• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hey Guys What's up?
I've been away from here for a lil while now. I am three weeks two days in North Carolina and still haven't received my SSN neither GC. I know SSN comes earlier than Green Card, Maybe I should receive SSN this week. My sponsor offered me a Job already since I got here but I really need SSN to find a second job where I can meet friends. My first Job is just two of us and it's at night. It's kinda boring here not knowing or seeing anyone from Africa in your community :(
Still wishing my colleagues a successful interview ahead. GOOD LUCK!

Hey Guys What's up?
I've been away from here for a lil while now. I am three weeks two days in North Carolina and still haven't received my SSN neither GC. I know SSN comes earlier than Green Card, Maybe I should receive SSN this week. My sponsor offered me a Job already since I got here but I really need SSN to find a second job where I can meet friends. My first Job is just two of us and it's at night. It's kinda boring here not knowing or seeing anyone from Africa in your community :(
Still wishing my colleagues a successful interview ahead. GOOD LUCK!

Go to your local SSA office with your passport and tell them you want to apply for SSN. In case something went wrong. If it's already in the system they may even be able to give you your number.

Please I want to know how long it will take for me to recieve my green card?
I got my social security card on the 9th, got a job offer on the 15th and started work today (22nd).

I hope my guys preparing for the interview will all come out green. Am with you in prayers.
All the best of luck.
keep on checking your us is account with you receipt. Number

My green card jux arrived but unfortunately it went to Boston, MA. so waiting for it to be posted to me.
Its my own fault, after paying the $165 i just signed out of the uscis-elis site. i forgot to update my details including my address so the old address on the DS-260 was used. But i have done the update now even though late.

just to share what i read this morning http://britsimonsays.com/2nls-for-august-coming-out/ post 22

anchandavy
July 3, 2015 at 1:56 am

Warning for all friends who will get interview ! I have fellow Cambodian who got disqualified during the interview on July 1 2015 . The problem is on Affidavit of Support I-134 here is her statement .
” I am a DV2015 winner from Cambodia. My case number is 2015AS1637. I am a graduated student. I just have a job for 6 months. I went to embassy for my interview on 25th of June. I prepared all the necessary documents for interview. My sponsor is my cousin of father side. He was born in the US. He is single and earned about 48000$ in 2014. During my interview the consular officer ask me about my sponsor who filled the I-134 form for me. The officer asked me who is my sponsor, where he live, what his job and I answers all his questions correctly. After he asked me to show the photo of sponsor and I did it. Later he asked me to show my photo with the sponsor I said I don’t have cos I never toke a photo with him and he only visited Cambodia for one time only. He ask me to sit for a while and called me back. I am really surprised when he said he didn’t believe my relationship with my sponsor he worried I became a public charge and he rejected my DV visa. I argued with him that my sponsor is really my relative and I asked him to investigate my case and decided later but he said NO cos he already decided.
I would like to ask you how can I file a complain and where I can do it. I lost my job and also spent a lot for the processing. ”

just to share what i read this morning http://britsimonsays.com/2nls-for-august-coming-out/ post 22

anchandavy
July 3, 2015 at 1:56 am

Warning for all friends who will get interview ! I have fellow Cambodian who got disqualified during the interview on July 1 2015 . The problem is on Affidavit of Support I-134 here is her statement .
” I am a DV2015 winner from Cambodia. My case number is 2015AS1637. I am a graduated student. I just have a job for 6 months. I went to embassy for my interview on 25th of June. I prepared all the necessary documents for interview. My sponsor is my cousin of father side. He was born in the US. He is single and earned about 48000$ in 2014. During my interview the consular officer ask me about my sponsor who filled the I-134 form for me. The officer asked me who is my sponsor, where he live, what his job and I answers all his questions correctly. After he asked me to show the photo of sponsor and I did it. Later he asked me to show my photo with the sponsor I said I don’t have cos I never toke a photo with him and he only visited Cambodia for one time only. He ask me to sit for a while and called me back. I am really surprised when he said he didn’t believe my relationship with my sponsor he worried I became a public charge and he rejected my DV visa. I argued with him that my sponsor is really my relative and I asked him to investigate my case and decided later but he said NO cos he already decided.
I would like to ask you how can I file a complain and where I can do it. I lost my job and also spent a lot for the processing. ”

This person already started a thread here.