• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I think so , beause they told me if I have anything in the blood then they're gonna do the skin test if not they won't.

I think so , beause they told me if I have anything in the blood then they're gonna do the skin test if not they won't.
Thats great. The result for this is usually faster and also it is not affected by prior BCG vaccine. Hopefully this turns negative for you and you will be good to go with the medicals. I think the civil surgeon understood the urgency of your situation. Make sure you ask a copy of the i693 before they seal it. Make everything else ready to post for monday. Go through the spreadsheet and make your documents ready ( checklist). I wish you the best.

Hi everyone,

Today my USCIS account changed to:

Welcome Notice Was Mailed
On August 20, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by October 19, 2015​

As I had mentioned in previous posts, KCC sent my file over via e-mail on Wednesday (August 19th) - so this came very quickly after that :)

One last question - what exactly is Card Production Ordered/CPO and when does it appear? Does this refer to something that will pop up on the USCIS website at some point? The spreadsheet seemed to indicate this will happen before the welcome letter, but my USCIS account updated directly to the above without any mention of card production.

In either case, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has helped me in this thread, either directly or indirectly, such as @Britsimon @Ifitis2be and @SusieQQQ . I specifically want to also thank @Asia174 and @Ivo Stoyanov - going through the process around the same time as both of you (and running into the same issues with KCC delays and such!) and being able to read about your experiences knowing I wasn't alone in all of this was a great help. Given how stressful the process is, having something almost like a support group here in this thread helped my sanity immeasurably, and I'm certain that both of your cases will resolve successfully over the next few days if they haven't already.

Finally, last but not least, I obviously cannot forget to thank the patron saint to DV AOS cases @Sm1smom , whom none of this would have likely been possible without :D

I didn't do the skin test, I gave my blood and got shot today so waiting for Monday.i hope I can send everything on Monday

The skin test takes one minute - but you have to wait for a couple of days for the reaction. It is required. Therefore unless you follow the advice given above you will not get your results on Monday and your forms will be delayed still further.

Hi everyone,

On August 20, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by October 19, 2015​

As I had mentioned in previous posts, KCC sent my file over via e-mail on Wednesday (August 19th) - so this came very quickly after that :)

One last question - what exactly is Card Production Ordered/CPO and when does it appear? Does this refer to something that will pop up on the USCIS website at some point? The spreadsheet seemed to indicate this will happen before the welcome letter, but my USCIS account updated directly to the above without any mention of card production.

In either case, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has helped me in this thread, either directly or indirectly, such as @Britsimon @Ifitis2be and @SusieQQQ . I specifically want to also thank @Asia174 and @Ivo Stoyanov - going through the process around the same time as both of you (and running into the same issues with KCC delays and such!) and being able to read about your experiences knowing I wasn't alone in all of this was a great help. Given how stressful the process is, having something almost like a support group here in this thread helped my sanity immeasurably, and I'm certain that both of your cases will resolve successfully over the next few days if they haven't already.

Finally, last but not least, I obviously cannot forget to thank the patron saint to DV AOS cases @Sm1smom , whom none of this would have likely been possible without :D
Congratulations! Go green :) and thanks for the ray of hope. I called KCC today.. Sadly same response. And yes a great support group here. This is a very positive place/ forum. From what I know CPO is when your green card is being produced. Might take a few days. Bt nothing to worry about for you from now. It can appear in your case status thing bt again may take few days. Anyway no worries for tou from now.

Hi, everyone!!

I know you have been waiting for my interview experience today. It was such a pleasant experience. I signed in at about 1:30 pm, 30 minutes before my interview time. My IO was one Great gentleman! He was so calm and relaxed. I took the oath, sat down. He took my new and old passports together with my I-94s. We basically talked through my forms and then the yes/no questions. That was it!!!

He said everything looked great and regretted not being able to make a decision given my file is still with KCC. He promised pulling some strings in a week's time if nothing is sent by then. As I stated earlier, it was such a PLEASANT experience.

Now I just have to cross my fingers/pray and wait. Thank You mom, Simon, and everything for all the HELP. Like Simon says and I quote "it's never over until the GC is in you hand".

Best of luck to everyone on this journey!!

Are you sure?! Because the Tb test "the skin test" is a shot the doctor gives it to you, it's different that the blood test! That's what I know of,
unless you had a Tb test before (when you're older than 16-20 years, I don't remember how old exactly). You have to take the Tb test again

Are you sure?! Because the Tb test "the skin test" is a shot the doctor gives it to you, it's different that the blood test! That's what I know of,
unless you had a Tb test before (when you're older than 16-20 years, I don't remember how old exactly). You have to take the Tb test again
IGRA TB blood test can also be done instead of skin test. Either should be fine. IGRA is usually faster and is not affected by prior BCG vaccine.

