• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I think he publishes these as "public information notices"... After all as we know many people ask such questions even though they are easily findable online.

Yeah, I suppose it's some sort of "public information notice"

I just find it so irritating when someone copies information from a source and posts it like its their own original write up without crediting the original source, and especially when the post is not related to anything being discussed as at the time.

im not sur
Yeah, I suppose it's some sort of "public information notice"

I just find it so irritating when someone copies information from a source and posts it like its their own original write up without crediting the original source, and especially when the post is not related to anything being discussed as at the time.
im not sure we are doing any academic execise here.posting without crediting the source doesnt make any difference here.the bottom line is that the imformation has been useful to some people on this forum.We must appreciate the variance level of education and capabilities of members on this forum and stop the unecessary criticism.there is nothing wrong to educate members but my worry is the way we go about it.
No doubt our honorable moderators have contributed to about 80 percent of our success and we continue to appreciate their input.

im not sur

im not sure we are doing any academic execise here.posting without crediting the source doesnt make any difference here.the bottom line is that the imformation has been useful to some people on this forum.We must appreciate the variance level of education and capabilities of members on this forum and stop the unecessary criticism.there is nothing wrong to educate members but my worry is the way we go about it.
No doubt our honorable moderators have contributed to about 80 percent of our success and we continue to appreciate their input.

I don't think it's about being academic but about others being able to judge how reliable the info is.

I don't think it's about being academic but about others being able to judge how reliable the info is.
great , but it is not all sources that are reliable. the bone of contention here was he not creaditing the source which was absolutely wrong I, agree.but he hasn't in anyway claimed ownership of the post,.I agree any uncredited post presupposes that it is coming from the writer but in this case we all can determine It was from a souce.lets take time and teach others who might have little or no knowledge in some of these things.thanks

great , but it is not all sources that are reliable. the bone of contention here was he not creaditing the source which was absolutely wrong I, agree.but he hasn't in anyway claimed ownership of the post,.I agree any uncredited post presupposes that it is coming from the writer but in this case we all can determine It was from a souce.lets take time and teach others who might have little or no knowledge in some of these things.thanks

You missed the point I was trying to make. Anyone can come on the Internet and post something as fact. Then someone who knows nothing about the subject comes to the forum looking for info. How is that person supposed to be able to decide which of two possibly conflicting posts is correct? Well, if he sees that one actually comes from the department of state originally, he will know he can trust the info in that one. Otherwise he just doesn't know and may end up using the incorrect info.

Whats findable? Easily found online. Lol, sorry had to correct you. This was irritating me.

I'm not sure what your point is. Findable is the adjective form of the word "find"; it is a perfectly acceptable English word which conveys what I wanted to say.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Findable

I'm sorry for irritating you by using a valid word which has the meaning I want to use, but I'm not quite sure how else you expect me to post.

I'm not sure what your point is. Findable is the adjective form of the word "find"; it is a perfectly acceptable English word which conveys what I wanted to say.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Findable

I'm sorry for irritating you by using a valid word which has the meaning I want to use, but I'm not quite sure how else you expect me to post.

Read the statements put as examples. They use "found" in every form. I am not fighting you, just saying that found sounds more grammatically correct.

Its just like when my sister sends me texts spelling wount instead of won't.

Read the statements put as examples. They use "found" in every form. I am not fighting you, just saying that found sounds more grammatically correct.

Its just like when my sister sends me texts spelling wount instead of won't.

I'm sorry you couldn't read to the end and see that findable is the adjective. You are using a verb. There is a change in the meaning.
Here is another explaining it better and not simply saying it is an adjective, which clearly wasn't good enough for you: http://www.yourdictionary.com/findable
If you can't see that "able to be found" is different from "found", or why I would use that in the context of people making an effort to search for something on the web which is what the context was, then that's your issue, not mine.

I've never heard of "wount" but I do see some very strange spellings on these boards seemingly used a lot in certain countries. But my use was neither a spelling nor a grammar error.

I'm sorry you couldn't read to the end and see that findable is the adjective. You are using a verb. There is a change in the meaning.
Here is another explaining it better and not simply saying it is an adjective, which clearly wasn't good enough for you: http://www.yourdictionary.com/findable
If you can't see that "able to be found" is different from "found", or why I would use that in the context of people making an effort to search for something on the web which is what the context was, then that's your issue, not mine.

I've never heard of "wount" but I do see some very strange spellings on these boards seemingly used a lot in certain countries. But my use was neither a spelling nor a grammar error.

Lets just agree to disagree. We're diverting from the topic.

When you say "apply for the green card" do you mean pay the immigrant fee? Because your actual "application" is done automatically when you enter on an immigrant visa ;)

Congratulations on the move and enjoy MA! Lovely place.
Exactly Susie..I meant to say " yet to pay " , thanks for the correction...yea MA is awesome..

these academic engagement will not solve our purpose of being here. lets get the trending and work towards achieving the ultimate reason in this thread. What is going on with the embassy?.....

these academic engagement will not solve our purpose of being here. lets get the trending and work towards achieving the ultimate reason in this thread. What is going on with the embassy?.....
Thank you, from what I hear folks at the US Consulate in Accra are all well :)

Last edited:
Guys, bad news.....i was refused yesterday unjustifiably.....

my refusal was because my name was interchanged in the original entry form. instead of John Paul, it was rather Paul John in their system ( even after correcting it in the DS forms).The CO then said that because i corrected the error in the DS form when it was opened, i had tampered with the original data and that was against the rules of the lottery hence my refusal.

Guys, bad news.....i was refused yesterday unjustifiably.....

my refusal was because my name was interchanged in the original entry form. instead of John Paul, it was rather Paul John in their system ( even after correcting it in the DS forms).The CO then said that because i corrected the error in the DS form when it was opened, i had tampered with the original data and that was against the rules of the lottery hence my refusal.
Very sad, sorry to hear that. How did this eDV/DS-260 mix-up occur?
I understand you were not unprepared for this outcome, specifically in Accra, were you?
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-selectees-from-ghana.320670/page-190#post-2391586

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-selectees-from-ghana.320670/page-190#post-2391595

Last edited: