• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Ok so you will get your passport just before the interview :eek: Well they will definitely see it is a brand new issued one and understand why it is not on the DS260 then!
I presume everything else is in order and ready?
Yes. Just praying to God for a successful interview

Need someclearification...
Since I have no travelling experience, wat security check would be conducted? Internationally or locally. If internationally, where? If locally, wont the police clearance solve that?
OK, in order to answer the second part of your question first let's look together at a fictive example, no link to any natural people living or dead: here you have Kevin-Prince Boateng, DV2015 AF56,231, DOB 03/06/1987, who has not committed any crime and therefore is able to present a clean police record. However, he was overheard talking on his cell phone by Ghana State Security Services in cooperation with the NSA about concrete plans to bomb the US Consulate in Accra with his associates. Would the US Consulate want to rely on his clean police record and go ahead and issue an IV to the US for this person? Hence security clearance, every IV applicant has to pass, has by definition to include both domestic/local and international security checks and reviews - in fact, where local domestic security information is not directly accessible to the US, respective AP processes take significantly longer, i.e. for DV applicants from Iran. Makes sense?

OK, in order to answer the second part of your question first let's look together at a fictive example, no link to any natural people living or dead: here you have Kevin-Prince Boateng, DV2015 AF56,231, DOB 03/06/1987, who has not committed any crime and therefore is able to present a clean police record. However, he was overheard talking on his cell phone by Ghana State Security Services in cooperation with the NSA about concrete plans to bomb the US Consulate in Accra with his associates. Would the US Consulate want to rely on his clean police record and go ahead and issue an IV to the US for this person? Hence security clearance, every IV applicant has to pass, has by definition to include both domestic/local and international security checks and reviews - in fact, where local domestic security information is not directly accessible to the US, respective AP processes take significantly longer, i.e. for DV applicants from Iran. Makes sense?
A quick question. So assuming u are a security expert who has detected that Kevin prince boateng is working with whoever to bomb wherever, would u issue a police clearance in the first place?

A quick question. So assuming u are a security expert who has detected that Kevin prince boateng is working with whoever to bomb wherever, would u issue a police clearance in the first place?
:) nice one. Police records simply confirm that the person has not committed a crime and that his records are clean. Mere suspicion of domestic terrorism, in this case, are not part of police records as issued for the purpose of the IV and other processes... It would be unreasonable to expect that the US would solely rely on domestic police records to issue IV visa, wouldn't it?

So do u mean to say overhearing someone on phone communicating with NSA to bomb us embassy is,a MERE suspicion?
Let's leave it at that, I think you get my point: official police records include information about crimes committed in the past. A suspicion about a crime, however serious, which has not been committed naturally is not part of any ones police records...

Can you please explain how having a passport number, especially if the person has never travelled anywhere, would make any difference to this situation?

Seeing as your argument was that not having a passport number was the problem.

Let's leave it at that, I think you get my point: official police records include information about crimes committed in the past. A suspicion about a crime, however serious, which has not been committed naturally is not part of any ones police records...

Which has precisely nothing to do with the argument you were making earlier.
You do a good job of making wild statements and then arguing another case entirely when you can't defend your original case, second time you've done it that I can recall now ...