• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello.
I submitted my papers on the 1st of August. They cashed the check.
I got the paper that says that am doing the biometric on Wednesday (8/26) and my number is available in august.

If i got that far does it mean that the I 485 i submitted is correct and has been accepted and has not been denied?

Thank you.

Yes, it means everything is okay for now. It however doesn't mean it still cannot be denied at a later stage. The IO can still deny the petition before or after the interview for various reasons. Nothing is certain until you get the actual GC when it comes to AOS cases.

Hey guys , for aos package do I need police certificate ?
I dont think so, i did not send. And did you go through the spreadsheet? I think it says you dont need for AOS.
This is what is in the spreadsheet.-
No PCC required from other country(ies) of stay since turning 16

I dont think so, i did not send. And did you go through the spreadsheet? I think it says you dont need for AOS.
This is what is in the spreadsheet.-
No PCC required from other country(ies) of stay since turning 16
Thanks. Yes I did but just wanted to make sure and also there's so many forms how did you guys do the package did you guys use any binder or smth ?

In my case, I just used paper clips to separate different sections. Remember no staplers. I did use a acco fastner for my whole package. You can google, there is a link from USCIs on how to send your package.
Thank you I'll check it on the website.

Levo,

In general, I would like to reiterate the same thing everyone is saying. This forum is so helpful. Sm1smom and Britismon knows almost everything and everysteps just listen to them. It is unfortunate that you did not know you could submit your documents 50-60 months earlier from the month you become current. I submitted my documents in May 14 and I was current for July. Anyway, good luck for everything. Another wrong impression you had was to submit by September 30. I would also think the same way but thats not correct. our case should be approved by september 30th. Try to do as fast as possible for everything. Try to expedite as much as you can. Good luck.

Jawan14

Levo,

In general, I would like to reiterate the same thing everyone is saying. This forum is so helpful. Sm1smom and Britismon knows almost everything and everysteps just listen to them. It is unfortunate that you did not know you could submit your documents 50-60 months earlier from the month you become current. I submitted my documents in May 14 and I was current for July. Anyway, good luck for everything. Another wrong impression you had was to submit by September 30. I would also think the same way but thats not correct. our case should be approved by september 30th. Try to do as fast as possible for everything. Try to expedite as much as you can. Good luck.

Jawan14

Hello Jawan,
Thanks for your advices yes unfortunately I didn't know that I was able to submit those but the only thing I'm waiting now is medical exam and I think I'm receiving it on Monday and gonna send the aos package. And I'd really appreciate to everyone here especially to Sm1smom and britismom for help. If I'm at this stage preparing my forms it's because of you guys help once again thanks to everyone...

Btw my sponsor is gonna give me their bank statements , is that gonna be enough or is there any other paper that they need to give me ?

It's their I-134 right and any kind of paper that says were sponsor of this person financially or something like that ?

To be safe IMO I think you really need your sponsors W-2, 1040, and a copy of their American passport or green card. Bank statements alone is kinda risky as usually they want to see proof of your sponsor's continual income.

When I went for my interview (I was also on F-1, so in a similar position as you), my I-134 was refused by my IO because I only had bank statements + W2 from my sponsor. The only reason I didn't get denied was because I decided last minute to bring 6 months of my own bank statements with me (my own personal savings of $80k+) and show this to the IO. Even then, my IO was honestly not super happy about this and said I should have brought a proper affidavit of support with all the needed supporting documents, although this more or less satisfied him.

Just the bank statements alone might be OK, but its your call - its really up to how much the IO wants to scrutinize it I think.

To be safe IMO I think you really need your sponsors W-2, 1040, and a copy of their American passport or green card. Bank statements alone is kinda risky as usually they want to see proof of your sponsor's continual income.

When I went for my interview (I was also on F-1, so in a similar position as you), my I-134 was refused by my IO because I only had bank statements + W2 from my sponsor. The only reason I didn't get denied was because I decided last minute to bring 6 months of my own bank statements with me (my own personal savings of $80k+) and show this to the IO. Even then, my IO was honestly not super happy about this and said I should have brought a proper affidavit of support with all the needed supporting documents, although this more or less satisfied him.

Just the bank statements alone might be OK, but its your call - its really up to how much the IO wants to scrutinize it I think.

Thanks, im gonna send my sponsor's i-134 , W2 / 1040 , their citizenship or passport copy and current bank statements i think these would satisfy them.

Guys besides from my sponsor I also worked with f1 visa and I have a ssn should show my W2 as well ?
Yes. Here is my suggestion, go to the aos package tab in the spreadsheet.. Make a copy for yourself and use it as a checklist to prepare your package. You may not have or need everything listed there, but thats is the best resource available. In the end it is upto you to chose what to send in your AOS package.