• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

print out of dhl registartion confirmation paper, DS260 reegistartion confirmation paper, valid passport, recently taken 5x5cm color photo having white background
if anything is left, I kindly ask other mates to fill the remains

@MB1xxx
Thank you and that weight a lot. let me tell what she prepares or going to have/ regarding the document.
1. 10th grade ESGLC
2. preparatory transcript( 10+2)
3. temporary degree( university 4 years graduate)
4. birth certificate
5. marriage certificate
6. work experience letter
7. different photos of ours
8. 1st Dv-15 selection letter
9. appointment letter
10. medical exa
11. police clearance letter
12. Would you please tell me if she needs more?
Looks perfect. Don't also forget authentication of documents. Just minor things more:
- Authenticated "Higher Education Entrance Qualification certificate" i.e. the new 12 Grade matrix certificate.
- DHL registration (Internet Cafes around Shiro Meda can do this in 3 minutes or read the instruction on DV website if you want to do it yourself)
- Photo, 5cm square
- 330USD

Guys, I have one question regarding DHL. Do I need to register my wife separately? I have added her when I register on the DHL? I don't know if We need to register separately or together in one form.

@Sm1smom thank you. some of the questions are private to answer here but I badly need to discuss with you, Would you please inbox me your email if you do not mind?

The questions I asked are the same set of questions people routinely answer on the AOS Threads in this forum. Anyway you can send me a PM if you wish, I will try and guide you as best as I can. To send a PM, click on your username, there should be a drop down menu and one of the options on it should either be 'conversations' or 'start a conversation', click on it and the rest should be easy.

Guys, I have one question regarding DHL. Do I need to register my wife separately? I have added her when I register on the DHL? I don't know if We need to register separately or together in one form.
@Fikir12, yes you should register your wife together with you and you have done it well ,it looks you managed properly preparing all the necessary documents before the interview.
Good luck bro.

@MB1xxx thank you. Is her 12 grade matrix certificate enough?( she finished her high school 10+2. New Ethiopian education policy)
10+2??
The name 10+2 refers to a vocational study and is different from the preparatory (11th and 12th grade) which qualifies for university.
In any case tell her to prepare all her educational documents including school and university transcript, certificates and the degree.

got my social security yesterday ,
i cant believe i was waiting eagerly for these Little yet powerful piece of paper LOL

i suggest every body applies for one on arrival !
Dear @ZGREAT that is wonderful news!! Congratulations and Good Luck.
Qn: "Applying for SSN on arrival" Sounds great strategy! My understanding here is to go and apply at the nearest SSA or is it something we can do at the PoE?

Dear @ZGREAT that is wonderful news!! Congratulations and Good Luck.
Qn: "Applying for SSN on arrival" Sounds great strategy! My understanding here is to go and apply at the nearest SSA or is it something we can do at the PoE?

He mostly likely meant applying for SSN upon arrival "by visiting your nearest SSA". There's absolutely no way for anyone to apply for the SSN at the POE, that is handled by a completely different government agency.

Yes dear I apply on Thursday afternoon and they send it on Tuesday , so it take two business days

I would be very careful with making such a statement. SSA has never been known to be that fast, heck, I'm not even aware of any government agency that has such a quick turn around. My guess is what happened in your case was the card was already on its way to you, meaning one of the lucky ones who would have received the card without a new application. It typically takes about 2 weeks from applying for the card to be received.

Yes dear I apply on Thursday afternoon and they send it on Tuesday , so it take two business days
I would be very careful with making such a statement. SSA has never been known to be that fast, heck, I'm not even aware of any government agency that has such a quick turn around. My guess is what happened in your case was the card was already on its way to you, meaning one of the lucky ones who would have received the card without a new application. It typically takes about 2 weeks from applying for the card to be received.

OK, thank you @ZGREAT for sharing and thank you @Sm1smom also for sharing what the reality could be.

I have one scenario that makes both of you correct. When the officer tries to enter ZGreat's application in to a system, s/he found that it is already applied for by USCIS and the SSN is ready (already approved if they don't use one window system). This is Friday afternoon, s/he then printed it and sent the card. The card has then arrived on Tuesday.

Analysis: It could have probably taken them another week or so, if zgreat didn’t submit another application and therefore submitting new application helped facilitating the one already submitted by USCIS. As mom said, two working days must be too short for new application to get processed and sent. Therefore, to be on the safe side, applying personally one week or so after arrival my be optimal time between the two.

Sorry if I mess up things:)

Mom the man who took my application told me it will take from 5 days to 15 , and he have told me mine is a new application i was afraid of the double printing issue and showed him my DS260 where i choose to get a ssn , he said i should fill the new application form , so i dont think it was already processed , besides on fellow who lives around NJ have told me he got his social in 5 days " so these guys mighty be following the lottery method to process the cases LOL"

Mom the man who took my application told me it will take from 5 days to 15 , and he have told me mine is a new application i was afraid of the double printing issue and showed him my DS260 where i choose to get a ssn , he said i should fill the new application form , so i dont think it was already processed , besides on fellow who lives around NJ have told me he got his social in 5 days " so these guys mighty be following the lottery method to process the cases LOL"

Ok!

@Fikir12, yes you should register your wife together with you and you have done it well ,it looks you managed properly preparing all the necessary documents before the interview.
Good luck bro.
Thank you very much @rolex123 for your wish. You are right we have completed the authentication, police and medical. So far everything is good. We are counting down the interview date. Hopefully we will be one of the member of the successful Visa applicants in the forum.