IGRA TB blood test can also be done instead of skin test. Either should be fine. IGRA is usually faster and is not affected by prior BCG vaccine.
thats sound good, Hopefully everything should be ready by monday so @Levo can send the package by then, you should also write down an expedite letter with the form explaining that your case expires on the 30th of september.

i have a quick question, on the I-765 (work permit) I was going through my copies and I noticed that My lawyer did something wrong, He checked on the married status instead of single!! my question is, Is there anyway to fix that now? and would that affect the process of the AOS I-485
my lawyer said its not a big deal, I just need a second opinion

i have a quick question, on the I-765 (work permit) I was going through my copies and I noticed that My lawyer did something wrong, He checked on the married status instead of single!! my question is, Is there anyway to fix that now? and would that affect the process of the AOS I-485
Hey,
Lawyer screwing up again. DV and lawyers dont go well.
You can wait for mom's opinion. I dont think it will affect the AOS process. My experience, i had done a mistake in my 485 form. I called USCIS and let them know. The guy was really nice asked me not to worry and that he would let the end person know about it ( FO). After a month of that call, i got a letter from my field office that they received the inquiry. Also, the IO mentioned it in my interview and edited it. I765 i assume is not sent to FO, is handled somewhere else I think.

hey
so this is directly not connected to AOS but I have no other way of getting to know this so I thought I'll ask you all since u guys are so helpful. I got my green card , and now I'm trying to be a resident of the sate in order to reduce my tuition, unfortunately I get no direct answer from college they ask me to submit some paper work, but I'm stuck on my FAFSA application they are asking for my lawful state of residency and I'm not sure whether I automatically become a resident of the state I get my green card from ? Is there any place I can get information regarding this , will USCIS be able to help me out ? again I'm sorry for posting it here but would apprciate it a lot if someone cn give me some direction

hey
so this is directly not connected to AOS but I have no other way of getting to know this so I thought I'll ask you all since u guys are so helpful. I got my green card , and now I'm trying to be a resident of the sate in order to reduce my tuition, unfortunately I get no direct answer from college they ask me to submit some paper work, but I'm stuck on my FAFSA application they are asking for my lawful state of residency and I'm not sure whether I automatically become a resident of the state I get my green card from ? Is there any place I can get information regarding this , will USCIS be able to help me out ? again I'm sorry for posting it here but would apprciate it a lot if someone cn give me some direction

Residency, and residency for in-state tuition, are not always the same (the latter sometimes has a minimum period). If you live there and are planning to continue to live there, you are usually regarded as a resident. Do you have a state driver license? Usually you can only get one if you are a resident so that's an "easy" proof.

I didn't do the skin test, I gave my blood and got shot today so waiting for Monday.i hope I can send everything on Monday
Levo I hope you went to an immigration approved doctor and told him your visit is for immigration purposes? Not just any doctor can sign the papers for you...You know that right? thought I'd ask cause it strikes me as odd that he didn't do the skin test or tell you about it...

hey

Like Susie noted above, being a U.S. residency and establishing residency for the purpose of in-state tuition are not the same thing. Not sure which State you're based in or where you're trying to establish residency for in state tuition purpose, however the following links (for California colleges for instance) can help you shed more light on your issue:

http://arweb.sdsu.edu/es/admissions/residency.html

http://www.ucop.edu/residency/establishing-residency.html

You can call the 1800 number for USCIS to report the error. You can also mention it to your IO at the time of your interview, even though your FO isn't responsible for processing the EAD.

Hi, everyone!!

I know you have been waiting for my interview experience today. It was such a pleasant experience. I signed in at about 1:30 pm, 30 minutes before my interview time. My IO was one Great gentleman! He was so calm and relaxed. I took the oath, sat down. He took my new and old passports together with my I-94s. We basically talked through my forms and then the yes/no questions. That was it!!!

He said everything looked great and regretted not being able to make a decision given my file is still with KCC. He promised pulling some strings in a week's time if nothing is sent by then. As I stated earlier, it was such a PLEASANT experience.

Now I just have to cross my fingers/pray and wait. Thank You mom, Simon, and everything for all the HELP. Like Simon says and I quote "it's never over until the GC is in you hand".

Best of luck to everyone on this journey!!

Almost at the finish line, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hi everyone,

Awesome news! Congratulations!!