• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hello Guys! Thanks be to GOD for safe arrival. I departed accra via Emirates on June 5th, 5:50pm and arrived in dubai about 5am. Then stayed another two hours transiting in Dubai and boarded another Emirates to JFK and arrived there 3:01pm. Everything was easy at Port of Entry JFK, it was closed to 10 mins and I was done. I had to board my next flight to North Carolina but was told the flight was cancelled, so they got me a hotel in NY, closer to the Airport. Had a tough time in NY, no one has time for anyone, everyone seems so busy and not willing to help you with directions. I left hotel early in the morning by 5:am to JFK to board my flight for NC by 8 am. I didn't know the right terminal where I was departing, I had to ask and people kept giving me wrong directions. When I finally found where I was departing, My flight had already left and so they scheduled me for the next one which was 5pm. I had to sit all those hours waiting and finally I got in NC by 6:48pm. It was a long journey but worth it. Presently I am loving the weather in North Carolina than NY, NY is cold.
My Green Card and Social security number will be arriving in two weeks or two and half weeks from now since I am already a week here today. My sponsor has his business here, so I started working with him the next day after I arrived. Will be looking for more jobs after my SSN arrives. I will stop here for now and I am wishing all of my colleagues a successful interview!
God bless.

Hello Guys! Thanks be to GOD for safe arrival. I departed accra via Emirates on June 5th, 5:50pm and arrived in dubai about 5am. Then stayed another two hours transiting in Dubai and boarded another Emirates to JFK and arrived there 3:01pm. Everything was easy at Port of Entry JFK, it was closed to 10 mins and I was done. I had to board my next flight to North Carolina but was told the flight was cancelled, so they got me a hotel in NY, closer to the Airport. Had a tough time in NY, no one has time for anyone, everyone seems so busy and not willing to help you with directions. I left hotel early in the morning by 5:am to JFK to board my flight for NC by 8 am. I didn't know the right terminal where I was departing, I had to ask and people kept giving me wrong directions. When I finally found where I was departing, My flight had already left and so they scheduled me for the next one which was 5pm. I had to sit all those hours waiting and finally I got in NC by 6:48pm. It was a long journey but worth it. Presently I am loving the weather in North Carolina than NY, NY is cold.
My Green Card and Social security number will be arriving in two weeks or two and half weeks from now since I am already a week here today. My sponsor has his business here, so I started working with him the next day after I arrived. Will be looking for more jobs after my SSN arrives. I will stop here for now and I am wishing all of my colleagues a successful interview!
God bless.

Welcome to the U.S.! Sorry you had a not-so-great start in NY but happy to hear all is well in NC!

You still don't get it . i have filled the ds260 already but then there is no add new applicant section to add my son. My son's details are all inclusive my application and that of my wife as a son. The embassy has to open or allow me add a new applicant which is my son then i can complete his ds260 for him.
How far?

the forum is quiet. it is my hope that as we prepare for our interviews in july and august, God will grant us success.

@@SusieQQQ@@Britsimon@@Sm1smom please i have my 2nl as the principal applicant, but my wife who is accompanying me, doesn't have hers. should she expect it or my own covers her.?

@@SusieQQQ@@Britsimon@@Sm1smom please i have my 2nl as the principal applicant, but my wife who is accompanying me, doesn't have hers. should she expect it or my own covers her.?

Only the PA gets the 2NL. Is her name listed on yours?

Sounds pretty decent in terms of objectives and overall description, no? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Examinations_Council
for waec i know them very well because i was there 4 times before my school certificate got to the embassy at the right office. but i will advice those who need waec confirmation should try and do follow up right from waec to waec post office to the ems to the delivery point at the embassy. And even ask the security personnel's at the delivery point which office their certificate got into. whether is the consular section or where because i know what i been through before i got my visa last month. man it was hell, i got a visa which has last less then 3 weeks to expire. so dont just sit on your buttocks guys cos at times waec may sometimes do a perfect waec, but the problem may come from ems or on the part of some people at the embassy. guys i know what i am talking about so dont sit down follow your envelop from the waec to the consular section.

These WAEC people kraa are part of the reason why dv winners are suffering... Corruption sooo
@Sammyblankson inbox me your number and i will give you some numbers from waec, ems and the guy who deliver letters from ems to the embassy. because you have to communicate with all this people to know exactly your envelope number, day and time you item was delivered to the embassy so that you can go to the deliver point for them to chech which office your letter has gotn into cos each letter has a number so without date and letter number, they cant track it from the delivery point at the embassy.

right now, my social security number is ready and am on preparation for my state ID card. for green card, am still waitn for it because i came to the states before paying the 165 fees.

Please I want to know how long it will take for me to recieve my green card?
I got my social security card on the 9th, got a job offer on the 15th and started work today (22nd).

I hope my guys preparing for the interview will all come out green. Am with you in prayers.
All the best of luck.