• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Nope, just for background for folks, reading our communication... You, yourself know what you are writing about, of course. :)

Hm, I'm sure if any Ghanaians not minding how far their thread has drifted were really interested they could also use google ;)

Hello guys,
I just read an article on Starrfmonline indicating why there have been lots of visa refusals in Ghana lately.
http://m.starrfmonline.com/1.4676837

I don't know how authentic that article is but it sure does give some more insight.

I also want to use this opportunity to Thank you guys. Being on this platform taught me so much and so I was better prepared for the interview. I am currently in New Jersey (been here since last thursday) awaiting my social security so I can start working.

Which part of NJ are you ?

To honourable members... Can I be
enlightened on the importance of filling in your
passport number on the ds260 forms? And is it
something sucidal if an individual does not fill
it for reasons beyond his/her control?

Would you mind to please briefly elaborate on "for reasons beyond his/her control" point?

I cannot possibly see why it would be beyond your control to fill in a passport number, but given that people can and do take new passports to interviews without changing their DS260s I guess it is not "suicidal". Although it may mean a flag on your application which could lead to delays if they haven't been able to do all the background checks etc.

I cannot possibly see why it would be beyond your control to fill in a passport number, but given that people can and do take new passports to interviews without changing their DS260s I guess it is not "suicidal". Although it may mean a flag on your application which could lead to delays if they haven't been able to do all the background checks etc.

Tnx very much. "Beyond my control" here meant, The was a delay in the printing of the passport.

Tnx very much. "Beyond my control" here meant, The was a delay in the printing of the passport.

Ok well, if you got the passport after the case has been scheduled and you can't unlock the form that shouldn't be an issue. They will be able to see it is a newly issued passport with, presumably, no travel on it yet so it shouldn't be an issue.

Ok well, if you got the passport after the case has been scheduled and you can't unlock the form that shouldn't be an issue. They will be able to see it is a newly issued passport with, presumably, no travel on it yet so it shouldn't be an issue.
Tnx really appreciate the timely reply.

Yes, possibly. On the other hand, unlike in cases where passports were being renewed and the old passport number had been included in the DS-260, the earlier communication here seemed to suggest that no passport number had been included in the DS-260 at any stage. If this were indeed the case, it might have possible implications on preliminary security checks in preparation of the interview etc., which the CO might not appreciate - as we have seen in earlier cases, CO's in Accra are quick to decide and hesitant to put people into extended AP. Hence, while final outcome is uncertain, it surely won't help the case in any way :(

Yes, possibly. On the other hand, unlike in cases where passports were being renewed and the old passport number had been included in the DS-260, the earlier communication here seemed to suggest that no passport number had been included in the DS-260 at any stage. If this were indeed the case, it might have possible implications on preliminary security checks in preparation of the interview etc., which the CO might not appreciate - as we have seen in earlier cases, CO's in Accra are quick to decide and hesitant to put people into extended AP. Hence, while final outcome is uncertain, it surely won't help the case in any way :(

If there was no existing passport before then there was no international travel to background check. So I don't actually agree. You are effectively saying that someone who applies for a first time passport for this is at a disadvantage. I must break it to you that there are many DV winners who have never travelled out of their home countries before. I don't think this is an issue - it's not a case of different names or birth dates or any of the other usual Ghana problems.

If there was no existing passport before then there was no international travel to background check. So I don't actually agree. You are effectively saying that someone who applies for a first time passport for this is at a disadvantage. I must break it to you that there are many DV winners who have never travelled out of their home countries before. I don't think this is an issue - it's not a case of different names or birth dates or any of the other usual Ghana problems.
In my understanding security checks are not limited to international travel, but very much include domestic security matters. The fact that a DV applicant has never travelled outside one's country certainly would not exempt that person from the need to receive security clearance. Without any passport number and other information this system would not work - there are many Boatengs with the same DOB in Ghana... Anyway, simply another potentially problematic case with the US Consulate in Accra :rolleyes:

In my understanding security checks are not limited to international travel, but very much include domestic security matters. The fact that a DV applicant has never travelled outside one's country certainly would not exempt that person from the need to receive security clearance. Without any passport number and other information this system would not work - there are many Boatengs with the same DOB in Ghana... Anyway, simply another potentially problematic case with the US Consulate in Accra :rolleyes:
Need someclearification...
Since I have no travelling experience, wat security check would be conducted? Internationally or locally. If internationally, where? If locally, wont the police clearance solve that?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your argument. You're saying in the absence of passports (which quite frankly the majority of Africans do not have) they can't do checks? Do you not realize many countries have other forms of identification? How does a passport help with a background check if some people who you claim of exactly the same name and birthdate have them and others don't and none of them have ever used their passports to travel anywhere?

This argument makes no sense to me. They are perfectly able to do domestic background checks in the absence of passport numbers and there are no international travel checks to do if there has been no international travel.

Need someclearification...
Since I have no travelling experience, wat security check would be conducted? Internationally or locally. If internationally, where? If locally, wont the police clearance solve that?

I don't think he actually understands how it works. Never mind ;) I am sure your absence of passport number will not be a problem.