while. I will be departing for the U.S. today. My delay is due to a change of host. Will be heading for Massachusetts. Best of luck to everyone...
Really that is the same place am gonna stay...we will surely link up.

The forum has become a little dull and needs a boost . I have decided to bring some Joy back unto the Platform by letting Y'all know My Visa including my wife and child have been Approved . Cheers Mate...

Congrats @Crossoficio ....what we have always wanted in here....

share your experience boss and the challenges u had before the interview and how u managed the challenge

The forum has become a little dull and needs a boost . I have decided to bring some Joy back unto the Platform by letting Y'all know My Visa including my wife and child have been Approved . Cheers Mate...

Well i had my very first appointment on the 28th of May only to be told i hadn't finished filling the ds260 for my beneficiaries so i was given an open date to do as such i was handed over a blue paper indicating an Open date . I emailed the Consular section of the American embassy indication my not being able to do so because the Add new applicant section was not available and after two months the Consular section made that possible. After enormous preparations going over and over my Documents i decided to go for the Second War yesterday 9/7/15. After the regular drills at the gate i was permitted to enter and then the wait starts from 07:00 when i presented my Documents and then 10:00 my finger prints and then 15:20 my case was called.
Co: How you doing Sir and Little One with a Smile (Son)
Ans: Am doing Great
Co: Have you ever Traveled outside Ghana: Yes
Ans : Yes
Co : Where
Ans: USA and Roaming in Europe
Co: Where did you sturdy ?
Ans : The United States of America
Co: What do you do , as in work ?
Ans: Information technology related , Systems Administration, Satellite Communication and Security, Data Forensics
Co: She picks a photo and ask me ...Which occasion was this taken ?
Ans: My childs One year birthday
Co: Where do you work ?
Ans:....................................................
Co : Your Visa is Approved with a smile and then she said i should consider the 2 month delay and plan ahead for my trip
Me : Thank You (Smiles all the way Home and had dinner out with the Family. Got home and Thanked the Lord )
Nothing was asked about my errors in my name change, My wife's change of name, Error with some dates and all that . In all things Give thanks unto the lord because he is the only one that makes things Possible. Thank You all for your Support .

Hi, sorry for the late update: I arrived safely in Boston @2.20pm, on July 8th, spent an hour going through immigration. My SSN should be ready in 2 weeks, yet to apply for green card and the State I.D. I'm currently living in Stoughton, MA.- fantastic neighbourhood, enjoying every bit of it... thanks to everyone who contributed to my success..wish y'all the very best...

Hi, sorry for the late update: I arrived safely in Boston @2.20pm, on July 8th, spent an hour going through immigration. My SSN should be ready in 2 weeks, yet to apply for green card and the State I.D. I'm currently living in Stoughton, MA.- fantastic neighbourhood, enjoying every bit of it... thanks to everyone who contributed to my success..wish y'all the very best...

When you say "apply for the green card" do you mean pay the immigrant fee? Because your actual "application" is done automatically when you enter on an immigrant visa ;)

Congratulations on the move and enjoy MA! Lovely place.

What is the $165 Fee I Have to Pay in Order to Get My Green Card After My Consulate Interview?

Effective February 1, 2013, the US immigration service established a new fee which has to be paid by people who receive green cards through interviews US consulates. The fee is $165 per person without regard to age, and must be paid before the individual will be given a green card.

The process for paying the fee is the following:

1. At the conclusion of your interview at the US consulate you will be given your A Number, your department of state case ID which is three letters with nine or ten numbers, and a sealed visa packet. You will also be given instructions regarding what you need to do to pay the fee

2. Create an online USCIS ELIS. Go to www.uscis.gov/USCIS-ELIS. Follow directions to create and online account and select “USCIS Immigrant Fee” and complete your personal biographic information.

3. Pay the USCIS immigrant fee of $165. You can pay the fee for all family members in one transaction. If you pay for family members, you must have their A-Numbers, DOS case ID numbers, and correct biographic information. You may pay with a valid credit or debit card, or a US bank checking account with the appropriate bank routing numbers.

4. Travel to the US

5. After you are admitted to the United States, USCIS will verify payment of the USCIS immigrant fee and mail your permanent resident card (green card) to the address you provided to the department of state at the time of your immigrant visa interview.

Many people believe that they will not be allowed to enter the US until they have paid this fee, and in fact we have heard that some officers at the consulate tell them that they cannot travel to the US until this fee is paid. This is not correct.

Once you have been approved at the consulate, a stamp will be placed in your passport and you have six months in which to enter the US and officially claim your status as a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

The USCIS immigrant fee is not required to be paid prior to traveling to the US; however you will not be given an actual physical plastic green card until the fee has been paid.

The stamp in your passport which indicates that you are a permanent resident is only valid for a period of one year and cannot be extended. If you have not paid the immigrant visa fee by the end of the one year, the stamp will expire and you will no longer have any proof that you are lawfully residing in the United States.

USCIS strongly recommends that you pay the immigrant fee after you receive your immigrant package from the department of state and before you depart for the United States.

The USCIS immigrant fee allows USCIS to recover the cost for processing and maintaining the immigrant visa package, and the cost of delivering and producing the permanent resident card.

Attorneys, accredited representatives, employers are not authorized to create a USCIS ELIS account on your behalf to pay the USCIS immigrant fee. Only you are the immigrant, may open a USCIS ELIS account and pay the required fee.

Please keep a copy of your receipt for your records. If you fail to pay your fee after entering the US, USCIS will send a request for evidence to your address.